SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

That's it!! I need an SC430. I'm still young the and need to live that coupe life!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-06, 12:23 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post That's it CL!! I need an SC430. I'm still young and need to live that coupe life!!

I've finally decided CL. You SC guys are killing me. After many posts in the 2nd Gen GS forum and lately the LS430 forum, I've finally decided to get an SC430. It's currently my dream car as I've always wanted a convertible. Intially it was the Range Rover until I finally got one. That didn't work out to well as it was stolen last year, but not before giving me my share of headaches.

Anyhow I figured it's time to get the SC. My initial plan was to get a GS430 or LS430 (both of which are great cars) until I traded it in for an SC. I've always wanted a droptop espically after driving a CLK several years back for extended periods of time. I love the sex appeal of a convertible, that rush you get when cruising while pumping some Marvin Sexual Healing. I figured why get car A or B when I know I plan to trade it in shortly for car C. The final straw was one of my boys getting a White SC. After driving his around I find it really hard to give up the keys when its time to drop it back off. I can't explain the feeling to you guys. It's like when you were a kid and your friend let you play with his Voltron (or whatever prized toy) and he asked for it back because it was time to go home.

The temptation of the SC has gotten to me and with spring approaching in the coming months I feel the time is now. (I finally got wifey to give me the okay )Plus as great a car as the LS is, I didn't want to be sitting at an intersection and have an SC pull up beside me and get that queasy feeling in my stomach like . So yes folks it's time as I need to live that coupe life. So you guys should see a few questions from in the next few weeks until I sign that contract. And don't worry I do use the search feature and have already read SC430 FAQs.

Last edited by LexLaw; 01-17-06 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-15-06, 10:21 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I know what you mean. While driving around in my GS one day a couple of years back a red SC430 pulled up on the other side of the intersection and of course the driver did the ,"hat trick" in front of me. I tried my best to not look at it and continued to fool myself into believing that I was not interested in getting that car.
However in the back of my mine I knew some wheels and a little lowering would really transform that body and it did.
My GS400 has been very faithful to me and am saddened that I accepted an offer and deposit yesterday from it's new owner. But...I forget about it once in the SC with the top down, wind rushing ,intake roaring, exhaust breathing, wheels gripping, and Mark cranking. Welcome aboard.
Old 01-15-06, 10:28 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the club I suppose you will not be getting a white one since your friend already have one ? . . .which will make some here happy
What color combo do you have in mind ?
Old 01-15-06, 11:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

haha can't wait till you get your car and join the sc430 club man trust me this car is something
Old 01-15-06, 11:37 AM
prex
Driver

You're in for a treat, they really got most everything right with this car. Hope your purchase goes smoothly.

(the soul asylum (otherwise awful band, even if they are from minneapolis) cover of sexual healing on the no alternative tribute cd (great stuff) is pretty great too) ..
Old 01-15-06, 05:38 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You gotta do it while u can!! and on the bright side u could throw a kid in the backseat when u have to. I was dreaming about getting an SC for the longest time, I am quite happy I got mine.
Old 01-15-06, 05:56 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Welcome to the club I suppose you will not be getting a white one since your friend already have one ? . . .which will make some here happy
What color combo do you have in mind ?
I actually love his white car, but black is my fav color for most cars. And I've never owned a black car. So yeah I'm leaning towards Black, then blue, then silver. Red is actually my fav color and I wear lots of it. You would think I was a blood but thats as far as it goes with that. I feel red is too much for me for an already attention gettting car but who knows. I'm thinkg Black on Black or Blue with white. Man I don't even know. I just dont want green, no offense to green car owners out there but I did that already with my Range and wasnt really loving that color then. What do you guys think of the saddle (NBA interior as I like to call it)?? Thanx for the replies guys.
Old 01-15-06, 06:34 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

By the way guys, believe it or not my first mod will not be rims but you guessed it Remote Top. What better way to stunt and showoff the great engineering of this car.