SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Napolean Dynamite SC430 shopping

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-06 | 10:41 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Default Napolean Dynamite SC430 shopping

Perhaps this is the wrong forum but I figured us SC430 lovers would get a kick out of this.

http://www.bobbybjoraker.com/videogallery.htm just click the SC430 Link. I swear this lame guy reminds me of Napolean Dynamite shopping for an SC430.
Old 01-18-06 | 11:43 AM
KevsSC
Intermediate

"I suppose this is black" LOL
Old 01-18-06 | 07:36 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KevsSC
"I suppose this is black" LOL
What's crazy is the fact that the guy was dead serious. I loved how he held his camera up to the window. I'm sure he's been to a few Star Wars movie premiers. I could see him sleeping in the rain on a futon on a sidewalk with the other 40 year old virgins, so that he could be first in line.
Old 01-18-06 | 09:01 PM
bjoraker
Driver

Yeah, Yeah, yeah, ha ha ha.... Thanks guys... That lame 40 year old virgin guy is me and I am color blind and thought that pine SC430 was black on a cloudy day so yes, I was dead serious. My family thought that was funny too. I drove by the dealer when they were closed on a Sunday and thought I could take a brief video of the car without getting harassed by a salesman. I posted that video on my website 2 years ago so my kids and parents could see the car I was drooling over. Yes, that website is intended for my family and is very tongue in cheek. Yes, that was my dream car and I bought it in black/saddle in 2004 a few yearsafter I saw the car. Yes, I love that car! Yes, I have been posting on this forum for the last few years with all the other lame wannabees who love this car and spend endless amounts of money making it shine purty and everything. BTW, I held the camera up to the window to try and get my folks a view of the quality interior of the car, but as you can see that failed pretty miserably. I got a nice view of myself instead. I was freezing my *** off and the wind was blowing my thin hair around as you can see. Nice unintended special FX and I didn't even go to film school to learn how!

If its lame to love that car, then I am definitely lame, LexLaw.

Last edited by bjoraker; 01-18-06 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-18-06 | 09:22 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bjoraker
Yeah, Yeah, yeah, ha ha ha.... Thanks guys... That lame 40 year old virgin guy is me and I am color blind and thought that pine SC430 was black on a cloudy day so yes, I was dead serious. My family thought that was funny too. I drove by the dealer when they were closed on a Sunday and thought I could take a brief video of the car without getting harassed by a salesman. I posted that video on my website 2 years ago so my kids and parents could see the car I was drooling over. Yes, that website is intended for my family and is very tongue in cheek. Yes, that was my dream car and I bought it in black/saddle in 2004 a few years after I saw the car. Yes, I love that car! Yes, I have been posting on this forum for the last few years with all the other lame wannabees who love this car and spend endless amounts of money making it shine purty and everything. BTW, I held the camera up to the window to try and get my folks a view of the quality interior of the car, but as you can see that failed pretty miserably. I got a nice view of myself instead. I was freezing my *** off and the wind was blowing my thin hair around as you can see. Nice unintended special FX and I didn't even go to film school to learn how!

If its lame to love that car, then I am definitely lame, LexLaw.
LMAO, how funny is this. A CL member. You obviously have good taste in cars. The other stuff I won't touch. That clip was great and I appreciate your sense of humor. But you know that clip was right up there with Al Roker in the rainstorm last year. It reminds me of when I was younger living in FL. I'd go to the dealer at night to look at Ranges and BMWs but that's for another day. I'm curious....just how long did you stand out there in that rain?? By the way the Lexus dealer should have given you the title and keys that day just for your effort.

P.S. Please tell me that there is an unedited version. I need that!!!
Peace, Isa
Old 01-18-06 | 09:42 PM
bjoraker
Driver

Originally Posted by LexLaw
LMAO, how funny is this. A CL member. You obviously have good taste in cars. The other stuff I won't touch. That clip was great and I appreciate your sense of humor. But you know that clip was right up there with Al Roker in the rainstorm last year. It reminds me of when I was younger living in FL. I'd go to the dealer at night to look at Ranges and BMWs but that's for another day. I'm curious....just how long did you stand out there in that rain?? By the way the Lexus dealer should have given you the title and keys that day just for your effort.

P.S. Please tell me that there is an unedited version. I need that!!!
Peace, Isa
No, that was all I could handle. Just those little clips. I mean, it was COLD and the wind was blowing and it was starting to snow/sleet. I think my voice is definitely shaking in the soundtrack. A few minutes was all it took and I was shaking all over. My wife was shopping nearby and I did not want her to know I was looking at this car so I snuck over a few blocks to the dealer knowing they were closed and blitzed through their lot looking for any sc430s. I took her over later and showed her the "black" sc430 and she gently explained that it was pine and that I couldn't have it. I was unfazed by that revelation having lived with this red green color problem all my life but I wanted that car badly the more I looked into it. Trolled endlessly here and ended up saving a bundle when it came time to buy new. I knew much more about the car than the salesman.

I don't know why I haven't put one up showing the gee whiz top going up and down.
I am definitely a car/motorcycle/technology geek, so you pegged me right the first time!
Old 01-18-06 | 11:40 PM
KevsSC
Intermediate

I thought it was black too from the video. Your not lame.. thats how I was at Lexus when I first saw the SC430.
Old 01-19-06 | 12:42 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness
CL Folding 500000

What I want to know is, how did LexLaw find this vid on bjoraker’s website in the first place? LOL
Old 01-19-06 | 02:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

ok guys, i guess there is not much more sc430 related to talk about in this thread, i am going to close it