SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Lux Link Remote Top or 2 way Pager??

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-06, 07:21 AM
Chekmi21
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the difference between the older model and this new one that they are working on?
Old 05-10-06, 07:46 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Chekmi21
What is the difference between the older model and this new one that they are working on?
This new unit has been promised for some time now. Still no word on details other than possibly side window control. Will have to wait and see.
Old 05-10-06, 09:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
This new unit has been promised for some time now. Still no word on details other than possibly side window control. Will have to wait and see.
yeah they said it will have the side rear windows control, plus "more". what's more? no one knows
Old 05-10-06, 02:53 PM
Chekmi21
Lead Lap

So does the older model of the remote top, not roll up the windows when you put the top up?
Old 05-10-06, 08:16 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Angry I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

The difference is the older one is discontinued and the newer "messiah" has yet to come and suckers like me are still waiting. Come on guys. It would be great to have it before the next Festivus season.
Old 05-10-06, 10:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

So does the older model of the remote top, not roll up the windows when you put the top up?
the older model doesn't have any control on teh rear side windows. when the top is up, they are closed, when the top is down, they are opened

lexlaw, believe me i have been thinking hard about selling mine
Old 05-10-06, 11:05 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Default It's like that??

Originally Posted by rominl
the older model doesn't have any control on teh rear side windows. when the top is up, they are closed, when the top is down, they are opened

lexlaw, believe me i have been thinking hard about selling mine
Damn is it that bad?? really has it been giving you problems?
Old 05-10-06, 11:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LexLaw
Damn is it that bad?? really has it been giving you problems?
you wanna talk about bitter experience?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171265

seriously, i think it's a good product, neat feature (i mostly care about the auto top down only, not much about auto start), but it's definitely not cheap, especially that lee (pearlpower) already found out what module they are actually using to create the luxlink

and with my experience with lmw together with all the stories i have heard about them? makes me think twice sometimes
Old 05-11-06, 06:24 AM
camillian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
you wanna talk about bitter experience?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171265

seriously, i think it's a good product, neat feature (i mostly care about the auto top down only, not much about auto start), but it's definitely not cheap, especially that lee (pearlpower) already found out what module they are actually using to create the luxlink

and with my experience with lmw together with all the stories i have heard about them? makes me think twice sometimes
Henry,
I read your thread about your experience with LMW. Wow I am sorry anyone has to go through that. At the same time I realize you are human like the rest of us when dealing with people in the auto business. As many of us including myself have had some trouble one way or another.

I noticed your coils rubbing against that "plastic flap" part of the lineing. How did you solve that? This was one of my concerns also when I installed the coilovers last week. The installers and myself noticed this but left it as is because we couldn't think of what to do except for cutting the plastic.

What did you do?
Old 05-11-06, 09:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by camillian
Henry,
I read your thread about your experience with LMW. Wow I am sorry anyone has to go through that. At the same time I realize you are human like the rest of us when dealing with people in the auto business. As many of us including myself have had some trouble one way or another.

I noticed your coils rubbing against that "plastic flap" part of the lineing. How did you solve that? This was one of my concerns also when I installed the coilovers last week. The installers and myself noticed this but left it as is because we couldn't think of what to do except for cutting the plastic.

What did you do?
i just pulled it back out and not sure if it continues to rub. it's not that big of a problem anyway. i can't say if it's normal or not too and whether all sc430 owners with tein have that problem.
Old 05-11-06, 05:48 PM
LEXINIT
Driver School Candidate

Henry, I just read the whole thread, sorry for the stress you and your wife went through...That's why, to this day, ME, MYSELF & I, are the only peole that work on my cars, including my 800hp Supra that I built myself...DID YOU EVER GET A REPLACEMENT DOOR PANEL ???
Hughie...FL
Old 05-11-06, 10:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LEXINIT
Henry, I just read the whole thread, sorry for the stress you and your wife went through...That's why, to this day, ME, MYSELF & I, are the only peole that work on my cars, including my 800hp Supra that I built myself...DID YOU EVER GET A REPLACEMENT DOOR PANEL ???
Hughie...FL
thanks for your support, hughie, it's good to know people care.

yes, definitely. trust me if i have the ability, i would work on my car as well. that's why from now on ONLY people i trust (very few of them) can touch my car.

they got a new door panel, but that didn't fix the problem at all, and basically they left me like that, saying there was nothing else they could do. i finally found a very good lexus master tech and he was able to improved the problem so there is a gap now. i will leave it like that, can't find myself to care more about them.