SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Lux Link Remote Top or 2 way Pager??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-06, 10:41 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lux Link Remote Top or 2 way Pager??

Alright guys, I know I haven't bought my SC yet but I definitely would like to buy a the Lux Link remote start and top. What's up with them? I know they are sold out (as they have been for a while) and are in developement for an updated one. When is this thing coming out?

My other question is if I should buy one of those 2 way pager alarms with remote start. I love the glass sensor pager feature. I know they have window up modules that will do what factory Lexus settings won't. My other issue is that the car I'm looking at only has the master key and would have to buy another key. If I go aftermarket 2way pager route then I'll just buy the plate key because I'll only need one Lexus remote. So do you think these window modules that come with these alarms could control the roof also?
Old 02-13-06, 12:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

personally i don't like the idea of having another remote, so that's why i got the lux link
Old 02-13-06, 01:29 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
personally i don't like the idea of having another remote, so that's why i got the lux link
I do prefer one remote but when will they be re released?? That's one of the reasonsI'm looking at possible alternatives. Also does your Lux Link roof up automatically bring your windows up too? You know how Lexus only has windows down via remote.
Old 02-13-06, 01:50 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexLaw
I do prefer one remote but when will they be re released?? That's one of the reasonsI'm looking at possible alternatives. Also does your Lux Link roof up automatically bring your windows up too? You know how Lexus only has windows down via remote.

they have been telling me very soon for quite some time now. I would guess in 3 months
Old 02-13-06, 03:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

for my setup, once the roof comes up/down, the windows will roll up again i believe
Old 02-13-06, 04:12 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
for my setup, once the roof comes up/down, the windows will roll up again i believe
If that's the case, that's great. Whenever you do drop your top again in SUNNY CALIFORNIA Please check. Thanx
Old 02-13-06, 05:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LexLaw
If that's the case, that's great. Whenever you do drop your top again in SUNNY CALIFORNIA Please check. Thanx
hahhaa sure, i wish i actually have the car with me too
Old 02-14-06, 12:52 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

For those that would like to buy direct, Directed is the company for a remote start.

My Luxlink remote start unit is a 551T Valet model. A new and improved 561T is available.

http://www.directed.com/security/valet/val_rs.asp#561T

Here is the link for them. Works though the factory key fob. I can program it from 1-9 clicks to start the car. I have it on 4 though 3 would work great. I can post a vid if someone likes.

Luxlink apparently denies that they are the same, but...they do program identically!
Available for under $100.00!

The remote top portion I am checking on to see what the source is/was on that.

Lee
Old 02-14-06, 01:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
For those that would like to buy direct, Directed is the company for a remote start.

My Luxlink remote start unit is a 551T Valet model. A new and improved 561T is available.

http://www.directed.com/security/valet/val_rs.asp#561T

Here is the link for them. Works though the factory key fob. I can program it from 1-9 clicks to start the car. I have it on 4 though 3 would work great. I can post a vid if someone likes.

Luxlink apparently denies that they are the same, but...they do program identically!
Available for under $100.00!

The remote top portion I am checking on to see what the source is/was on that.

Lee
wow damn this is nice homework lee! how did you find out about that! that's awesome stuff!!!!!!!

yeah figure out the top as well and we all got super cool stuff. i wish i knew this earlier so i didn't end up with what i had.....

i know the remote top uses some sort of timer, that emulate pushing on the open/close botton for certain amount of time
Old 02-14-06, 05:41 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Damn Lee good work
Old 02-14-06, 10:01 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Default luxlink

Well I can chime in here. I was one of the last people to get the old lux link remote top and starter. After hours of work from my lexus dealer. The remote top only worked not the starter. So them pulled it out and called Steve at lux link (I guess they know each other well). My unit was defective. Steve had me send it back. I was told the new one would be out the first week in January and they would make arrangements to put it in my car at no cost. Well I have paid for the unit don't have it and am getting a bit tired of all this. They did offer to refund my money in January, but after dealing with all the hassle I want the unit. The last time frame I was told was around the end of this month?? The new unit is supposed to have some new features like control of the small side windows? I just would like it already
Old 02-14-06, 10:28 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

also I wonder if we could add a signal booster to the key I think rominl is an EE. tell me whats up
Old 02-14-06, 01:27 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hmmm, mine works from well over 50' away. Fresh battery in it of course.
Unit works pretty darm good. Can't complain.
Lee
Old 02-14-06, 05:31 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

This is great stuff you guys are coming up with. Special Shout outs to Lee with that research.
Old 02-14-06, 10:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Hmmm, mine works from well over 50' away. Fresh battery in it of course.
Unit works pretty darm good. Can't complain.
Lee
yeah the range of the remote is stupid. i can easily do it 50+ ft away no problem

lee i am still amazed what you have discovered, this is really cool!!!!!!!!! maybe i should just sell my luxlink units on both cars and get your stuff

btw, it's the same guy from lmw or luxlink, steve

Quick Reply: Lux Link Remote Top or 2 way Pager??