SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430-Most compliments I have ever received

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-06, 10:37 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Had 4 yesterday. 1 from an adult male. 3 were from teens leaving school out in San Bernardino where I had to go to handle some personal business (boy that city has changed for the worse). Anyhow while rolling up to the light I drove past a group of girls and one screamed out, "Get out my Lexus Mother %$#$%^". I smiled and drove off. I suppose that is a compliment.
Lee
Old 03-09-06, 11:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Had 4 yesterday. 1 from an adult male. 3 were from teens leaving school out in San Bernardino where I had to go to handle some personal business (boy that city has changed for the worse). Anyhow while rolling up to the light I drove past a group of girls and one screamed out, "Get out my Lexus Mother %$#$%^". I smiled and drove off. I suppose that is a compliment.
Lee
haha it's ok leee, take that as generation gap
Old 03-10-06, 04:24 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow

Lee
Um, yeah that's gotta be the best so far.
Old 03-10-06, 05:45 AM
DChuka
Driver

Lee
LOL! I used to go to San Bernardino a couple times a years but haven't been for a couple...glad to see it hasn't changed! We have our own version in NJ and I've gotten the same "compliment."
Old 03-10-06, 07:00 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on the opposite of compliments I had some hick in a truck yell something that didnt seem to be too nice at me while my top was down yesterday. I think it was prob more of a racial remark, I couldnt really hear since the system was thumping I really wish I would have so I could have said something smart back, too bad he drove off while I was stuck at a light.
Old 03-10-06, 07:03 AM
DChuka
Driver

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
on the opposite of compliments I had some hick in a truck yell something that didnt seem to be too nice at me while my top was down yesterday. I think it was prob more of a racial remark, I couldnt really hear since the system was thumping I really wish I would have so I could have said something smart back, too bad he drove off while I was stuck at a light.
I'll bet if you had your tinted windows up that wouldn't have happened. Don't they block that kind of stuff?
Old 03-10-06, 07:18 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DChuka
I'll bet if you had your tinted windows up that wouldn't have happened. Don't they block that kind of stuff?

HAHAHA They could still see the back of my head LOL
Old 03-10-06, 09:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

i think you would have been the same class as those people if you replied
Old 03-10-06, 08:52 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

HAHAHA They could still see the back of my head LOL
LMAO. Yeah but you gotta love these kinda people. I use their hate and misunderstanding for motivation. What would the world be without them. Oh that's right we'd actually have a world where people respect and value each other regardless of their ethnic differences.
Old 03-10-06, 11:18 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

LOL! I used to go to San Bernardino a couple times a years but haven't been for a couple...glad to see it hasn't changed! We have our own version in NJ and I've gotten the same "compliment."
LOL i used to live in san bernardino and now im in NJ too..

i thought by now that place would be better but i guess not.
Old 03-11-06, 03:40 AM
mapluv
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JillBS
I just got my used 2002 SC 430 (Navy) to replace my Merc. SLK230 -Ltd edition (Calypso Green) car..(I won't tell you what a nightmare that car was). Anyway, the first week I had the Lexus...I took it through the state inspection station...of course those familiar with such places would know that .. you have to get out of the car & let them drive it to test the brakes, suspension, emissions,etc Now in the past with the Mercedes..I've had double takes of my car probably due to the rare color... but rarely compliments to me directly. However, bringing the Lexus through the guy inside the station says, "this car is awesome... can you wait a few minutes before leaving so that I can call my girlfriend?" lol So flattered as I was.. I waited.. she came zooming in riding in her beautiful corvette. Asked to sit in the Lexus ..& then fell in love with it there on the spot! Since then, her as well as 6 other strangers have commented "but what do you do to afford that car?"...I reply back to them every time....it cost me no more than what you are driving...i bought it used for $29,000. They are baffled but its true even the new loaded Explorers as well as many loaded Minivans...same price as my Lexus. Its all on your priorities in life. With Lexus quality a few miles from a used one...is laughable & like new still. In addition, the 2002 looks almost identical to the 2006! Pass it on...
I am waiting for the GS350 to come out but now I am so tempted to get the SC. Found a nice one here that has been sitting in the lot for quite a while so they'll probably sell it cheap. It's a 2002 as well. How many miles did you have when you bought it?
Old 03-13-06, 07:48 AM
DChuka
Driver

It was a beautiful day in NJ this past Saturday so I decided to get the car washed and put the top down for the first time this year. I stopped at a store on the way home to pick something up and parked in a spot where the sun hit the car. In sunlight, the amethyst (OK, so it's purple!) really is striking when the car is clean. When I can out of the store, a guy was just standing there looking at the car. When he saw me, he said, "That's a beautiful car!" I thanked him and he said, "No, I mean that's a BEAUTIFUL car!" Thanked him again and as I backed out of my space, I saw him get into his 7-series BMW...!
Old 03-13-06, 10:50 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

It was a beautiful day in NJ this past Saturday so I decided to get the car washed and put the top down for the first time this year. I stopped at a store on the way home to pick something up and parked in a spot where the sun hit the car. In sunlight, the amethyst (OK, so it's purple!) really is striking when the car is clean. When I can out of the store, a guy was just standing there looking at the car. When he saw me, he said, "That's a beautiful car!" I thanked him and he said, "No, I mean that's a BEAUTIFUL car!" Thanked him again and as I backed out of my space, I saw him get into his 7-series BMW...!
I would have asked him to trade
Old 03-13-06, 11:12 AM
DChuka
Driver

I would have asked him to trade
I agree with you!!!
Then I'd sell it and buy a 2006 SC and use the rest of the $$$ to mod the daylights out of it!
Old 03-13-06, 07:01 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

I agree with you!!!
Then I'd sell it and buy a 2006 SC and use the rest of the $$$ to mod the daylights out of it!
Word, I'd definitely cop an '06.

Quick Reply: SC430-Most compliments I have ever received