SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430-Most compliments I have ever received

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-06, 04:48 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Post SC430-Most compliments I have ever received

OK, not trying to come across as a snob or anything which is why I delayed in posting this, but I am curious as to how you react to the attention you get in your SC430? Any funny stories?

I am not going to ask ,"Do you get any attention"?, because I know better.

I received 3 just on Saturday alone. One from an older gentlemen who pulled up next to me and said, "Must be nice to drive that”,” Sure is nice”. Another from the lady at the store who looked at her friend and said, "Oh my god, look at that Lexus". Last was from a 19yr old or so kid in a Chrysler convertible at the gas station that came over and said, " I don't normally like those, but yours is sick".

This on top of the well over 30 compliments (even when stock) from the time I have owned the car which is not very long. In fact of all of the cars I have owned (well over 30) none come close and this car gets more attention than all three of my prior Lexus's and 3 BMW's combined.

I am not one for attention and would rather blend in but DAMN, I could not get more attention if I ran down the freeway naked with a satellite dish on my head!

Share your ownership experience..............
Old 02-14-06, 05:04 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have considered starting a daily journal of compliments received on my SC430.
A very hot young woman saw my SC get valet parked right up front (as usual) in downtown orlando, she said to her friend "check out that lexus right there... its hot! Even when I go to the Lexus Dealer everyone marvels to them selves or expresses their adoration to me, and they see them all day long. People roll down their windows at stop lights and say "nice car". Sometimes I even stop and look twice at my own car, when no one is looking.
Old 02-14-06, 05:30 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 224 Likes on 152 Posts

I' ve had quite a few, the most recent one is in a parkade, a couple was walking around my car & gawking at it when I was walking towards it, I smiled at them, & they said " Is this yours ? it's absolutely beautiful ! "They told me a relative of his got a 350Z, but it's not nearly as nice, & that mine looks much more expensive & classy . . .

There are many more, but another was when the new TL first came out , I drove my SC430 to the dealership where I got my previous Acura to look at the TL. I parked my car near the entrance of the show room, & as soon as I entered the showroom, I saw the few employees at the service counter as well as a couple salesman walking out towards my car & surrounded it. When I walked towards the TL in the showroom, no salesman was anywhere near it LOL. Later when I was leaving, they all asked "Is this your new car ?" & told me how nice it is .

Last edited by Gojirra99; 02-14-06 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-14-06, 06:20 PM
spyderdude
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
OK, not trying to come across as a snob or anything which is why I delayed in posting this, but I am curious as to how you react to the attention you get in your SC430? Any funny stories?

I am not going to ask ,"Do you get any attention"?, because I know better.

I received 3 just on Saturday alone. One from an older gentlemen who pulled up next to me and said, "Must be nice to drive that”,” Sure is nice”. Another from the lady at the store who looked at her friend and said, "Oh my god, look at that Lexus". Last was from a 19yr old or so kid in a Chrysler convertible at the gas station that came over and said, " I don't normally like those, but yours is sick".

This on top of the well over 30 compliments (even when stock) from the time I have owned the car which is not very long. In fact of all of the cars I have owned (well over 30) none come close and this car gets more attention than all three of my prior Lexus's and 3 BMW's combined.

I am not one for attention and would rather blend in but DAMN, I could not get more attention if I ran down the freeway naked with a satellite dish on my head!

Share your ownership experience..............
can i see the pictures of your car?
Old 02-14-06, 08:30 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr. Pearlpower, what a great thread. I, too, have had nothing but nice compliments. "That's you. you look good in that car". "nice car". "Beautiful car". "What kinda car is that".

Since transforming it to WALD/SOARER badging, most people stare at the front end like their eyes are glued to the front bumper or something. Then, the slowly walk around and see the big "L", they realize it's a Lexus.
Old 02-14-06, 08:56 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I myself have had my share of BMW's and other fancy cars as well. But I can agree with you, none of them get as many heads as my SC430. Same with Mercedes, I have friends who say their SC430 gets much more heads than their Benz.

I put this into reason by saying that BMW's are rampant and common. The 3 series is a very popular car, and to the ordinary common person, seeing the badge no matter what model BMW it is is enough to say, "I've seen one of those".

With the lexus, SC430's are defintely not common in my area. Mine is probably one of very few modded in western Canada. I get heads all the time that when I step into my LX470, I actually notice that people aren't looking at me. (Talk about a ego trip for us SC owners hahaha!!)

My son won't let me drive him/pick him up from school anymore because of all the attention he gets when stepping into the SC. For highschoolers, they automatically classify you then when you have a lexus as "rich". Gets unwanted attention, namely jealousy especially at that young age.

But hey, whats not to like? Smooth styling, lexus name=reliability, best interior...

Steve
Old 02-14-06, 09:15 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Theres very few of these in the UK and as a result I get stopped all the time, it amazes how everyone looks from 5 y.o kids to elderly folks.

Most ppl dont know what it is so I get alot of comments like is it an Aston Martin or a Maserati.

Couple of funny ones...

I went into a Supermarket, parked the car up and there was just a handful of ppl in the car park. When I came out 20 minutes latter I couldnt see the car. There was atleast 30 people just standing around it looking at it.

I parked outside my local exotic car dealer and was checking his cars. Ferrari Enzos, Lambos, Porky GTs, Hummers, Astons etc etc and some people walk up and to their right is all these cars and on there left is mine. They dont even look at the others but stop and look at mine

There was a beat up old Ford following me around Croydon, South London at 2am in the morning. Was getting a bit worried so at the lights I put the roof up. Then he carries on following me, flashing me and waving out the window.. I just carry on driving, he catches me up at the next lights. So im like watching him in the side mirrors with my foot on the gas... and he calls out "hey, is that a Maserati!"
Old 02-14-06, 10:12 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aquanuke
There was a beat up old Ford following me around Croydon, South London at 2am in the morning. Was getting a bit worried so at the lights I put the roof up. Then he carries on following me, flashing me and waving out the window.. I just carry on driving, he catches me up at the next lights. So im like watching him in the side mirrors with my foot on the gas... and he calls out "hey, is that a Maserati!"
I love this one. A stalker in a Ford. That's always good. I look forward to this.
Old 02-14-06, 10:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i have had way too many compliments on the sc430 it's not even funny. i don't think i have had close to half the complements on my gs400, that really sux...

i still remember one time i was going out rolling with anothe two white sc430 modded and top down, two gals ran chasing our cars screaming "OH MY GOD, I LOVE YOUR CAR" now that was the best

even take out all the stares and looks i got from people on the street or people driving in other cars, i still get people talk to me when we get our or approach our cars.

believe me, this car is amazing.
Old 02-14-06, 10:36 PM
GEE-BEE
Pole Position

Default 2006 sc430

I think it depends on were you live:

I see new Maserati's and Ferrari's etc here by the dozen, the delaer here sells more exotic's and Bently's and Roll Royce phantom'e then any were in the U.S.

I get a few nod's and thumb's up , But I did mine based on the Tom's website.

Most people here in the Palm Springs area driving SC430's are the old or snobby .

No tinted window's or mod's , maybe a gold pkg or stock chrome wheels is all you see....

My local dealer inform's me I'am the only owner under 50 that he has.......

I think the wheels's make the car, Thanks Wald !

Duchalett II 20's 255 x 20 & 285 x 20
Old 02-14-06, 10:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow, weird, i never saw exotics at palm spring
Old 02-14-06, 11:08 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah me too, A Rolls last time, ton of 3 series, alot of old Cadi's and Jags, and only one other SC430 there.

Funniest was when a guy in his Colorado seemed to be playing with me. When I finally allowed him to pull aside he says, "She's a runner, keep that one, unless you want to trade". I waved.

Lee
Old 02-15-06, 12:39 AM
smoothLEX
Driver

Funny I've never received that much attention in my wife's sc. I guess I just haven't driven it enough to get the full experience.
Old 02-15-06, 05:40 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think after getting so much attention in my old car that I dont feel I get any in my new car
Old 02-15-06, 05:50 AM
JTMav
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well here in the greater Boston area the SC is pretty rare. I am surprised by all the attention it gets. Frequently when I am returning to my car in a parking lot there is someone(or group) staring at the car with all the usual questions. Saturday I was coming out of Best Buy and there was a guy and his son(12-13 yro) waiting for me to talk about the car. I let the kid sit in it and put the top down, all the while he's pleading with his dad "you gotta get one of these". In a way it's more attention than I bargained for and like Pearlpower I would rather blend but it ain't gonna happen. The car is a head turner, and every morning I park it in the garage at work I turn back to look at it before I leave.

JTMav

Quick Reply: SC430-Most compliments I have ever received