SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

socal/norcal all sc430 meet

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-06, 02:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ok, seems like SLO is the place. i am going to try and find more info. and the date is set to 4/22, once these two are set i think it's going to be easier

mike, come on, you can't just get a meet next door man. drive together with other peeps and enjoy the event!!!!

and ok.... i guess i can't bring my gs..... or at least i have to park it very far away @_@
Old 02-21-06, 10:20 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

teeman3 confirmed.

This will be a rare and first of a kind meet. Most likely, there may not be another like this meet again.

For those of you who think it's a far and long drive, I feel for you. But look at it this way...How often do you get a chance to get together w/ common interests, take a nice drive, take a mini-vacation and feel good about yourself and the investment that you have made.

It's not about the distance of the drive, but the experience you make of it, especially when you have a hard top drop top.

Sometimes you gotta say, "What the ----? and roll w/ it. you only live once, so I'm planning to do that w/ every possible opportunity that will make me happy that I encounter.

I'm so looking forward to this meet.

Last edited by martini3; 02-21-06 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-21-06, 02:04 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teeman3
teeman3 confirmed.

This will be a rare and first of a kind meet. Most likely, there may not be another like this meet again.

For those of you who think it's a far and long drive, I feel for you. But look at it this way...How often do you get a chance to get together w/ common interests, take a nice drive, take a mini-vacation and feel good about yourself and the investment that you have made.

It's not about the distance of the drive, but the experience you make of it, especially when you have a hard top drop top.

Sometimes you gotta say, "What the ----? and roll w/ it. you only live once, so I'm planning to do that w/ every possible opportunity that will make me happy that I encounter.

exactly...I just won't follow too closely to you bro just in case there is an overabundance of cigar smoke flying back
Old 02-21-06, 02:09 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teeman3
teeman3 confirmed.

I think Tee is right. Well at least in my case that is. I just have a new born on 1/20/2006 and life has been different. So to come to this kind of meet in the future will be unlikely. Heck, I have not even told my wife about this meeting yet!!!!
Old 02-21-06, 04:03 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark, congrats. you didn't hand out "it's a Boy or It's a Girl" cigars? They have that in the shops, you know. Anyway, i'll light one up to celebrate on your behalf.

And I'll make sure to give you a nice one when we meet.
oh yeah, you too, DRSupra.
Old 02-21-06, 04:34 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
I think Tee is right. Well at least in my case that is. I just have a new born on 1/20/2006 and life has been different. So to come to this kind of meet in the future will be unlikely. Heck, I have not even told my wife about this meeting yet!!!!
Congratulations Mark.

I must have missed the formal announcement. What did you have and what did you name he or she?
Old 02-21-06, 11:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ok, it's still all preliminary, probably need to grab couple more guys to get the final call, but i am trying to shoot for 4/22 ~ 4/23 event in san luis obispo. people can probably arrive ahead of time on 4/21 even if you want. 4/22 is the "main" event where we will try to all gather together, drive, eat, and hang out at some cool places. then it would be more of an individual time where you can go with your family or in small groups to different places.

seems like it's going to be good 2 hour drive for most people. serioulsy it's not that bad at all, especially if you hit on 101 or 1 (haven't looked at the map closely), it's very nice scenery. if weather is nice and you put your top down, that's one joy ride!!!!!!!

tee said it very well, this event is going to be hard. we have less cars but great distances to be covered by everyone, so it's a lot of planning. i will try to iron down things soon so we can all enjoy!
Old 02-22-06, 09:40 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by camillian
Congratulations Mark.

I must have missed the formal announcement. What did you have and what did you name he or she?
Mario, Tee and everyone else who cares,

Thank you very much for the greeting. I never really make any formal announcement because the new experience is taking a toll on me physically. Its a BOY and his name is.............. ok don't laugh at me on this one because I was NOT the one who came up with this name.... its my wife. His name is LEX. IT HAS NOTHING to do with me loving LEXUS!!! I swear!!!!!
Old 02-22-06, 12:18 PM
mellowcmb
Rookie

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Mario, Tee and everyone else who cares,

Thank you very much for the greeting. I never really make any formal announcement because the new experience is taking a toll on me physically. Its a BOY and his name is.............. ok don't laugh at me on this one because I was NOT the one who came up with this name.... its my wife. His name is LEX. IT HAS NOTHING to do with me loving LEXUS!!! I swear!!!!!
Wow Mark.....I don't even remember asking you about the baby's name. I admit, I think I would have laughed too if I had known about the name. A BIG CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!

Carlo
Old 02-22-06, 01:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by mellowcmb
Wow Mark.....I don't even remember asking you about the baby's name. I admit, I think I would have laughed too if I had known about the name. A BIG CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!

Carlo
it's ok carlo, me and my wife we laughed so bad when we first heard the name
Old 02-23-06, 04:02 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
here's the list:
1. gsxotic
2. teeman
3 mimi - henry
4. jsl757
5. mellowcmb
6. damlex
7. dprsupra
8. pearlpower
9. valvetblue
We need more participants!!!
Old 02-23-06, 06:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hopefully tonight or tomorrow i can have some updates to post about, mostly about the schedule, routes, and see if everyone is good. then we can probably have an official sign up list and also details on hotels, etc...
Old 02-25-06, 09:06 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Well the wifey informed me that we have a preplanned and prepaid (not by us) trip until the 22nd which I though was earlier in the week. I can make the week prior and week after. Sorry, I would love to meet up with you guys but family is family. IT would have been glorious.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 02-26-06 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-25-06, 10:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it's ok, i am trying to see if i can put up couple of date choices for people, so check back lee
Old 02-26-06, 12:40 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds good Henry. Thanks.
Lee

Quick Reply: socal/norcal all sc430 meet