SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Official SIgnup!!! All SC430 Meet -- San Luis Obispo -- 4/28 ~ 4/29 -- It's a GO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-06, 03:17 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's up to jsl757 and DRSupra to decide if they're more than 80% sure at this point for NorCal.
Old 04-05-06, 11:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

damn valvet you are quick! i haven't even posted all the info

in any, we are almost there!
Old 04-06-06, 10:23 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

it seems there's more SC430's in SoCal than NorCal.

I hope my NorCal members chime in (other than VelvetBlue) and let us know if they can make it or not. I hate to drive alone that early Sat. morning.

I had a chat w/ ROMINL today. He's very busy so he'll update this thread very soon.

Since velvetblue (Norcal) already booked for friday night in S.L.O., I don't think ROMINL is gonna cancel this meet.

I believe it's still on. BTW, i'm getting a case (12-bottles) of a red cab, Rutherford or something.
Each SC430 is going to get one bottle. How many meets have you been to that you get a nice bottle of wine? This is going to be a special meet. Looking forward to meet you all.

Last edited by martini3; 04-06-06 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-06-06, 11:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yeah let's use this weekend as a cut off point and see if we can pull this off.

i might be very busy towards the end of april too but i am still doing my best to make it
Old 04-07-06, 07:56 PM
jsl757
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting... 80+20 = 100% in.

Jeff
Old 04-08-06, 07:44 PM
garcia2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in, unless the rain doesn't go away.
Old 04-08-06, 09:25 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

hell yeah! looks like it will be the following from NorCal:

jsl757
garcia2
teeman3
velvetblue

Time for me to start shopping for the 12-bottle case wine.

Jeff and Garcia, do you guys wanna caravan together on early Sat. morning?
Since the both of you are up north and I'm in SJ, I can meet you guys somewhere along highway 101 Near Capitol expressway or something. There's a starbucks just off of highway 101 and capitol Expressway. then, we can roll out together. Oh, if you have walkie talkies, bring it along.

I have an extra one. this will become very helpful when caravaning together.
Old 04-08-06, 09:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yup seems like the meet is on. i will gather final info tomorrow and monday and post up

now it's time to ask. everyone please tell me him many people (including yourself) will come? i need a headcount coz' we need to reserve for dinner

again, the dinner will be a bit upscale (hopefully good food too!), is that ok with everyone?
Old 04-08-06, 09:59 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

just me, myself and I. any price for a great dinner is worth spending the dough.
As long it's not so small of a proportion on the plate that costs like $80 bucks and I end up broke at the end of the night.
Old 04-08-06, 10:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

haha yeah, i eat a lot too so portion is important to me

guess more homework for me to do this weekend!
Old 04-09-06, 10:22 PM
jsl757
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teeman3
Jeff and Garcia, do you guys wanna caravan together on early Sat. morning?
Since the both of you are up north and I'm in SJ, I can meet you guys somewhere along highway 101 Near Capitol expressway or something. There's a starbucks just off of highway 101 and capitol Expressway. then, we can roll out together. Oh, if you have walkie talkies, bring it along.

I have an extra one. this will become very helpful when caravaning together.

I'm down for meeting early on Saturday morning, I'm in Foster City if Garcia wants to meet up first before meeting you Teeman. Just let me know guys.

Jeff
Old 04-10-06, 01:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

tomorrow (monday) i will post up hotel and dinner information so we can all plan for it. i *think* i got numbers from all people who signed up, i will update teh first post tomorrow as well. seems like we are in the go for launch sequence now

SLO and morro bay is mostly sunny for the whole year. last time i read their sites they said something like 20 days of rain per year. so let's pray. make sure you bring all your cameras, memories, and camcorder

i am still not sure if i would stay there on friday or not yet, but pretty sure we will leave after dinner on sat.

check back soon
Old 04-11-06, 12:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Thank you to help from mark (GSXOTIC), he did some research on the hotel locations at SLO for 4/28. Here is a clip from his email. Hope this is helpful in choosing a stay for you:

---------------
Based on the populated schedule you post, here is what i think for the hotel. Most of the hotels are located on the north of Madonna Inn, and north of Santa Rosa St. If we want to stay there, we will have to drive back and forth (south to madonna inn - about 3 miles from Apple Farm Inn, then 2 miles north again to Santa Rosa St. on to Morro Bay). So if we are gathering the crew for breakfast at Madonna Inn, the two hotels that make sense will be the Ebassy Suites Hotel and Best Western Royal Oak (both are relatively close to Madonna Inn) As of now, Best Western is offering at
$119 no AAA discount and Ebassy Suites is $179 w/o AAA and probably $10 to 15 bucks off with AAA (but depending on the occupancy at the time of reservation). The best review I have found so far is the Apple Farm Inn and it is $219 per night. Not cheap but it looks pretty good to me.

Here are the inforamtion for you:

Ebassy Suites Hotel
805-549-0800

Best Western Royal Oak
805-544-4410

Apple Farm Inn
805-544-2040

---------------
Old 04-11-06, 12:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Some of you plan on staying another night at Morro Bay on 4/29. There are tons of choices over there, and prices seem to be around $100 a night as well. Here's a list of hotels I found. I clicked on couple of them and prices are pretty consistent:

http://www.morrobay.org/ecm/Lodging/...nd_Motels.html
Old 04-11-06, 12:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Thumbs up Dinner on 4/29

For dinner on 4/29, thanks again to the research done by mark, we have decided on either the Orchid or the Bay Club at the Inn. This is actually a very good location since this is the last spot we take pictures anyway.

Right now we have 9 cars attending, so I am expecting around 15 to 20 people at most. We WILL need to make reservations for dinner (they are basically by reservations only). And since these are a bit up scaled restaurants, we are expecting around $50 to $60 per head.

We do not recommend alcohol since most of us will be driving. If you do, please make sure you have a designated driver. And most likely the cost of alcohol will be on top of the price noted above.

I think I am going to call them up these two days and see if they will be able to give us a room or so, and probably have some sort of set dinner menu. It's probably going to be cheaper and easier for them as well.

Regardless, I will need, once again, replies from all who have signed up.

Please pm or call me and let me know the following:
1) how many person (including yourself) are coming to the meet and will go to dinner. I need exact head count, and I will update my first post
2) Are you or your guest(s) vegetarian
3) Do you prefer seafood or meat (steak, chops, ribs)?

Quick Reply: Official SIgnup!!! All SC430 Meet -- San Luis Obispo -- 4/28 ~ 4/29 -- It's a GO!!!