SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Sc430 new owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-06, 02:29 PM
02Ku
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc430 new owner

I just bought a 2002 sc430 and i got a few questions on where the best place to get parts for it. I have had my eyes on this car for a while and i cant wait to start driving it. First few things im thinking of buying are: a body kit, a set of staggered rims (20 "), a front grill, and tail light covers (like a black tint). If anyone is looking at selling anything they have, i might be interested. if i remember correctly, do 255 fit in front and 285 fit in rear if i get 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 9.5.

In addition, i have read alot about the car, but is there anything i should be worried about or is it like all japanese cars, built extremely well. Thanks
Old 03-25-06, 03:12 PM
PROY
Rookie

Congrats on your new ride, excellent choice
Old 03-25-06, 11:05 PM
02Ku
Driver

Thanks Proy. I assume you just joined the forum as well. Have you learned any good info on the car that might be beneficial to me.
Old 03-25-06, 11:25 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up Topless is a must!!

Congrats on your new toy. The SC430 is sweet pick up. What color did you get?? Yeah these things are bulletproof but hey aren't all Lexi. Mine is new to me also and no problems and plenty of fun. Good Luck and Enjoy
Old 03-26-06, 12:24 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Ku
I just bought a 2002 sc430 and i got a few questions on where the best place to get parts for it. I have had my eyes on this car for a while and i cant wait to start driving it. First few things im thinking of buying are: a body kit, a set of staggered rims (20 "), a front grill, and tail light covers (like a black tint). If anyone is looking at selling anything they have, i might be interested. if i remember correctly, do 255 fit in front and 285 fit in rear if i get 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 9.5.

In addition, i have read alot about the car, but is there anything i should be worried about or is it like all japanese cars, built extremely well. Thanks
Congrats on the SC430. Most of your questions can be answered by reading the FAQ at the top of this forum. Most parts can be ordered from Carson Toyota one of the vendors here at ClubLexus. Check the vendors forum for more info or go to http://www.l-tunedparts.com/index.php

Hope that helps!
Old 03-26-06, 12:34 AM
93 LS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great choice, I came close to buying one myself....

Good luck..
Old 03-26-06, 08:08 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Congratulations & welcome to the forum
Old 03-26-06, 08:33 AM
PROY
Rookie

Like 2SAVVY said check the FAQ you'll find helpful info there. navigation override is a quick easy one you'll like. I bought my 2002 in 2004. I went with 20X9 and 20X10, 245f, 275r on the great advise of ROMINL it works for me. I'll post pics soon(I did something I think the forum would like).
Old 03-26-06, 09:24 AM
02Ku
Driver

Thanks guys, ur help is extremely appreciated. Unfortunatly i still cannot drive the car until friday when i pick it up. The car is forest black, with the saddle interior. i will start reading more of the Faqs at the top of the forum. once again, thanks for all the info.
Old 03-27-06, 01:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

congrats and welcome to the club as well.

www.l-tunedparts.com is definitely a big stop. for wheels, we have tons of wheels contacts here as well so you are all covered. starting with faq is definitely the way to go, and imho, just read more and look at more pics to get your horizon up first, then once you are more into certain stuff i am sure we can give more guidance if you can't find them

and good luck on picking up the car!
Old 03-27-06, 06:19 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go with 245's up front since I am having some small problems with my 255's, 285's fit fine in the rear.
Old 03-27-06, 07:54 AM
02Ku
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
congrats and welcome to the club as well.

www.l-tunedparts.com is definitely a big stop. for wheels, we have tons of wheels contacts here as well so you are all covered. starting with faq is definitely the way to go, and imho, just read more and look at more pics to get your horizon up first, then once you are more into certain stuff i am sure we can give more guidance if you can't find them

and good luck on picking up the car!

The first thing on my list are to get some rims. i have been looking on internet sites but the prices are just to high for my budget (at least for the rims thats i like). Who are the wheel contacts that i can get a hold of. thanks again guys. by the way, the faq post has a ton of information that i wish i checked b4 getting the car. hopefully i can still get the delearship to check everything.
Old 03-27-06, 08:00 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first thing on my list are to get some rims. i have been looking on internet sites but the prices are just to high for my budget (at least for the rims thats i like). Who are the wheel contacts that i can get a hold of. thanks again guys. by the way, the faq post has a ton of information that i wish i checked b4 getting the car. hopefully i can still get the delearship to check everything.

the sponsor on this site is d2 autosport. a good set of rims is going to run you 3-4k I would seriously just wait and keep an eye out on the classified forum and you can pick up a nice set for around 2k
Old 03-27-06, 09:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
I would go with 245's up front since I am having some small problems with my 255's, 285's fit fine in the rear.
just to clarify, rubbing mostly is due to having 20s and lowering, the tires will have some effect but not that much (between 255 and 245). for example, people know how much i lower my car, and i have 285 in the back (on 10.5, so it stretched already), but i still very little in the back when i hit big dips n the freeway.

front i rub a bit more, especially in the beginning (the wheel well plastic flap design is funny), but i didn't worry about it. i just let it rub and now i have a hole and it rub a lot less, no biggies anymore. heat gun can fix a bit but not all as tony stated in another thread.

same case for a lot of 2gs as well, with 20s and lowering, you rub the top of the wheel well. after a while, there is a hole and you are a happy man
Old 03-27-06, 09:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yup, d2autoport can bring in a lot of wheels. and also l-tunedparts.com. they are good. what's your budget? the old saying "you gotta pay to play" applies imho. i think a good set of wheels (20s) will run for around mid 3k to 4ks, so that's a ball park for you

Quick Reply: Sc430 new owner