SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Aftermarket pedal pads

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-06, 09:01 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Thank you very much Lou. Coincidentally, I just got an Email from them, answering all my questions (to my satisfaction). Basically they don't have a lip to envelope the metal portion of the pedals, but they oversize them 1/8" all around so it doesn't show; that's good enough for me. And I never doubted they'd look cheap; my doubts were with the Ebay ones, but I would never buy something 'universal' for my car anyway.
I'll pass on the 'foot rest' since I have clear mats that cover it anyway, plus our car doesn't really have a dead pedal; it's just part of the carpeting, and I'd have to drill the floor to attach it . And it'd just look weird IMO; it'd look great on a proper dead peal, however.
Thanks again for your endorsement Lou. Now I have to decide between frost or regular, but they'll be 'no slip' and without rubber nubs. Do you know how they achieve the frost look? Is it just less polished, or a coating of some sort? Just curious. Don't want it coming off over time. Take care.
Old 08-04-06, 10:13 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Thank you very much Lou. Coincidentally, I just got an Email from them, answering all my questions (to my satisfaction). Basically they don't have a lip to envelope the metal portion of the pedals, but they oversize them 1/8" all around so it doesn't show; that's good enough for me. And I never doubted they'd look cheap; my doubts were with the Ebay ones, but I would never buy something 'universal' for my car anyway.
I'll pass on the 'foot rest' since I have clear mats that cover it anyway, plus our car doesn't really have a dead pedal; it's just part of the carpeting, and I'd have to drill the floor to attach it . And it'd just look weird IMO; it'd look great on a proper dead peal, however.
Thanks again for your endorsement Lou. Now I have to decide between frost or regular, but they'll be 'no slip' and without rubber nubs. Do you know how they achieve the frost look? Is it just less polished, or a coating of some sort? Just curious. Don't want it coming off over time. Take care.
The frosting appears to be a sand basting on the aluminum and it did not wear off. I also had the clear mats and the dead pedal showed through very nicely .
What I did with the dead pedal was to attach it using the 3M double sided tape that is used for attaching trim to cars. It stuck well, never moved and eliminated the need to drill into the floor. This is the same thing that I did on my SL