SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Aftermarket pedal pads

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-06, 10:27 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aftermarket pedal pads

I'm thinking about the aftermarket pedal pads, such as the metal ones for the brake and acceleration pedals.

Does anyone have experience w/ these aftermarket pedal kits?
Do they feel better or anything different than the rubber lined pedals on our cars?

what y'all think? thanks.
Old 04-08-06, 10:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

talk to glen, he has them on his gs4

i am not 100%, but i would guess the sc430 setup is very similar to the gs
Old 04-08-06, 10:46 PM
sc430mike
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested as well in some cool pedals. Good idea!
Old 04-08-06, 10:54 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet! I'll talk to RMMGS4. I've seen a few at WalMart and Pepboys. I'm gonna shop tomorrow.
I think this may give our interior cabin a more sporty look. I just hate looking at thos rubber pedals. Plus, after awhile, with the shoe pressing over a period of time, all that mud and other stuff we rub up against those rubber pedals will stick to it and get old.

I think w/ the metal ones, it will be easier to wipe and clean.
Old 04-09-06, 06:14 AM
bt430
Pole Position

Over on the BMW forums on roadfly there are guys that make them out of billet aluminum you might try looking over there as well.
Old 04-09-06, 03:35 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by teeman3
I'm thinking about the aftermarket pedal pads, such as the metal ones for the brake and acceleration pedals.

Does anyone have experience w/ these aftermarket pedal kits?
Do they feel better or anything different than the rubber lined pedals on our cars?

what y'all think? thanks.
Go to www.ultimatepedals.com, I had them made for my SC430, accelerator, brake, parking brake and foot rest. Even though they do not show them for the SC they will make them. I just had them start to make the footrest for my SL55. Nice product, they look great. and are not at all slippery.
Old 04-09-06, 04:14 PM
bt430
Pole Position

They do look great!
Did you get the the grip inserts?

BT
Old 04-10-06, 07:58 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bt430
They do look great!
Did you get the the grip inserts?

BT
When I got mine for the SC they did not have the rubber grips. The foot rest I am having made for my SL55 are going to have the inserts. I would recommend the inserts since they will be less prone to slipping when wet.

The ones I got were the frosted anti slip and they looked great on the SC
Old 07-18-06, 08:26 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

gosh darn it. those Lexus pedal pad on ebay aren't selling anymore. I checked yesterday and most are for the other models. I know a few here have bought from the ebay person.

do you know if there are any other Lexus pedal pads around?

thanks..teeman3
Old 07-18-06, 10:35 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey Tee,

I think his user name on Ebay is in this link
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=metal+pedals

Ask him as I am sure he can get more
Lee
Old 07-19-06, 10:03 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by lkirchner
Go to www.ultimatepedals.com, I had them made for my SC430, accelerator, brake, parking brake and foot rest. Even though they do not show them for the SC they will make them.
Hey Lou, would you mind snapping a pic for us to see?? And may I ask you a few more questions?

-How much did you pay for them?
-Any 'gotchas' with the installation?
-What options did you choose for the flange on the footrest and the heel extension (if any) for the gas pedal? I feel my gas pedal is too high, but need to scrutinize it for proper clearance at full throttle if it was made lower.
-What finish did you use? Shiny or frosted anti-slip? In addition, I'd imagine that the anti-slip finish is enough to prevent slipping, no? Or why do you want to add rubber inserts to your SL55? I much prefer the cleaner look of the anti-slip metal, but might have to reevaluate that depending on your answer. I never purposely drive in the rain on this car though, and only been caught twice in three years.

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-19-06, 01:25 PM
Chekmi21
Lead Lap

I put the Ebay silver pedals in my car.
Looks awesome. Its well worth it.
Unfortunately I don't have pictures because the car is in the shop getting a slight fender bender fixed.
Old 07-19-06, 09:45 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by Chekmi21
I put the Ebay silver pedals in my car.
Looks awesome. Its well worth it.
Unfortunately I don't have pictures because the car is in the shop getting a slight fender bender fixed.
That'd be one more option; choices are good.
Just tried Ebay, and there's nothing at the moment. Would you mind posting more info if you have it, like seller Ebay ID, price, fit, etc.? If you can snap some good pics when you get the car back, it'd be greatly appreciated.
I want the cheapest set, but not a cheap set. I'm a perfectionist, so unless it looks factory, it's not even considered. What I liked about the first place is they supposedly make all 4 pieces (dead pedal, parking brake, gas and brake). How many pieces in the Ebay kit? Thanks.
Old 08-03-06, 12:11 PM
JCtx
Racer

So what happened with the pictures of aftermarket pedals?

If I buy them, they'd be from 'ultimate pedals', since they're custom made. But they haven't answered my question how they're built.
I asked if they were precisely curved so they fit the contour of the back metal.
I also aked if they have a 'lip' the width of the metal portion under the stock covers, so they 'envelope' the metal, and no metal shows up if viewed from the side. Am I making any sense? If you can see the aluminum and metal, it might look a bit tacky, or 'unfinished'.
-My last question was how thick they are.

I guess a good set of pics would answer all my questions. Anybody with these pedals? I don't think the Ebay ones would fit perfectly, but pics of those would be welcome too. Thanks.
Old 08-03-06, 12:45 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Hey Lou, would you mind snapping a pic for us to see?? And may I ask you a few more questions?

-How much did you pay for them?
-Any 'gotchas' with the installation?
-What options did you choose for the flange on the footrest and the heel extension (if any) for the gas pedal? I feel my gas pedal is too high, but need to scrutinize it for proper clearance at full throttle if it was made lower.
-What finish did you use? Shiny or frosted anti-slip? In addition, I'd imagine that the anti-slip finish is enough to prevent slipping, no? Or why do you want to add rubber inserts to your SL55? I much prefer the cleaner look of the anti-slip metal, but might have to reevaluate that depending on your answer. I never purposely drive in the rain on this car though, and only been caught twice in three years.

Thanks for your help.
I don't recall what I paid for them but you can price them on their web site.

They were very easy to install. Line them up mark where you are going to drill and you are on your way.
I did not get the flange or the heel extension on the gas pedal. I bought the frosted. I bought the anti slip rubber footrest to match the factory pedals on the SL55, since they have the rubber buttons.

Once installed there is none of the original pedals showing and trust me they do not look cheap.

Lou

Quick Reply: Aftermarket pedal pads