SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Any Info On The New TEIN Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-06, 04:55 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Info On The New TEIN Coilovers?

Hey guys, I know TEIN CS is discontinued so does any have info on the new coilover which is suppose to replace "CS" version? When is it being released? New features? etc...
Old 04-09-06, 05:27 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Not sure but for your SC430 the Tein Flex coilovers would probably be the best for your ride...Dampening and ride heights are adjustable...
Old 04-09-06, 05:49 PM
sc430mike
Pole Position

I am waiting for the new series and have been told that it will come out later this summer. It might even cost less so that will be good. It is hard to wait! I have springs to lower my ride for now.
Old 04-10-06, 01:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jibbby
Not sure but for your SC430 the Tein Flex coilovers would probably be the best for your ride...Dampening and ride heights are adjustable...
there is no tein flex for the sc430 as far as i know, tein cs was the only option from tein

anyway, the new tein cs will be out this may, but the problem would be when they will have the setup explicity for the sc430. no one knows yet, but we all hope soon
Old 04-10-06, 10:54 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those of us that are suspension illiterate, and correct me if I'm wrong here:

1. The coilovers are the metal arms (or shocks) that are installed vertically behind the rim, right?

2. The springs are coiled in a way that it looks like a slinky when pulled apart, right?

3. The springs fit over the coilovers (or shocks) to complete the install.

4. So there is a difference in the TEIN CS and FLEX versions. What are they?
\

I just wanted to be clear for everyone else that's new to this suspension terminology, like myself.

thanks so much for clarifying. It's a dumb question, I know.
Old 04-10-06, 01:17 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by teeman3
For those of us that are suspension illiterate, and correct me if I'm wrong here:

1. The coilovers are the metal arms (or shocks) that are installed vertically behind the rim, right?

2. The springs are coiled in a way that it looks like a slinky when pulled apart, right?

3. The springs fit over the coilovers (or shocks) to complete the install.

4. So there is a difference in the TEIN CS and FLEX versions. What are they?
\

I just wanted to be clear for everyone else that's new to this suspension terminology, like myself.

thanks so much for clarifying. It's a dumb question, I know.
1-3 is correct,

the answer to #4 is the difference in strength. Tien CS is supose to ride closest to stock IE soft ride. The flex's are alot harsher of a ride, IE the spring rate ans shock is stronger, so you feel more of the road and the car should feel less floaty. So basically for Flex's you sacrafice ride quality for performance
Old 04-10-06, 01:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

not really. the "metal thing" you see behind the wheel, that's the shock. the shock + springs together as a combo, that's coilovers. i don't think shocks and coilovers are the same thing
Old 04-10-06, 01:37 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
not really. the "metal thing" you see behind the wheel, that's the shock. the shock + springs together as a combo, that's coilovers. i don't think shocks and coilovers are the same thing

oops I didnt really read it all. Yea the shock is the long metal tube you see that can compress and depress.

the spring is the slinky thing

the coilover is the metal thing that goes around the shock that has threads to raise and lower the spring.

In the case of the tein I think the coil over is built on the shock housing.

For instance if you buy a set of ground control coil over system it comes with a spindle with threads on it and spring that goes over the stock shock and you can raise this up and down to adjust the spring height
Old 04-10-06, 10:06 PM
hapaj
Rookie

Thumbs up Final Product Release

I have an appointment with Tein in July to be test fitted with the new coil over setup. As soon as I get more info I will let everyone know the name, price, and all of the other specs that I get. I am not even sure when in July they will be here...
Old 04-10-06, 10:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by hapaj
I have an appointment with Tein in July to be test fitted with the new coil over setup. As soon as I get more info I will let everyone know the name, price, and all of the other specs that I get. I am not even sure when in July they will be here...
wow very nice! you are new here, you gotta tell us about your relationship with tein
Old 04-11-06, 07:30 AM
hapaj
Rookie

My good friend Erwin is the GM at brsautodesigns and he is always working on project cars with a variety of manufacturers. The are going to start a new project with them for sema 2006 and he mentioned he wanted to pick up a coil over kit for my sc. The north american president told him to wait until July and he will use my car as the test fitment vehicle.
Old 04-11-06, 09:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

very nice, definitely keep us posted
Old 04-25-06, 03:20 PM
sc430mike
Pole Position

Can someone please check out some coilovers I found on ebay called D2 Racing Coilovers for a SC430 2002? I am looking for some and I cant find Tein CS in stock anywhere and I dont really want to wait for the new ones. If anyone knows where to get some I would appreciate the info.

I wonder if these D2 Racing coilovers would be good? Maybe they are crap, I am not sure. I guess the purple is not too cool.

Thanks, Mike
Old 04-25-06, 06:55 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Sorry Mike I don't know anything about those.

I just received my Tein cs coilovers I ordered back in January. I am now looking for a good shop in Toronto to install them.

I remember a link to some detailed instructions and pictures posted in another thread not to long ago. I think it was Lee or Henry that posted it. I thought I added it to my favorites but I guess I didn't. Can anyone help me find them

Thanks,
Mario
Old 04-25-06, 07:14 PM
sc430mike
Pole Position

http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=1309

Is this it?

Quick Reply: Any Info On The New TEIN Coilovers?