antenna questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-06, 07:28 PM
sc430mike
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TONY-Please help!

Hi Tony,

Sorry to bother but I need your help disconnectng my antenna. Is there a black bolt that is very dificult to unscrew under the rubber piece on the cargo need hanger clip? I found one plug almost near the middle of my trunk but that did not do it.

Is the plug under the antenna itself?? I am stuck for now so hopefully I can get it before tomorrow. Thanks, Mike

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
it cost me $0, but about 30 minutes in taking the panel off, I was in the process of taking it out anyways to run some system wires so it was easy. Reception isnt that good anymore but bareable. I believe it goes like this

take out the tire jack, take out the 3 clips attached to the plastic tire jack holding on the right side. Pop out the right floor panel ( thats where my first aid kit was located).

Unbolt the 10 mm for the hook at the back of the trunk (IE where the spare tire should go)
also take out the clips attached to it from the right side.

Take out the two 10 mm bolts that holds the trunk cover that you pull out so the convertable top can come down.

unscrew the cargo net hanger clip with your hand by turning it.

take out the plastic on the back of the trunk that says lexus on it.

pull out the liner in the back somewhat so you can take off the plastic covering the liner.

Behind there there is 1 plug that sits under the attenna just unplug it. and your done
Old 05-16-06, 06:01 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sc430mike
Hi Tony,

Sorry to bother but I need your help disconnectng my antenna. Is there a black bolt that is very dificult to unscrew under the rubber piece on the cargo need hanger clip? I found one plug almost near the middle of my trunk but that did not do it.

Is the plug under the antenna itself?? I am stuck for now so hopefully I can get it before tomorrow. Thanks, Mike

ooops I forgot about that bolt under the rubber peice, I believe its a T-25 be careful not to strip that bolt. on the right side under the panel there is only 1 plug there near the fender its the closest one near the back. Just unplug it and test it witht he radio before you put things back. Its hard to screw up a car just by unplugging something
Old 05-16-06, 06:29 AM
sc430mike
Pole Position

It is going to be hard for me not to strip that bolt, I may have done that already.

Thanks Tony, I will figure it out today.
Old 05-24-06, 10:45 AM
sc430mike
Pole Position

Thanks Tony! I finally unplugged my antenna thanks to you, and I am happy with the results. It was hard to get in there for me and that bolt was a pain. The reception is about 90% as good as before so its all good for me. No more ugly antenna but still good radio!

I will have to figure out how much to sell the side skirts for and I will let you know once I get them back from my body shop. I will post pics of my ride on Friday.

Thanks again Tony.
Old 09-24-13, 04:12 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
it cost me $0, but about 30 minutes in taking the panel off, I was in the process of taking it out anyways to run some system wires so it was easy. Reception isnt that good anymore but bareable. I believe it goes like this

take out the tire jack, take out the 3 clips attached to the plastic tire jack holding on the right side. Pop out the right floor panel ( thats where my first aid kit was located).

Unbolt the 10 mm for the hook at the back of the trunk (IE where the spare tire should go)
also take out the clips attached to it from the right side.

Take out the two 10 mm bolts that holds the trunk cover that you pull out so the convertable top can come down.

unscrew the cargo net hanger clip with your hand by turning it.

take out the plastic on the back of the trunk that says lexus on it.

pull out the liner in the back somewhat so you can take off the plastic covering the liner.

Behind there there is 1 plug that sits under the attenna just unplug it. and your done
Originally Posted by sc430mike
Thanks Tony! I finally unplugged my antenna thanks to you, and I am happy with the results. It was hard to get in there for me and that bolt was a pain. The reception is about 90% as good as before so its all good for me. No more ugly antenna but still good radio!

I will have to figure out how much to sell the side skirts for and I will let you know once I get them back from my body shop. I will post pics of my ride on Friday.

Thanks again Tony.
Even those it's ancient, I just discovered this thread and have a question. To those that have opted to disconnect the power to the antenna motor to keep it in the "down" position all the time, have you had any problems or noticed any changes other than decreased reception? Do you still get the text support on normal FM operation?

UPDATE: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ml#post8157253

Last edited by ShawnOk; 09-25-13 at 03:06 PM.