SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Enjoying Luxury -- First Ever Annual SC430 Meet (huge pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-06, 06:55 PM
mellowcmb
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up guys!!!

Just wanted to say that Ruby and I had a wonderful time at the meet. It was an incredible experience and one that we will never forget. It was nice meeting everyone in person and finally being able to put a face to the screennames. Thank you again Henry and Mark for your time in doing research and organizing the meet. Thanks to Tee for his memorable giveaways. And thanks to all who came out for the experience. Let me be the first to throw it out there: VEGAS for next year!!! Talk to all of you soon.

Carlo
Old 04-30-06, 07:10 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I am editing all of the pics right now. Will post them up shortly. If someone has specific request let me know but most photos will be posted. If someone would rather not have a pic of themselves posted, let me know as well.
Thanks
Lee
Old 04-30-06, 07:13 PM
liquid2
Pole Position

^ LOL Vegas? That'd put a lot of miles on the scs...and imagine when you're parking it, if you self park people can get jealous and key it( al types of people in vegas) And if you let valet park it...you never know what will happen to it..
Old 04-30-06, 07:56 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
1. Teeman3 - Tee
2. VelvetBlue - Mark
3. mellowcmb - Carlo
4. Pearlpower - Lee
5. jsl757 - Jeff
6. garcia2 - Jeral (spelling?)
7. mmaloy - Mike
8. Dan_K - Dan
9. Rominl - Henry
10. GSXOTIC - Mark
11. DAMLEX - Dwyane
If I'm not mistaken, I think you matched the names with the cars in the first pic. I believe what sc430blue meant is he wants to match the first pic with faces to names
Old 04-30-06, 08:38 PM
mellowcmb
Rookie

Originally Posted by liquid2
^ LOL Vegas? That'd put a lot of miles on the scs...and imagine when you're parking it, if you self park people can get jealous and key it( al types of people in vegas) And if you let valet park it...you never know what will happen to it..
I feel ya......just a thought for now Vegas would be nice though.
Old 04-30-06, 08:51 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
If I'm not mistaken, I think you matched the names with the cars in the first pic. I believe what sc430blue meant is he wants to match the first pic with faces to names
ah~ okay.... then you will need to wait. Pearlpower will post a picture with everyone standing right next to his/her/their car. Also, after spending the entire afternoon to figure out how to upload the video from my DV. The clips are officially sent to Henry (Rominl). I am pretty sure he and Lee will figure out the best way to host and show you guys the clips.

Now, my thought about this meet. I have to say that this was a heck of experience for me. Waking up at 3am in the morning was definitely tough for me, but as soon as i met up with Rominl and DAMLEX near the 101/405 interchange I knew this will be a worth while trip! The drive from LA to SLO couldn't be better. As soon as we hit the Ventura coast line, the fresh smell of the ocean forced me to roll down the window and enjoying the nice California fresh breeze of air~~ (very relaxing).

While waiting for the Nor. Cal. members to arrive I had a chance to meet with each member. As usual, you can't expect anything less from the CL members - bounch of fun, car enthusiastic and most of all - classy people. Of course, we were greet by so many people with wonderful praises (again, expect nothing less when you are driving one of the best luxury hard top in the market).

Cruising to Morro Bay definitely gave me the chill in the back. Not because it was cold (okay, it was, but with the top down, heater and heated seat it wasn't bad at all) but because i read the lip from a passenger who pass us - "oh my god". You get the story.....

Anyways, I am not sure how many people will be reading this but I think I should leave it here and let the videos and pictures speak for themselves. Lastly, I would like to thank everyone for supporting this event by coming out and enjoy the day. Teeman, thank you very much for the fine Wine. Henry, thank you for putting everything together! It was my pleasure to meet with all you guys!!!!!!!

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 04-30-06 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-30-06, 09:46 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those who missed out and couldn't make, bummer. But I will talk to ROMINL/GSXOTIC and start planning next year's 2nd Annual "All SC430 Meet". This will give you another chance to attend. It will be better than the first one. Since this is the 1st Annual event, there's really nothing to say bad about it cause it was awesome.

There were more WALD kits in this group w/ the excemption of a few w/ Exclusive, Auto Coutre and LX-mode kits. Most of these cars sported the Bliz Exhaust which looked really good from the the back. Big round pipes. Many have dropped 1" but no more than 2" on suspension. Most have swapped out the pre-'06 rear lights w/ the new '06 ones.
At night, they look like Knight Rider screening horizontally across the back. Very distinct and stealthy.

ANAYSIS BREAKDOWN
===================
mmaloy tail pipes sounds like a 747 taking off on a runway. Just sickening.
jsl757 and ROMINL have similar rims w/ very deep lip action wrapped w/ WALD. ROMINL is the "King of Rims/Wheels".
DAN_K is just a JDM freak and fanatic. All JDM badging (soarer/griffin) WALD, black and sitting on 20 thick chromes.
pearlpower is a gentleman and a scholar. His mods are perfectly executed and the results yield an orchestra of performance tuned instruments.
damlex is just straight pimpin w/ those unique 20's Lowenharts. Black on Black w/ a lion-faced center cap. I hope you get a nice kit and drop that bad boy. Holla at your boy, pimpin.
GSXOTIC's rims are the Amistadt multi-spoke which complements the white color wrapped arond WALD. A very classy and tasteful distinguished look.
velvetblue is just a truly dedicated Lex guru. The '06 up close has the new headlight design and new front grill and foglight w/ the chrome trim. Very nice.
mellowcmb sporting the Kranze provided a deep dish look for the SC wrapped around WALD (or the AutoCoutre) Another VIP look w/ class and solid stance.
garcia2 has the iforged Daytonas (brushed alumunium or polished) w/ the WALD presented a sporty stance.
Yours Truly - wrapped in WALD w/ chrome 18's TRD. Just simple and clean.

FINAL ANALYSIS (Recommendations)
=============================
1. Rims/Tires/Brake Kits - Going w/ aftermarket is a must to provide a makeover look for the car. Preferably staggered 19's/20's (Phat Set-Up) wrapped w/ Non-Run Flats. BBK kits and either Brembo kits (or similar manufacturer) will provide a sporty look to complement the rim/wheel application. Or color-painted factory calipers will create the same look alternative.
2. Body Kit - This will provide a perimeter line for the car to compensate the overall appearance when viewed from a distance. Any brand is fine as long as it covers and fills the empty gap from the bottom.
3. Suspension - Dropping anywhere between 1" and 2" will provide a better ride/handling and an agressive stance for the entire car's appearance.
4. Engine/Performance - Cold Air Intake + exhausts will increase performance and sound effectiveness. Others inlude headers, turbocharger, SRT/ECU and others.
5. Interior/Exterior Accessories and Asthetics - JDM Badging (Soarer/Griffin), sound system, brake/acceleration pedal pads and whatever else you can think of.

For you newbie SC430's, this is your guide to "Let The Games Begin" (In no particular order of your choice). Good Luck and be unique in your own way, cause no one here will judge you differently if you choose another route to go.

Last edited by martini3; 04-30-06 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-30-06, 09:58 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Tee,

You are a class act all the way brother. Lynette says hello.

Everyone, the pics below are in 1280 resolution and cropped down so some quality is lost. If you would like the original 1728 and/or 2544 resolution pics, PM me with your email. If you would like a cd with ALL of the hi res pics and possible movie , send me your address and I will ship one to you at no cost.

BTW, can someone scan the menu and post?

Here are the pics.

Posing at the Madonna Inn. We sure did receive alot of attention here.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 04-30-06 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-30-06, 10:46 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Here is Dan.

Dwayne just enjoying the cruise

A group pic

Here is Henry and his great wife Mimi

Here is Pearlpower(ME) and Lynette

Last edited by Pearlpower; 04-30-06 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-30-06, 10:53 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Mark in action.

And you thought this pic would not make it on here.

Here is Tee in action.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 04-30-06 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-30-06, 11:00 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Last edited by Pearlpower; 04-30-06 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-30-06, 11:04 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

A nice shot here.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 04-30-06 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-30-06, 11:06 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Last edited by Pearlpower; 04-30-06 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-30-06, 11:09 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

The ladies.

The MEN!

Last edited by Pearlpower; 04-30-06 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-30-06, 11:11 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

We ended the day at the Morro Bay Inn.

Dwayne (damlex), Tee (Teeman), and Henry (RominL)

Henry (Rominl) and Mimi at dinner.

Mike (mmaloy) and Lisa at dinner

Carlo (mellowcmb) and Ruby at dinner

Last edited by Pearlpower; 05-01-06 at 12:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Enjoying Luxury -- First Ever Annual SC430 Meet (huge pics)