SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Enjoying Luxury -- First Ever Annual SC430 Meet (huge pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-06, 11:53 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Enjoying Luxury -- First Ever Annual SC430 Meet (huge pics)

Well, I finally got home in one piece. I just learned something tonight on the way home. Somewhere in the darkness, as I entered the town of Coalinga on a two lane freeway averaging 80mph in a 70 zone. Suddenly, the speed limit changes to 65mph. I slow down and creep up on what appears to be a Grand Marquis with the letters that indicated "HIGHWAY PATROL" across the bottom edge of the trunk. It was me vs. CHP, mono "e" mono, no other cars around.
CHP is in slow lane. I decrease from 80 down to about 70-75 in the second lane. He was slowing down to 70 and I maintained my position until I got side by side w/ him at 72, 73, 74 and just as I almost pass him at 75....I hear a loud voice over the bullhorn of his vehicle.
Speed limit is now at 65! Why are you passing me?

For sure, I thought he was gonna nail me. So I slowed downed to 60-65 and he exited at the next exit. Whew! That was close! Never pass a CHP unless there's other cars around passing him as well.

And now to the aftermath of the incredible SC430 meet.

As I lead the Norcal convoy down to S.L.O. on Sat. morning, there were already 8 SC430's waiting for us. They were from the SoCal convoy. The restaurant parking lot was huge and we proceeded to park in a slanted single formation. There were 11 SC430's ranging from '02-'06 models. There was only one '06. The colors were white, silver, black, red and blue.

We all sat in our cars and on cue, press the convertible release button at the same time.
This was really cool to watch. More pics were in order during this time at the parking lot overlooking the Central coast mountains w/ lingering fog over the peaks. The sun did not shine that day, but there was plenty of brightness to take clear pics.

After a few hours and pics and introductions and seeing each other's cars, we proceeded to drive (w/ all our tops down) a few miles to the coast of highway 1 into Morro Bay Park, parked our cars and hiked up a small hill to oversee the entire bay. More pics were taken. After that, there was a nice and short cruise into town. From there, we parked and strolled to a local watering hole where we shared some interesting war stories and played some snookers. A few others ventured into the shopping area. Others drove a few miles down to S.L.O and did some shopping. We drank, ate, hiked and walked which led to some members enjoying a nap afterwards.

Later in the day, we met back at Morro Bay and had dinner. The dinner menu was a special selected menu with 3 choices of appetizers and 3 choices of entrees. The title of the menu was "WELCOME CLUBLEXUS". We ate some more and drank some more. End of story.

I would like to thank each and one of you who attended ths meet today. Big props to ROMINL and GSXOTIC for the research ahead of time to make this a smooth operation.

Don't worry, the pics are coming. They'll need a few days to recover from this meet
Old 04-30-06, 12:06 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Good to hear you made it back ok and without a ticket.

Lynette and I had a blast and thanks to Henry, Mark, and Gene for making it happen.
It was great to put a face to the screen names and it was nice to meet the each of you.
Boy did we turn some heads cruising with 11 SC430's on the road not to mention the lineup at the Madonna Inn where people inside were at the windows checking out the cars.

Lee

Wait till you see the video of the synchronized SC430 top show that Mike and Mark took. Very sweet.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 07-18-06 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-30-06, 02:41 AM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

wow........... darn nice
I feel very excited to see more pics from you guys.
Old 04-30-06, 07:15 AM
sc430mike
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! I am sorry I missed this event but I am sure glad to see you all made it there safe and had a good time. The pics are incredible! Great job!!!
Old 04-30-06, 07:54 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Wow, those pics look spectacular, looks like you guys had a great time, wisn I could be there, I haven't even clicked that previous thread on the meet LOL. Can I have some high res pics please
Old 04-30-06, 08:43 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ..

Wow! Looks like you guys had a great turnout...spectacular pics! Thanks for sharing
Old 04-30-06, 09:42 AM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

great pics
Old 04-30-06, 10:04 AM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello all,

I had a great time and it was great to meet all of you. I am sorry that I had to get back a bit early, it was totally unexpected. Can you believe that the first thing that happens when I get to my destination is CURB RASH ARRGH!!!!! I guess that's what I get for leaving early. Oh, I did not get back in the same manner as I got to SLO for the same reason Teeman almost ran into. Thanks again and I hope to see you all again soon.

Dan

PS - Believe it or not, as of 10:25 am Sunday, I still haven't slept a wink. Long story, I'll explain later.

Last edited by Dan_K; 04-30-06 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-30-06, 03:18 PM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

Missed this event- my car was only 2 days old and I haven't even read the manual. You guys must have a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Old 04-30-06, 04:22 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ok I DEFINITELY ain't missing the next one!
Old 04-30-06, 05:18 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Wow Just spectacular!!!

Now how about a who's who in the pictures? I think I recognise Mark and Teeman.

I would also like some high res pics of the cars in groups. I want to print them for my photo wall in my garage!
Old 04-30-06, 05:27 PM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some pics here

Great event and I enloyed meeting everyone. I've posted a few of my pics here and I'll add some more later.

My meet Pics
Old 04-30-06, 05:29 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Just went to best buy and got some accessories to upload video from my Sony DV.... stay tuned... (I will also put up my thought about the meet.... ) thanks for all the participants.
Old 04-30-06, 05:32 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Post names from left to right of the first pic. I'd love to put the names and faces together.

Weny
Old 04-30-06, 06:15 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sc430blue
Post names from left to right of the first pic. I'd love to put the names and faces together.

Weny
1. Teeman3 - Tee
2. VelvetBlue - Mark
3. mellowcmb - Carlo
4. Pearlpower - Lee
5. jsl757 - Jeff
6. garcia2 - Jeral (spelling?)
7. mmaloy - Mike
8. Dan_K - Dan
9. Rominl - Henry
10. GSXOTIC - Mark
11. DAMLEX - Dwyane

Quick Reply: Enjoying Luxury -- First Ever Annual SC430 Meet (huge pics)