Old 01-12-12, 04:49 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Great thanks.
Old 01-12-12, 05:56 PM
mydakrri
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried it 6 times it does not work on a 2007. I'll take it to the dealership. I took it to the Lexus dealership today...$67.00 to program my new key. All is good.

Last edited by mydakrri; 01-14-12 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Ad more text
Old 07-20-12, 05:51 PM
AdamGarcia
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does ANYONE know what the security light triple blink is? I've tried this like 30 times and have waited up to 10 minutes for programming and nothing. I have noticed that sometimes I get the standard one security light blinking and other times I get a double blink with a short pause followed by a single blink then a long pause then a double blink again. Does anyone know what this actually means, I'd rather someone's true knowledge than assumptions.
Old 07-21-12, 05:35 PM
darnot10
Driver

Originally Posted by AdamGarcia
Does ANYONE know what the security light triple blink is? I've tried this like 30 times and have waited up to 10 minutes for programming and nothing. I have noticed that sometimes I get the standard one security light blinking and other times I get a double blink with a short pause followed by a single blink then a long pause then a double blink again. Does anyone know what this actually means, I'd rather someone's true knowledge than assumptions.
Hi Adam
Where in Texas are you located? I might be able to help you as I recently went through the programming steps. Just let me know.
Old 07-21-12, 09:28 PM
AdamGarcia
Driver School Candidate

Hey, Im located in Houston, TX. Thanks for the response.
Old 07-25-12, 06:11 PM
Elegal
Driver School Candidate

Antigeek

I bought new shells off ebay and took them to LeDuff Locksmith in Cedar Hill off Hwy 67 (take the Beltline Exit). They had trouble with my shells, but made it good with some of their own. Said the ebay shells were too long...they will cut for $29.95 or make a whole new key (their shells) for $69.95.

2006 SC430
1990 LS400 (best car ever made--RIP)
Old 09-26-12, 02:09 PM
Tensi
Intermediate

I am getting confused here. If I buy a whole new key(including the inside stuff) off ebay.. that is UNCUT.. I can just get it cut and program it myself?
Old 09-26-12, 04:12 PM
Scarletti
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tensi
I am getting confused here. If I buy a whole new key(including the inside stuff) off ebay.. that is UNCUT.. I can just get it cut and program it myself?
You're buying a plastic shell (with no insides) that includes a metal blank key.

Once you have that you move the insides from the old key to the new & get the metal blank cut to match your old key too.
Old 09-26-12, 04:36 PM
Tensi
Intermediate

Thanks Scarletti. I was wondering if buying a key with the insides already present could be programmed to my car. Guess not.
Old 09-26-12, 05:32 PM
Scarletti
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Scarletti. I was wondering if buying a key with the insides already present could be programmed to my car. Guess not.
Key Programming can be done by Dealers for sure... to replace lost keys.

This thread is more about replacing damaged keys at a fraction of the price of a key from a Dealer.
Old 09-28-12, 10:10 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

Yes, the control module in the car can be configured to accept new transmitters. There is a thread or two about that on this forum that you can follow if you already have one fob configured for use in your car. Otherwise, you'll probably have to take it to the dealer.
Old 09-28-12, 12:28 PM
Tensi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Harold57
Yes, the control module in the car can be configured to accept new transmitters. There is a thread or two about that on this forum that you can follow if you already have one fob configured for use in your car. Otherwise, you'll probably have to take it to the dealer.
Ahh! Thank you Harold57. I think I got the answer I wanted. I have two keys that work perfectly, but was just curious about buying an uncut key with the brain/inner key electronics that belonged to another car.. if I could do the procedure found on the forum to make that key work for my car.
Old 11-13-12, 10:39 AM
sdfaith
Driver School Candidate

Default Transponder Keys made in Boston area

There is a place called Advanced Lock and Key in Brockton who will cut $25) and program your key $50). Good work! They were able to cut and program my sidewinder/laser/transponder key from Xbay (seller 100% guarantees their keys will work, and it did). Took about 20 minutes.

Took me awhile to find a place that would do it for this price and without hassle, so just thought I'd let you guys know. PM me if you want the Xbay seller that sold me the transponder key ($79).
Old 11-13-12, 07:51 PM
FLYCT

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I am not sure that buying an aftermarket key via ebay is cost effective.

You can purchase a original Lexus transponder key precut to your car from Sewel Lexus rather inexpensively. Then just try to program it yourself using instructions posted here or if unsuccessful take it to your Lexus dealer and they will program it for about $60.

Sewell Lexus prices with Club Lexus discount today is as follows. These need to be programed
$47.87 for a transponder key without the remote precut
$188.96 for a complete remote master key, precut.

Does not need to be programed;
$70.97 for a precut shell key where you use your old key existing guts.

JR
Old 11-14-12, 05:16 PM
FlopTop04
Advanced

Received 217 Likes on 105 Posts

While the savings are minimal, there are ways to save a few bucks.

You can get a brand new, uncut master key with brand new internals, off EBay for $70. Just need to find a local locksmith to cut it. Then program it yourself.

I got two master key shells off EBay, cut for my locks, for $37. Transferred working internals from a broken key. Purchased a used but functional master key off EBay for $47, transferred the internals to the other new shell and programmed it to the car.

The only draw back is the quality of the non-Lexus shells. They seem to break by the screw often.

Quick Reply: Successful SC430 Key Programming