SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Tein CS Discontinued : Anyone know if New Tein Coilovers are out for SC430 yet ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-06, 09:03 PM
sc430mike
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im looking to buy a set of Tein CS. Anyone know of a place where I can get some? I wonder if it would be better to wait?

I ordered a Wald Kit and a Blitz Exhaust, my car is blue. I cant wait! I will have to stick with my Brabus wheels for now though. I will be sure to post pics when I am done.

Laters, Mike
Old 03-25-06, 05:10 AM
camillian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rsa supra
Hmmmmm... mine just came in. Have to pick them up next week.
rsasupra, did you get yours from Todd at TM engineering also?
Old 03-27-06, 01:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by sc430mike
Im looking to buy a set of Tein CS. Anyone know of a place where I can get some? I wonder if it would be better to wait?

I ordered a Wald Kit and a Blitz Exhaust, my car is blue. I cant wait! I will have to stick with my Brabus wheels for now though. I will be sure to post pics when I am done.

Laters, Mike
well doesn't seem like there will be more tein cs anyway, might as well wait to see the new one?
Old 03-27-06, 08:02 AM
rsa supra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by camillian
rsasupra, did you get yours from Todd at TM engineering also?
I picked up sways from Todd, but got the CS's from www.mvpmotorsports.com
Old 04-06-06, 06:12 AM
camillian
Lead Lap

Has anyone heard anything more about the last shipment of tein cs that was suppose to arrive at about this time? I sent Todd at TM an email but nothing yet.

What about you Richard?

Anyone?

Hello
Old 04-06-06, 11:58 AM
rsa supra
Pole Position

Smile

Just picked up the car from my mechanic's (Car Aid 714-547-8759 for any locals) and first impressions (with the CS's and Daizen/TME sways) are good. I left them as they were right out of the box 0.6" drop in the front and 1.2or3" int he rear. Looks good, but definitely needs some wider wheels in back even more now.

I drove straight back to my office (only 3-4 miles 1/2 freeway) but so far, I took the right turn off of the exit at speed and the car did great, very stable and very little body roll. I went over a couple of bumps and the ride seemed much improved. The front of the car took speedbumps much better, not more hitting the bumpstops. The back hopped a little, but I was going over them a little faster than I ever would've dared in the past.

The only thing left to do is eventually get rid of the runflats and of course to have Mom drive it and see if she can appreciate the improvements.

Thanks again to Todd at TM Engineering for the sways and reccomendation on the CS's.
Dusty at www.mvpmotorsports.com for the CS's and George and Mo and the rest of the guys at Car Aid.

And sorry to those of you who can't get your hands on them right now.

I'll post pics soon for those interested.
Old 04-06-06, 07:06 PM
rsa supra
Pole Position

I drove the car some more and had it push quite a bit on and an onramp. It was quite a suprise. I stopped by my mechanic's and we threw it up on the lift and changed the sway bars from the middle to the stiffest setting. We'll see how it responds.

Here are some pics:

Before:

After:

Definitely needs more meat in the back.

More pics here.
Old 04-10-06, 10:21 PM
hapaj
Rookie

Default Tein Test Fit in July

have an appointment with Tein in July to be test fitted with the new coil over setup. As soon as I get more info I will let everyone know the name, price, and all of the other specs that I get. I am not even sure when in July they will be here...
Old 05-16-06, 11:40 PM
SSK0771
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone know if New Tein Coilovers are out for SC430 yet?

I was wondering if anyone knows if the new coilovers for Tein is out yet?

I know that Tein discountinued CS Coilover and they were suppose to come out with new model/lineup.

If you, where can I get them?

Thanks
Old 05-17-06, 02:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by SSK0771
I was wondering if anyone knows if the new coilovers for Tein is out yet?

I know that Tein discountinued CS Coilover and they were suppose to come out with new model/lineup.

If you, where can I get them?

Thanks
no words yet, not that i heard of. someone here is supposed to be the test car for the new tein cs.

for sure i think they are going to get the tein cs ready for the 3gs and 2is first, which makes a lot of sense considering the open market. so unless we see them for those cars, not sure if we will see it for the sc430
Old 05-17-06, 05:56 AM
camillian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
no words yet, not that i heard of. someone here is supposed to be the test car for the new tein cs.

for sure i think they are going to get the tein cs ready for the 3gs and 2is first, which makes a lot of sense considering the open market. so unless we see them for those cars, not sure if we will see it for the sc430
Thank god I got one of the last cs set a few weeks ago
Old 05-17-06, 06:13 AM
sc430mike
Pole Position

You lucky, thanks for rubbing it in! Just kidding.

Old 05-17-06, 07:28 AM
rsa supra
Pole Position

Same here.
Old 05-17-06, 08:51 AM
sc430mike
Pole Position

What will us guys do if they dont come out this summer?

I have been searching for some Tein CS for a while now and I am a little worried I wont get any. I dont see any great alternatives yet so I am really hoping the new series will arrive by July or so. If anyone knows where one last set is please hit me up. Some companies claim they can special order a set in 8 weeks but I am hesitant to believe that if they are discontinued.

Thanks.
Old 05-17-06, 10:37 AM
hapaj
Rookie

Just got off of the phone with Tein right now and they are going to get back to me by today or tommorrow for an exact date the install will take place. There is actually two new pieces coming out. One is from Tein themselves, which is the new CS coilover system and the other is a Carbing piece(another brand name they manufacter) which is going to be an upper strut tie bar and/or radiator cooling plate, under panel, or lower bar. Not sure yet which one but I will let everyone know all of the info I get as it comes in.

Quick Reply: Tein CS Discontinued : Anyone know if New Tein Coilovers are out for SC430 yet ?