post pics of WALD kit on black SC

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-06, 08:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by hipendicul
Genearch and Dan K.... Wow, now those are some nice SC's and thats exactly why I just had to get a SC..

Genearch: So what were you getting done at Luxury Motorsports? I sure wish Steve would get back to me on when they are going to get some LuxLinks in. And I love that Tom's roof spoiler. I was wondering what it would look like on a black SC.

Ken 02 SC430
99 R6
he was there to take off all parts and put on my car. that's why my car was in background
Old 06-26-06, 09:40 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FastHYE
Im looking for a poly-urethene kit. all I find is this FRP and I only trust urethen.
I had a similar mentality as you about urethane as well. However I have an Auto Couture Full Bumper replacement and recently I had a blow out on one of my rear bridgestone potenza's. Thanksfully there was no damage and even more thankfully there was no damage to my HRE's!!! But the tow truck company ripped my bumper by tieing it wrong to the axle or somethign like that...

Anyways the fix was very easy to say the least (tow company paid for it) and that is the most strong benefit of fiberglass. It is infiintely repairable and the fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) stuff isn't that bad especially when its coming from a reputable company such as Auto Couture or another known manufactorer.

Something to keep in mind as urethane is defintely not as easy to repair if you get in an accident.

Steve
Old 06-27-06, 08:50 AM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Joining the WALD Group!!

I just ordered my Wald Kit from Carson-Toyota on the group buy. In stock with CL discount... I could not resist. (I like the Tom's stuff but it takes a long time to get.) Shipped direct to my local Paint and Body Shop for paint. Hope to install it next week. Pics to follow.

Last edited by Radical350; 06-27-06 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-27-06, 09:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

very nice!!! wald rules, mwahhahahah
Old 06-27-06, 10:33 AM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
he was there to take off all parts and put on my car. that's why my car was in background

Drool...... So what did you end up taking? Man, I wish I could have those wheels, the Wald Kit, the Toms spoiler...etc. Oh and did I mention, I wish they would sell me a LuxLink?

Sigh.... I thought it was hard getting parts for the Mcoupe.. (they sold only around 3000 of them, total) but for some reason, there is almost zero aftermarket support for this car. I can't even get aftermarket shocks or coil overs for this car. But they make 5 or 6 different style of springs.. Go figure....

Ken 02 SC430
99 R6
Old 06-27-06, 12:15 PM
StunnaSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the auto couture add on fornt and rear kit, Im happy with the quality and the flex it has, I cant wait till its on my car!
Old 06-27-06, 07:57 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHYE
I just got the auto couture add on fornt and rear kit, Im happy with the quality and the flex it has, I cant wait till its on my car!
Wow nice, Auto Couture is also a clean setup. Can't wait to see photos of the completed project.
Old 06-27-06, 09:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by hipendicul
Drool...... So what did you end up taking? Man, I wish I could have those wheels, the Wald Kit, the Toms spoiler...etc. Oh and did I mention, I wish they would sell me a LuxLink?

Sigh.... I thought it was hard getting parts for the Mcoupe.. (they sold only around 3000 of them, total) but for some reason, there is almost zero aftermarket support for this car. I can't even get aftermarket shocks or coil overs for this car. But they make 5 or 6 different style of springs.. Go figure....

Ken 02 SC430
99 R6
i got almost everything. the tein cs, the wald kits, the toms roof spoiler, the dizen sways, luxlink

it was a sweet deal from gene, plus seeing him in person was a pure pleasure as well.

just not the shop itself
Old 06-29-06, 01:34 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

wow I see henry in the window

Yes Gene's car was dumped pretty good, but that's how it should be!

Hi Dan
Old 06-29-06, 09:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by DoubleWhoosh
wow I see henry in the window

Yes Gene's car was dumped pretty good, but that's how it should be!

Hi Dan
yeah, last time i was there too

yeah i wish i could dump my car like gene's, but todd, you KNOW how much i rubbed in the front already at my ride height!
Old 06-29-06, 10:49 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the count of the number of sc owners with wald kit? Anyone else have a kit besides wald?
Old 06-29-06, 10:53 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah, last time i was there too

yeah i wish i could dump my car like gene's, but todd, you KNOW how much i rubbed in the front already at my ride height!
Dan's car seems ok
Old 06-30-06, 12:09 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The nice thing of black cars with body kits which goes here as well is that the gap between the kit and OEM panels is not so noticeable as in other colors. Wald kits seem to have plenty of body gaps . One of the reasons I put off this kit along with the lowered bumper.
Old 06-30-06, 12:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Dan's car seems ok
umm..... true, he has 20s too..... come to think about it, he doesn't have rubbing problems? i would love to drop the car a bit more

Originally Posted by LexAristo
Whats the count of the number of sc owners with wald kit? Anyone else have a kit besides wald?
the other way, how many of us don't have wald. i think there are couple (maybe 2?) with exclusive, and i know one with the full AC kits. who else?
Old 07-02-06, 05:49 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dan's car seems ok
LOL. Yeah, thank to you of course. The only thing is that my front has met the street no matter how much I try to cut the driveway, ramp, speedbump, dips, etc. Besides, I will not allow anyone but you to order parts and work on my car. I learned this the hard and expensive way. Stay cool bruddah.
Dan

Last edited by Dan_K; 07-02-06 at 05:53 PM.

Quick Reply: post pics of WALD kit on black SC