SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Another audio question from UK: tape or mini-disk?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-01, 12:10 AM
MJB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another audio question from UK: tape or mini-disk?

Hi again guys,

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of my earlier audio question (have I got a Levinson system or not?).

A couple of points on my system may give a clue....

Do you guys all have tape players or mini-disk units? Is this an option in the US? I have a mini-disk player where the tape unit would go.

What functions do have on the big rocker switch on the opposite side to the Seek/Track rocker switch?

I have a function to change the position of the stereo image depending on whether there are 1 or 2 people in the car, plus a function giving a variety of (not very useful) reverb and delay sound effects.

In some images I've seen this same switch operating the advanced radio functions like traffic announcements and programme informaiton - which I don't have.

So come on guys, what do you all have?

Thanks for your help!!!

Martin
Old 09-27-01, 07:32 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting ... in my manual (p.166) the graphic of the audio panel clearly shows the Mark Levinson logo above the CD slot, but it's not on the audio panel in my car. However, the Levinson logo does appear on one of my door speakers.

My car came with a tape player. There were no audio options. In fact, even the three available options, run-flats, spoiler, and nav system were no longer options by the time I got my car.

The rocker opposite the seek track button on my car is RDS (Radio Data System)Type. I haven't used it, so I can't describe it.
Old 09-27-01, 09:19 AM
MJB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aha.

The plot thickens. So you don't have ML branding on the audio unit itself. But it must be a Levinson unit, as I am sure all you US guys have Levinson as standard.

So maybe mine is Levinson after all, even though it's not branded...

Anyone else care to describe what they have?

Thanks.

Martin