SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New Exhaust chrome tips! Where are they?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-06, 01:20 AM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Exhaust chrome tips! Where are they?

Hello! I just got my '02 430 and i love it! I want to replace the chrome tips cause they are a bit rusted and very dirty. Where can I get them? Also, are there any better looking ones than the factory ones. Thanks!
Old 06-28-06, 09:13 AM
clubaddict
Driver

im looking for a set too...I was puling out of a gas station and went over a curb and the right exhaust tip got dented & fell off.(i sort of wedged it back on)
Anyone have any cleaning tips? ive used bug & tar remover.. helps a bit.. but still lots of hard tar remaining..

or maybe ill just upgrade to the blitz catback...any noticable power increase?
Old 06-28-06, 09:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

umm... maybe you can try talking to carson toyota or lexus.parts.com?
Old 06-28-06, 09:21 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by clubaddict
im looking for a set too...I was puling out of a gas station and went over a curb and the right exhaust tip got dented & fell off.(i sort of wedged it back on)
Anyone have any cleaning tips? ive used bug & tar remover.. helps a bit.. but still lots of hard tar remaining..

A fine polishing compound will work followed by some Mothers or other metal polishing compound.
Old 06-28-06, 10:01 AM
sc430mike
Pole Position

The Blitz Exhaust was my best option and it looks nice and gives a slight power increase, especially when you have an intake also. I thought that the Blitz tips almost looked too big until I put a Wald Kit on, now it looks perfect!

I think that it is almost a $100 each for the stock tips so it might be better to just save for the Blitz.
Old 06-28-06, 01:28 PM
imbuggin
Driver

Default blitz

I have blitz. The best stuff for cleaning the chrome is called "never dull" It is wadded material with some chemicals on it. Most auto parts stores carry it. I use it on my motorcycle as well. It will even get rif of rust.
Old 06-28-06, 04:32 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

If I like my Blitz, I MIGHT trash the stock pipes and muffler and sell the tips (both) for $100 + shipping if somebody wants them. They're like new.
Don't know what's the deal with Blitz since they haven't sent my tracking number, and can't be reached since last Thursday. They supposedly had my system in stock. I should know about my decision in a week or so. Good day.
Old 06-29-06, 11:11 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Default sorry

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
If I like my Blitz, I MIGHT trash the stock pipes and muffler and sell the tips (both) for $100 + shipping if somebody wants them. They're like new.
Don't know what's the deal with Blitz since they haven't sent my tracking number, and can't be reached since last Thursday. They supposedly had my system in stock. I should know about my decision in a week or so. Good day.

sorry I tossed mine. I have no room for the original pipes. I have a stack in the garage already from my motorcycle and other toys.
Old 06-29-06, 09:12 PM
clubaddict
Driver

Originally Posted by imbuggin
I have blitz. The best stuff for cleaning the chrome is called "never dull" It is wadded material with some chemicals on it. Most auto parts stores carry it. I use it on my motorcycle as well. It will even get rif of rust.
what about rust on paint chips? is it ok to use get the rust off before touch up paint?
Old 06-29-06, 09:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

what about rust on paint chips? is it ok to use get the rust off before touch up paint?
those are pretty much rubbing compound. use those on your paint, prepare to see tons of scratches and swirls
Old 06-30-06, 11:40 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Default not sure

Originally Posted by rominl
those are pretty much rubbing compound. use those on your paint, prepare to see tons of scratches and swirls

I don't know if you could use it on metal before painting. I guess you could as long as you clean it off well before painting. It has gotten on the paint of my car and mortorcycle with no visible effect.

Romi- it is not a rubbing compound. It is smooth wadded material with some chemicals on it. It is mostly for chome I think.