SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Luxury Motorworks New Remote Top!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-06, 10:15 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Heard that before. I will wait till someone here actually has one ON their car that works before paying anymore attention.
Old 07-04-06, 12:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Heard that before. I will wait till someone here actually has one ON their car that works before paying anymore attention.
lol if it's all working maybe i will have you install it for me lee
Old 07-04-06, 01:19 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.lmspower.com/
Old 07-05-06, 01:10 AM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lol if it's all working maybe i will have you install it for me lee
damn man i think it may be cheaper to fly one of you cali dudes out to TX to install this for me, than taking it to some car shop where they're gonna screw everything up... i simply will not put my ride in the hands of anything less than an SC fanatic!
Old 07-05-06, 05:48 AM
Joe Peters
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TEXAS83,

I'm in Ft Worth and Woodie's installed mine 1 1/2 years ago for 150.00

Come on up!
Old 07-05-06, 06:06 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TEXAS83
damn man i think it may be cheaper to fly one of you cali dudes out to TX to install this for me, than taking it to some car shop where they're gonna screw everything up... i simply will not put my ride in the hands of anything less than an SC fanatic!

Yup its all about the person. You want to find someone that you trust. Especially another SC owner. But once you find that one good installer make sure you get his Cel # so he can do jobs for you on the side
Old 07-05-06, 08:25 AM
tfischer

Received 214 Likes on 160 Posts

I got interested in this remote top toy a year or so ago, and mentioned it to my service manager and showed him the printed out installation instructions. He called in the top mechanic from the shop, and they looked over the pages for a minute or two and said installation looked like it would take them an hour or two and would be no big deal, and they would do it any time for me. If I were going to get it, I would certainly prefer to have the Lexus dealer take apart the doors and dash because they do it all the time.

But since this accessory seems to be the automotive equivalent of vaporware, I'm not interested in even looking at it until it's been out there and tested a lot, and by that time my car may have reached its tenth birthday, and what's the point at that point?

It would be fun to be able to lower the top from the sidewalk remotely, but it's not worth all this trouble and does not seem worth the expense. I'll use the dash button like I have for the last 6 summers.

I can live like that.
Old 07-05-06, 09:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by TEXAS83
yeah i agree it's all about person man. pearlpower is one of the very few guys i WILL trust my car with
Old 07-05-06, 09:06 AM
Chekmi21
Lead Lap

I have the previous version installed on my car (thanks to Gee-Bee).
It works like a charm.
I watched my shop do the install and it looked like something that I would've totally screwed up.

But I love the mod, I have the remote starter too.
Old 07-05-06, 09:14 AM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

why can't the $199 viper remote starter system that includes aux buttons for roof, trunk, lock, unlock and half a mile range do the same exact job ? and that $199 includes the installation as well. i'm just curious.
Old 07-06-06, 10:12 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Default top

well all here is some info on the remote top for you so far. I paid for it over a year ago and got a defective product (lexus spent hours trying to get it to work). I was told the new one would be out in a few months. I have now been waiting about a year+ for a part I already paid for. Steve has promised me I am first of about 200 people in line. I get an email update every once in a while saying a few weeks, but it never happens.

If people are indeed getting the new units and installing them PLEASE LET me know ASAP.
Old 07-06-06, 10:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Lexs400
why can't the $199 viper remote starter system that includes aux buttons for roof, trunk, lock, unlock and half a mile range do the same exact job ? and that $199 includes the installation as well. i'm just curious.
at least to me, i hate to have yet another remote with my key. my key chain is big enough. so i would wanna be able to control everything with my keyfob, and only that
Old 07-07-06, 06:38 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude steve from LMW wont respond to my emails anymore. He said he had them and I was like ok I want to buy today. So I gave him a call wasnt there. Left him a message to call me back. Never called me back. Sent him two more emails no response. This was last week by the way.
Old 07-07-06, 06:43 AM
tfischer

Received 214 Likes on 160 Posts

When you want to buy a product (expensive or not) and the store won't let you in or talk to you, that says loud and clear that the place is not doing business.

Stay away.

Use the button on the dash and live with it.
Old 07-08-06, 12:43 AM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

I left a message last night after hours and they called me back today. Some guy named Steve said they were taking orders and that they would be shipped out next week. Let's talk to this guy about a GROUP BUY! I wanna save some money on this thing if everyones gonna give him so much business from this board.... Who's in?????

Quick Reply: Luxury Motorworks New Remote Top!