SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Luxury Motorworks New Remote Top!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-06, 01:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

sorry but we don't allow any GB unless it's through clublexus approved vendors. rules are rules, so let's not get anything going here. thanks
Old 07-08-06, 01:08 AM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't know that! thanks for the update
Old 07-08-06, 08:17 AM
tfischer

Received 214 Likes on 160 Posts

A group buy???

Are you out of your mind?

Read the above posts. This is a product that has been "shipping soon" for 3 or 4 years by a company that nobody can even get on the phone. Spielberg will return my calls before these guys.

What we are looking for is three or four people to report a positive experience, a successful installation and several months of trouble free operation.

After polling the members here, we have selected you to take one for the team. Let us know when you get it installed.

Thanks.
Old 07-08-06, 12:17 PM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

When i spoke to the guy yesterday, he said they have had the kit installed in a few cars for ever 3 months and there hasnt been any problems. I also read a few posts up that ppl have had it in their cars for a while and no problems, but i havent read anything about a malfunction or anything. I'd say so-so customer service, but they called me back the very next day
Old 07-08-06, 04:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well i didn't want to post about it, but since now you ask... get some cold drink and prepare to spend some time in this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171265

i think the luxlink idea is good, but that's where it ends
Old 07-08-06, 06:07 PM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

no time for the epic novel right now, but i can only guess that its going to crap all over the luxlink.... damn man, its such a bad *** idea, i hope someone dependable comes out with it ASAP!
Old 07-08-06, 07:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by TEXAS83
no time for the epic novel right now, but i can only guess that its going to crap all over the luxlink.... damn man, its such a bad *** idea, i hope someone dependable comes out with it ASAP!
nonono, don't get me wrong. i do think the luxlink is a good idea and good product. but lmw installed it on my car (together with other stuff) and they screwed everything (including their luxliknk). after couple of weeks the thing got shorted out and mulfunctioned.

i think the key is to make sure the new version works without problems, and have a good shop to install it for you
Old 07-08-06, 09:22 PM
prex
Driver

LMW installed a Luxlink for me ~1 year ago, not a single problem.
Old 07-09-06, 04:06 PM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

Anyone had the latest version of the luxlink installed with success???
Old 07-10-06, 06:04 AM
tfischer

Received 214 Likes on 160 Posts

I agree with Tex that the whole thing is a "bad *** idea."

No need for it, hard to buy, low customer satisfaction, bad service, etc.

That blanket in a bag for $170.00 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=182476) was a better idea than this.
Old 07-10-06, 08:07 AM
RMR
Rookie

My two cents:

I was told by Steve that I would be one of the first to get the new upgrade, and I have not heard from him, even though they still use my car on their site for this product as the model.

Frankly, I have given up and will keep what I have, the earlier version of this option. We have all heard the "it will be ready in another month" stories for almost a year now, with no direct response. I get my upddates like everyone else on this forum. I pay close attention to such promisses, as any one should.
Old 07-10-06, 08:37 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Default great

Originally Posted by RMR
My two cents:

I was told by Steve that I would be one of the first to get the new upgrade, and I have not heard from him, even though they still use my car on their site for this product as the model.

Frankly, I have given up and will keep what I have, the earlier version of this option. We have all heard the "it will be ready in another month" stories for almost a year now, with no direct response. I get my upddates like everyone else on this forum. I pay close attention to such promisses, as any one should.

guess what RMR Steve promised me the same. I paid for the unit over a year ago got a defetive one and was told I am the first of 200 people. Seems like he is telling alot of people that. If I get my money back instead of a working unit. I expect steve to pay interest and the botched installation to lexus for their time!! All in all I wish I never got into this mess. I have wasted time and money and have nothing but aggrevation!
Old 07-10-06, 09:32 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by imbuggin
guess what RMR Steve promised me the same. I paid for the unit over a year ago got a defetive one and was told I am the first of 200 people. Seems like he is telling alot of people that. If I get my money back instead of a working unit. I expect steve to pay interest and the botched installation to lexus for their time!! All in all I wish I never got into this mess. I have wasted time and money and have nothing but aggrevation!

I dont understand why they stopped selling the old one. I mean there are success stories right? so why stop selling a unit that was working most of the time. Its such a good idea, its just that many of us are willing to go forward even with negative reviews just to see if it works.
Old 07-10-06, 09:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
I dont understand why they stopped selling the old one. I mean there are success stories right? so why stop selling a unit that was working most of the time. Its such a good idea, its just that many of us are willing to go forward even with negative reviews just to see if it works.
for reasons i can't disclosed. they were kinda forced to i guess?
Old 07-10-06, 09:56 AM
GEE-BEE
Pole Position

Red face Remote Top

Iam going to have one in stalled in a couple of weeks,.

250.00 for remote top , less start feature and no back window circut relay.
100.00 installation

Very Fair.......

Gee-Bee

Quick Reply: Luxury Motorworks New Remote Top!