SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Luxury Motorworks New Remote Top!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-06, 10:34 PM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, it's good of you to post here and I'm sure its appreciated by all. Thank you also for the apology. With that said, I still have some qualms.

I wasn't trying to attack you by calling you sleezy, but I feel that it was an accurate description of your behavior for the conversation we had. I clearly told you that I had reservations about "pre-ordering" because off all the horror stories that I've heard from other CL members. You kept insisting that I just give my c/c info then and there and you would call me before you charged it, and I responded that you should just call me when its ready and I would gladly give you my info. After giving me your c/c sales pitch again, for the 3rd time, you agreed to my terms. Now you publicly state that there are a few that are ready to go and I still haven't gotten a call. And you wonder why I didn't give you my c/c info....

Just FYI, I'm not some high school kid buying a toy, I have been in the business world for years and graduated from a tier one b-school. Since I personally own and operate a mutimillion dollar company, I think I may know a little bit about business and about customer satisfaction. The only other company that I've ever seen that gathers your info first and then charges you is Amazon.com, and when you hit annualized sales of $8B, you give me a call buddy.

Last edited by rominl; 07-25-06 at 12:59 AM.
Old 07-25-06, 01:11 AM
prex
Driver

don't mess with texas!
Old 07-25-06, 01:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TEXAS83
First off, it's good of you to post here and I'm sure its appreciated by all. Thank you also for the apology. With that said, I still have some qualms.

I wasn't trying to attack you by calling you sleezy, but I feel that it was an accurate description of your behavior for the conversation we had. I clearly told you that I had reservations about "pre-ordering" because off all the horror stories that I've heard from other CL members. You kept insisting that I just give my c/c info then and there and you would call me before you charged it, and I responded that you should just call me when its ready and I would gladly give you my info. After giving me your c/c sales pitch again, for the 3rd time, you agreed to my terms. Now you publicly state that there are a few that are ready to go and I still haven't gotten a call. And you wonder why I didn't give you my c/c info....

Just FYI, I'm not some high school kid buying a toy, I have been in the business world for years and graduated from a tier one b-school. Since I personally own and operate a mutimillion dollar company, I think I may know a little bit about business and about customer satisfaction. The only other company that I've ever seen that gathers your info first and then charges you is Amazon.com, and when you hit annualized sales of $8B, you give me a call buddy.
damn, our bald guy is on fire
Old 07-25-06, 03:46 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by prex
don't mess with texas!
LMAO!

On a serious note, I'd be more then willing to provide my cc info as soon as they have it in stock as well.
Old 07-25-06, 05:18 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by prex
don't mess with texas!
Step away for a few days and one can miss the highlight post of the year. LMAO.......But yeah I've been wanting this remote feature BAD.
Old 07-25-06, 09:20 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
<<Echo>>

Now, Lee can I pay you to do the installation? I don't trust anybody but you. Let me know what your billing rate is.

(just said i am done with mod for my GS and SC.... now i am looking to spend more money on both car for different things.... geez..)
Thanks Mark, I appreciate that. Sorry, so busy I find it difficult to mod my car. But...I will have time off coming in September and the rest of the year.
Old 07-25-06, 10:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Thanks Mark, I appreciate that. Sorry, so busy I find it difficult to mod my car. But...I will have time off coming in September and the rest of the year.
lee, do you need help putting stuff on your car? i am game
Old 07-25-06, 10:46 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by TEXAS83

Buyer beware I am against shady business practices too. Well spoken.
Old 07-26-06, 12:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by ddquach
Actually guys, I'm at LMS right now and there's 2 SC in the back with the new LuxLink installed. You guys need to know that taking orders and having it ship is a big task when the new units have different types of new function. Especially when you have to run a business as well. If you already waited this long I say stop complaining about it and wait for it or just cancel the order. Its just that simple. The new units are slowly coming in and being sent out to whoever order was place first... That my $.02...
well i will give you my 2 cents too. just like others stated. it's not about slow, you can be as slow as you want, doesn't matter, as long as you come up with good stuff. people will buy. however

1) keep on giving out empty promises and wrong dates of release that never happened?
2) mostly interested in getting your cc number like someone posted?

and "especially when you have to run a business as well"? when did that become part of the equation? no one cares how they run their business. customers only care about the service and products they purchase.

good example would be making custom wheels. look at HRE. all wheels are custom made. you call and order and you are told how long it takes to make them (8 weeks). they won't tell you one week and then one week later tell you it's another week. yes they are quality stuff and might worth the wait, but getting the right information is the key.

oh and "The new units are slowly coming in and being sent out to whoever order was place first"? umm.....

Originally Posted by imbuggin
guess what RMR Steve promised me the same. I paid for the unit over a year ago got a defetive one and was told I am the first of 200 people. Seems like he is telling alot of people that. If I get my money back instead of a working unit. I expect steve to pay interest and the botched installation to lexus for their time!! All in all I wish I never got into this mess. I have wasted time and money and have nothing but aggrevation!
imbuggin, you were the first of the 200 people right? just confirming, did you get your unit yet? and since you paid already, i suppose you have every right to be the FIRST one? just checking
Old 07-26-06, 05:59 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this is heading in the wrong direction
Old 07-26-06, 07:59 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Default wow that is service

Originally Posted by rominl
well i will give you my 2 cents too. just like others stated. it's not about slow, you can be as slow as you want, doesn't matter, as long as you come up with good stuff. people will buy. however

1) keep on giving out empty promises and wrong dates of release that never happened?
2) mostly interested in getting your cc number like someone posted?

and "especially when you have to run a business as well"? when did that become part of the equation? no one cares how they run their business. customers only care about the service and products they purchase.

good example would be making custom wheels. look at HRE. all wheels are custom made. you call and order and you are told how long it takes to make them (8 weeks). they won't tell you one week and then one week later tell you it's another week. yes they are quality stuff and might worth the wait, but getting the right information is the key.

oh and "The new units are slowly coming in and being sent out to whoever order was place first"? umm.....

imbuggin, you were the first of the 200 people right? just confirming, did you get your unit yet? and since you paid already, i suppose you have every right to be the FIRST one? just checking
well romin,

I am kinda scared to post this. I did speak with Steve Monday. I was told he has mine unit and is testing it in a car to make sure I have no problems. He is supposed to speak with my lexus dealer about an install because he didn't know if they would want to do it again. I assured him this would not be an issue due to the fact my friend owns the dealership. He told me I would have the unit within a weeks time. I have not hear anything yet. Although my experience has been very very annoying, Steve has been fine to me. I sure sounds like he isn't getting the parts in he needs to get the units completed, and taking a lot of heat in the mean time. (righfully so though) as the say the sh-t flows down. So if it is his suppliers the blame falls on his shoulders by default. The fact is I just want the Darn unit and a working version. At this rate I may get rid of the car beofre I get the remote.

edit: somehow this post has been changed/modified or made-up?? with many additions

Last edited by imbuggin; 07-26-06 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-26-06, 09:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well romin,

I am kinda scared to post this. I did speak with Steve Monday. I was told he has mine unit and is testing it in a car to make sure I have no problems. He is supposed to speak with my lexus dealer about an install because he didn't know if they would want to do it again. I assured him this would not be an issue due to the fact my friend owns the dealership. He told me I would have the unit within a weeks time. I have not hear anything yet. Although my experience has been very very annoying, Steve has been fine to me. I sure sounds like he isn't getting the parts in he needs to get the units completed, and taking a lot of heat in the mean time. (righfully so though) as the say the sh-t flows down. So if it is his suppliers the blame falls on his shoulders by default. The fact is I just want the Darn unit and a working version. At this rate I may get rid of the car beofre I get the remote.

Lets leave it at this...I am just about finished with this mess one way or another. If I do not get a working unit with-in 10 days, I am going to have my attoney file with the BB. I will be looking for the money I spend on the unit + the instalation attempt + my time and interest. About 5+ times what the unit cost.
congrats on your conversation with steve, hopefully the unit is coming in, and you can finally be a happy customer!
Old 07-26-06, 12:15 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Default Where the LMW Post

Hey I remember seeing a post from Luxury Motorworks explaining why the units are taking so long. What happen to it...
Old 07-26-06, 12:25 PM
tfischer

Received 214 Likes on 160 Posts

I just scrolled up a few pages and I see that all the posts from LMW are gone, although replies to those posts from others are still there.

I know an original poster can edit his own message, and I think he can delete it as well.

This does little to bolster my confidence in the ability of LMW to deliver on this product.
Old 07-26-06, 12:44 PM
imbuggin
Driver

Default post?

well romin,

Lets leave it at this...I am just about finished with this mess one way or another. If I do not get a working unit with-in 10 days, I am going to have my attoney file with the BB. I will be looking for the money I spend on the unit + the instalation attempt + my time and interest. About 5+ times what the unit cost.

edit: somehow this post has been changed??

This post is suspicious...although some of this info is correct, it wasn't posted by me. It seems to be edited parts for some old posts?? I actually have spoke with Steve. He has done EVERYTHING he said he would so far. My unit is being shipped once fully tested and install arrangements have been made. All I can say is so far he has done what he claimed he would. It may have taken longer to get the parts from his suppliers, but who can help that. I am unsure how that last post even was put up. Either it is many parts of different old post of mine or someone posted on my behalf. Either way I will be changing the password and am a bit sketptical how that happened?

Quick Reply: Luxury Motorworks New Remote Top!