SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Luxury Motorworks New Remote Top!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-06, 12:51 PM
imbuggin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
I just scrolled up a few pages and I see that all the posts from LMW are gone, although replies to those posts from others are still there.

I know an original poster can edit his own message, and I think he can delete it as well.

This does little to bolster my confidence in the ability of LMW to deliver on this product.

well somehow someone was posting for me?? My passwords are now changed??
Old 07-26-06, 12:55 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Default What going on here

[QUOTE=imbuggin]This post is suspicious...although some of this info is correct, it wasn't posted by me. It seems to be edited parts for some old posts?? I actually have spoke with Steve. He has done EVERYTHING he said he would so far. My unit is being shipped once fully tested and install arrangements have been made. All I can say is so far he has done what he claimed he would. It may have taken longer to get the parts from his suppliers, but who can help that. I am unsure how that last post even was put up. Either it is many parts of different old post of mine or someone posted on my behalf. Either way I will be changing the password and am a bit sketptical how that happened?[/QUOTE]

Something fishy here... Why is inbuggin post being change by the moderator. I dont think that LMW would post replies to question being asked here and than delete them. I guess the moderator runs the thread here and not the people.
Old 07-26-06, 02:52 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

We can delete all content on our posts, but not make it disappear (I've tried it). If a post disappeared, a mod/admin was involved. Right, Rominl??
Old 07-26-06, 02:56 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Yes you can edit your own posts but no one elses. Only a super moderator/administrator can delete/edit/completely disappear other people's posts.
Old 07-26-06, 03:18 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rominl
congrats on your conversation with steve, hopefully the unit is coming in, and you can finally be a happy customer!

So Romin, where is the post that LMW posted up since your the senior moderator here? Thank asiangirl007 for pointing that out..
Old 07-26-06, 10:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

imbuggin, i just did some research and poked around, and you seem to be the person who made that post, at least it's from the same computer. i have crossed check some data from before and after that "suspicious" post you put up, and everything indicates that it was posted from the same location. unless someone got into your home and used your computer to make that post without you know, while knowing exactly what was going on with your unit, i can't find another explanation.

you made that post at around 8am pst and i quoted the entire thing at around 9:30am. when i quoted the post, your original post was not altered in any way or edited by anyone, i have records of everything. why would you go back and edit the original posts and erased a particular paragraph, only you can answer it.

also, if you think your post was made up from all the old posts in the past? please point us to where those were copied and pasted from. i would like to see it and i will continue to investigate. from my memory, almost all of your posts in the past have been about "first of 200 people" and "i paid them 2 yrs ago" and "i never receive anything".

regarding removal of some posts, yes, we have strict rules here are member posting. only paid clublexus vendors and sponsors are allowed to have their company name in their screen names, avarters and signatures of their companies, and also only they are allowed to post promotion or advertising information. bottom line is no one is allowed to promote and advertise their own business or the business they are directly associated with, unless it's approved by clublexus adminstrators.

lmw was in violation on those rules since they are no longer vendors here, that's why they were promptly removed. i checked the history, those removals were documented clearly.
Old 07-26-06, 10:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ddquach

Something fishy here... Why is inbuggin post being change by the moderator. I dont think that LMW would post replies to question being asked here and than delete them. I guess the moderator runs the thread here and not the people.
imbuggin's post was never altered by anyone else except him (or from his very computer), i have just tracked down the records. so no moderator(s) edited his post at all.

lmw's replies were removed for reasons stated above

please don't put up false assumption. if there are proofs that moderators run this thread, please state them and moderators and admin team will investigate. thanks.

Last edited by rominl; 07-26-06 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-27-06, 07:12 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
imbuggin's post was never altered by anyone else except him (or from his very computer), i have just tracked down the records. so no moderator(s) edited his post at all.

lmw's replies were removed for reasons stated above

please don't put up false assumption. if there are proofs that moderators run this thread, please state them and moderators and admin team will investigate. thanks.
Rominl...do me a favor and PM me. Your research can not be correct. I was not even in the office when the first post was put up. I did edit it to say I didn't put it up. I never said you changed it or a mod. I just said it was not me. Why in the world would I lie? I have nothing to gain. As soon as I saw the post I edited it and changed my passwords? If you would like to give me the log of events (through a pm) I would be happy to see if my computer tech can trace what really happened. Point is something strange happened here. Like I said much of the information was correct, that is why I assume it was either info from another post or someone I recently spoke with. for the record the idea of someone in my office using my computer is HIGHLY unlikely, that much I do know.
Old 07-27-06, 07:19 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by ddquach
[
Originally Posted by imbuggin
This post is suspicious...although some of this info is correct, it wasn't posted by me. It seems to be edited parts for some old posts?? I actually have spoke with Steve. He has done EVERYTHING he said he would so far. My unit is being shipped once fully tested and install arrangements have been made. All I can say is so far he has done what he claimed he would. It may have taken longer to get the parts from his suppliers, but who can help that. I am unsure how that last post even was put up. Either it is many parts of different old post of mine or someone posted on my behalf. Either way I will be changing the password and am a bit sketptical how that happened?

Both you guys, Rominl is correct so knock off your crazy conspiracy theories. Whenever a moderator, senior moderator or even an admin edits a thread there are two things that happen.... there is a log which shows the edit on the thread (which I have reviewed) and a public 'edited by' appears on the thread.

inbuggin if something was posted not by you under your ID then you should suspect someone in your household or work of using your computer or you've left your account logged on somewhere else. Either way, responsibility for your account is under your control. We aren't going to waste time sending something to some random computer tech that knows nothing about VB. Change your password and don't leave yourself logged on at computers where you don't control the access if you think something fishy is going on. Simple as that.

The two promotional LMW posts were soft deleted (I can still see them) because they are no longer approved vendors on our forum and as such are not allowed to promote their products here. I believe some of their products are offered via Carson Toyota / L-Tunedparts.com if members want to contact Carson to host a GB on them.

ddquach, I suggest you review the forum rules on mouthing off to moderators. There are specific recourses outlined if you have a problem with the way something is handled, and posting in the forums as you did above is not one of them.

This thread is closed.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-27-06 at 07:24 AM.