SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

clear side markers

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-06, 12:12 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
I wonder if these LEDs can be tapped into the stereo system to work like a crystal globe at a disco. j/k. Those actually do not look to bad. I might have to throw that on my list of mods.
Car is looking good Mark

Originally Posted by rominl
lee, you are close enough to mark that you can just go over and examine the sidemarkers yourself man

in fact, i have been finding ways to just steal them off mark's car, wahaha

Thanks Lee. I know Henry has been thinking about getting those off my car, just like I want to steal his JP stuff off his GS heehee....

Although the price appears to be higher now but I believe the price on those actual came down a bit when Henry and I look at last time. In the past, you need to send in your OEM to them for the modification but now you can just buy the set from them. Keep in mind, the OEM orange side marker is like $160!!!! (or somewhere around there) so you need to factor that in. I personally enjoy this particular "custom" work very much because it is not your normal clear corner and you just don't see them around. As matter of fact, I have never seen anyone out there with this. Like henry said, they look fantastic at night and people always tell me that LED clear looks awesome! Last but not least, I compare this to the JDM clear corner on my 97SC which cost $130. However the JDM one for my 97 SC still utilitized the stock bulb not LED. Therefore, I can justify myself of getting this.

Originally Posted by Chekmi21
$300 for clear corners....what is the world coming to.
That is what i said about JP taillight for the GS as well. I guess that is why people says "you have to pay to play".

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 07-20-06 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-20-06, 09:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Thanks Lee. I know Henry has been thinking about getting those off my car, just like I want to steal his JP stuff off his GS heehee....

Although the price appears to be higher now but I believe the price on those actual came down a bit when Henry and I look at last time. In the past, you need to send in your OEM to them for the modification but now you can just buy the set from them. Keep in mind, the OEM orange side marker is like $160!!!! (or somewhere around there) so you need to factor that in. I personally enjoy this particular "custom" work very much because it is not your normal clear corner and you just don't see them around. As matter of fact, I have never seen anyone out there with this. Like henry said, they look fantastic at night and people always tell me that LED clear looks awesome! Last but not least, I compare this to the JDM clear corner on my 97SC which cost $130. However the JDM one for my 97 SC still utilitized the stock bulb not LED. Therefore, I can justify myself of getting this.

That is what i said about JP taillight for the GS as well. I guess that is why people says "you have to pay to play".
lol, and i am one of those with the 1300 bucks jp taillights on my gs... sux

but yes, i did the math with mark a while ago on the sidemarkers. now they don't ask for your original side markers for return anymore, and just charge you 300 bucks, it's actually not THAT bad. but i have to say though, 160 bucks for a set of stock side markers, that's pretty outrages too (considering that a set of clear side markers for the gs is like 10 or 15 bucks).

oh well, hopefully soon. this and the exhaust for the sc430 then i think the sc430 is done. dont' think my wife wants more stuff on the car
Old 07-20-06, 11:14 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
this and the exhaust for the sc430 then i think the sc430 is done. dont' think my wife wants more stuff on the car
Are you sure???????

hum........ I guess you don't want those OEM HID/LED fog lights huh..... okay, I will put them on classified section.
Old 07-21-06, 12:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Are you sure???????

hum........ I guess you don't want those OEM HID/LED fog lights huh..... okay, I will put them on classified section.
no...... i said that's what my wife wants @_@

for me, i want more stuff
Old 06-15-08, 11:00 AM
scottvu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live by there and I am going to make an appointment soon. I will take pictures. Give me some time to get them though.........they r only open M-F
Old 06-16-08, 05:51 AM
ratha67
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone switched to clear LED side markers and want to sell their stock amber one's cheap? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-31-10, 10:42 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Resurrecting.

Anyone know where I can get a set of just clear front side marker covers? I don't really need to upgrade the whole thing do I? Seems a bit pricey for ~$150.
Old 06-01-10, 09:00 AM
talwang

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by iamtheodor
Resurrecting.

Anyone know where I can get a set of just clear front side marker covers? I don't really need to upgrade the whole thing do I? Seems a bit pricey for ~$150.
They are $450 now.

I think there is a DIY thread here, you can do a search.
Old 06-01-10, 12:10 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Does anyone know where to just purchase the side marker cover instead of the whole LED system?

Thanks.
Old 06-01-10, 12:41 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by iamtheodor
Does anyone know where to just purchase the side marker cover instead of the whole LED system?

Thanks.

It's not a "cover" per se. It's all one piece. The back half (with the bulb holder and silvered-finish reflector is glued to the lens).

There's a thread where a guy here cut the lens off of it, and glued a clear piece of plastic onto it (trimming it to fit). He used like a piece of lens cover for a fluorescent light.

The results looked VERY good.

EDIT: Here's the DIY thread...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ners-done.html

Last edited by Habious; 06-01-10 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-01-10, 02:47 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Habious
It's not a "cover" per se. It's all one piece. The back half (with the bulb holder and silvered-finish reflector is glued to the lens).

There's a thread where a guy here cut the lens off of it, and glued a clear piece of plastic onto it (trimming it to fit). He used like a piece of lens cover for a fluorescent light.

The results looked VERY good.

EDIT: Here's the DIY thread...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ners-done.html
Thanks for this! I didn't know it was all attached.