SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Luxury Mod Works Remote Top!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-06, 06:56 PM
GEE-BEE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Luxury Mod Works Remote Top!

Well after starting the thread that almost went to _ELL, !

Iam very happy with my new remore top, Steve's guys installed in about a hour, I left and went to have lunch at deli nearby, came back and I asked if I wanted the car washed, I didnt have the time with the afternoon traffic.

Features:
Hold the button down on the unlock function remote for a couple of seconds top comes down .

Going up is the same , but you have another option ,, of placing the car in park hit the close button twice,open the door hit the lock buttonto lock the doors ,Remove key, engine will still run until the top is closed and the car is locked and secured then the engine will shut off.

I hope you all enjoy this Mod !
Gee-Bee

P.S. Stopped at local deler to show the tech's and a service manager the remote and they all liked this product , I had them turn off my DRL's while I was there....

No-Charge !
Old 07-28-06, 09:32 PM
garcia2
Rookie

Just chiming in - I got a call from Steve this past Tuesday (7/25) and got the remote top & starter last night (7/27).
Old 07-28-06, 10:27 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what about the rear quarter window???
Old 07-29-06, 08:28 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey GEEBEE, my doors WON'T lock with the key in the ignition, engine running or not. And I LIKE THAT.
Does that mean that now you can be locked out of your car at any time, or only when using that feature?
Old 07-29-06, 02:30 PM
GEE-BEE
Pole Position

Default sc430

Check your c spec's, My top wouldnt work unless I had the c modes was set that would allow the windows to go down using the remote,The new Lux top uses this signal on the circut to control the top.

I had to go to my dealer and change the settings so my remote key would control the windows, I had them turn off those DRL's while I was there. no -charge from my dealer....
Old 08-01-06, 05:39 AM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

I am going to respond to this thread in a month. If you're still a happy camper, I'll consider it... Did you get the remote start option?
Old 08-01-06, 09:08 AM
GEE-BEE
Pole Position

Wink Remote Top

I have no use for the remote start, Iam always in the shade.

Future is so bright I have to wear shades
Old 08-01-06, 09:28 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile Placed My Order Today

My first experience with Steve @ Luxury Motorworks was quite pleasant.
Shortly after sending an email to Steve, I received a phone call from him.
Not only was he informative he was also very personable.
I inquired about several products and ordered the redesigned Luxlink remote top with remote start.
I expect to have it in a few days. Which gives me time to find an installer.
Old 08-01-06, 10:37 PM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

Even thought its hotter than hell here, I don't think I want the remote start. I know its only another hundred, but when the hell will I need that? remote top could put to use right away. Just wondering, when you press the button to remotely open the top, do the windows go up after you drop the top, or do they stay down? I know this was an issue with the older unit. Also, is it now "one-touch" to open the roof from the interior? I recall hearing something about this.
Old 08-01-06, 10:40 PM
prex
Driver

New documentation for the device is up on their web site, looks like new features are fast-touch open/close of top from inside (don't have to hold the open/close button during entire cycle) and rear quarter window operation. I'll probably get the upgrade done if the price is right.

-b (CEO of lemonade stand at age 5, attended only public schools, working on MBA from back of Rolling Stone)
Old 08-07-06, 01:22 PM
Bebber
Rookie

Default Luxlink Remote Top/Start status update

I've had the remote top/remote start installed on my car for two weeks now. The installation took the full day and a little bit longer yet; I was there a little bit past closing time waiting for them to finish. To his credit, Steve was very friendly and ease to work with through the process. I was also glad to have a loaner car to drive around during the day.

I've had a few occasional difficulties with the Luxlink and I submitted a pretty thorough deficiency report to Steve. I just got his written reply today. I don't know if anyone's interested but it's attached to this post. My original text is in black and Steve's responses are in red.

I will be in contact with Steve to resolve the problem with the intermittent remote top operation. I know that the failure is not due to "operator error" because I deem myself to be a competent operator. I layout the architecture and design for electronics gadgets and stuff like Luxlink for a living.

So, my personal opinion is that this release of Luxlink is still a beta version. There may still be some bugs left to work out before widespread implementation. This means that if you get it installed on your car right now, be prepared for the possibility of bugs, albeit minor ones.

-Josh
Old 08-07-06, 03:07 PM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

I'm not buying this unit. If I was within punching distance of steve, I would consider it...

Hey Bebber, I want to see pics of your car. PM me!
Old 08-07-06, 03:36 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Man, you guys must have big egos. I'd NEVER mess with my car like that just to save 25 seconds holding the darn button. Geez. How about eating 25 second less? That'd save you money ... and make you healthier .
Seriously, if I was determined to put that thing on my car (not even for free, actually), wouldn't even think about it under warranty, and not unless it was 100% proven. Good luck with it folks.
Old 08-07-06, 11:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lmao..... this is way too funny, i don't even know where to start. i guess by comparison, simple is so much better. at least my unit works ok (when there is no short circuit ). i do occasionally have the problem about the top not starting after the long beep. but usually a second try works. i thought it's just distance problem or something not sensing. other than that my car has been ok.

personally i am ok with the fact that the steering wheel not extending after autostart, coz' it's easier for people to get in the car. pressing the memory seat button doesn't hurt. BUT the fact that the steering wheel doesn't retract after the car shut off. um........ not sure if that's right.

oh well...
Old 08-08-06, 01:11 AM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

As soon as I read that the wheel won't retract/detract like normal, I was turned off like hell. I mean, I'm 6'2" and I live for that damn feature. I loved it in my 400 and especially need it in my 430. Plus its pretty cool too, I haven't seen it in any other cars... I think I will use the money to upgrade to the '06 taillights instead!

Quick Reply: Luxury Mod Works Remote Top!