SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Center Panel Removal / Cup Holder Assembly Removal???

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-06, 12:53 PM
shpritz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Center Panel Removal / Cup Holder Assembly Removal???

Any kind soul help me out with removal of the center panel where the stick shift is as well as if it is possible to remove the cup holder assembly without pulling the whole center panel. I popped out the heat seat assembly very easily but can't figure out how to lift the rest out. I am looking at a way to utilize the cup assemply such that I can remove the right side of the cup holders so I can use the base of the assemble to install my Pioneer INNO XM radio. Can the right side of the cup holder portion be removed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-05-06, 02:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

once you pop the heated seat buttons, you can put the wood trim as well (pop the back first, and then pull the trim at 45 degrees angle up away from the console, and it should come out

that's as far as i went before, but i think after that you should be able to figure the rest on the cup holders
Old 08-10-06, 03:42 PM
dbregman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shpritz
Any kind soul help me out with removal of the center panel where the stick shift is as well as if it is possible to remove the cup holder assembly without pulling the whole center panel. I popped out the heat seat assembly very easily but can't figure out how to lift the rest out. I am looking at a way to utilize the cup assemply such that I can remove the right side of the cup holders so I can use the base of the assemble to install my Pioneer INNO XM radio. Can the right side of the cup holder portion be removed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rominl is correct - after you remove the switch, you can then remove the whole center console. There is a power connector that needs to be removed to take it all out. If I recall correctly the cup holder is held by 2 or 4 screws. I installed my XM commander radio in place of the ashtray/lighter assembly. I have been meaning to post a step-by-step with photos, but haven't had time. Let me know if this is if interest to people.

David
Old 08-11-06, 08:27 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

I'd assume EVERYBODY would love to see a pictorial of the procedure... if you're so kind to do it.

In fact, there should be a sticky with procedures of things to do to our car, or better yet, a 'technical' sub-forum for our SC430, like in most boards.
A search is many times frustrating, as the subject is not what makes sense, and only way to find a previous post that we know about is reading like if we had nothing to do. Maybe with a technical sub-forum people would be more inclined to document their modifications, like you plan to do for us. Maybe that'll start it all . Take care.
Old 08-14-06, 01:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i think for now we should rely on lee seriously if i am with my car more often i would have taken a lot more pics, just like my gs.... but since my wife is driving the sc430

lee, we need pics on how to take the center console apart!