SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

LMS remote top/alarm/remote start with updated instructions

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-06, 08:13 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no fully legit

I did have to wait for the new unit. Once I got it Steve did everything and than some to make sure I was happy and able to get it installed. Once in it was the best mod I had done hands down! Great help from steve at LMW. Buy the reomte you will be happy! Putting it in is a pain in the *** no question but worth it
Old 12-26-06, 03:07 PM
blksc430
5th Gear

If I may chime in. I bought the starter/top unit too and actually I am very pleased with it. I and a couple of my friends got together and installed it in about 3 hours. Had some minor issues and I also talked with Steve(Doug too)and both were very helpful. Sometimes it's a little quirky but nothing serious. I get requests from people wanting to see it work and it never fails to impress. I also think it is the best mod I have made to this car.
Old 12-26-06, 10:10 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by blksc430
If I may chime in. I bought the starter/top unit too and actually I am very pleased with it. I and a couple of my friends got together and installed it in about 3 hours. Had some minor issues and I also talked with Steve(Doug too)and both were very helpful. Sometimes it's a little quirky but nothing serious. I get requests from people wanting to see it work and it never fails to impress. I also think it is the best mod I have made to this car.
Thanks for sharing. Can you please post what those quirks you mentioned are? I am contemplating this mod.
Thanks
Old 12-27-06, 07:58 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Thanks for sharing. Can you please post what those quirks you mentioned are? I am contemplating this mod.
Thanks
sometimes I'll be driving and a relay will just start going off and on off and on. I need to hit the lock and unlock button to reset it (Steve told me it was needed to reset it) I am guessing in order for the unit to work correctly a certain sequence of events must occur. IE open/close door. Lock/unlock doors? If you want the remote top to work all the time then u need to use the key and to take it down/up. you can use the key to put it down then the inside button to put it back up. But I am guessing you need to do some kind of lock/unlock or open/close door sequence to have it reset back. But overall its a good mod. I never use the remote start but it works. However the unit that u wrap around the igniion coil didnt work I had to use something else
Old 12-27-06, 07:03 PM
rclab1
Pole Position

Default what I'm really scared of.....

thanks for your input fellas.....

what I'm really scared of or hesitant is that if it rains and I cannot put the top up?????? b/c of a short???? (maybe far fetched, but may happen?)

I dont really understand when you say that it goes off by itself? and then something needs to be reset? does that happen a lot?

I'm not really interested in the remote start (even though it comes with the system), I just really want to be sure the remote top is smooth and trouble free?

( I do believe that it is the coolest mod you can do to the car )

I just want to be 120% sure that it will not cause any headaches for me since I live in NY state and I'm far from Steve and Doug in Calif.

thanks all.....
Old 12-28-06, 05:30 AM
blksc430
5th Gear

Sometimes with me, I get out of the car and try to put up the top and it doesn't work. Then, I'll open and close the driver's door again and it will work. I haven't figured out it is yet. It could be a sequence of events that I am not following or it may be my position relative to the car. I think sometimes maybe the sensor doesen't pick up the signal and I know that you can't be too far from the car. However, if it's installed correctly, 99% of the time it is reliable and I don't think it will let you down if it starts raining.
Old 12-28-06, 06:50 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

blksc430 yoru exactly right its a sequence of events.

The remote top may not work perfectly all the time but the button inside the car does if thats any reassurance
Old 12-28-06, 08:56 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Default used to it

it just take a while to get used to using it...ie how fast to click and such. I had NO problems with the unit. The only problem was training myself. I once took down the top when I was trying to start the car. It was cold out. It was fully my fault though. once again GREAT MOD!!!
Old 12-28-06, 05:10 PM
prex
Driver

Door needs to be closed for the unit to operate, chances are you're opening the door before turning the car off without thinking about it (as I always did).

Works flawlessly, car wouldn't be the same without it.

Happy holidays everyone ...