Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

help me pic one !

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-06, 06:47 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
to me, don't settle with something that's not your perfect choice, you will regret later
I thought white/black is your perfect choice or would you still be waiting now ? Is it still not available in Cali for 06 or 07 ?
Old 09-09-06, 06:52 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by RanGer498
i agree it looks like sand color but i was told it was silver (have to go see it to make sure) if it is sand well tthe car is off my list then .
I think it looks like silver from the picture, the Egyptian Sand should be a lot more yellow .
Old 09-09-06, 06:56 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RanGer498
ps .."opinions are like a$$holes! We all have one "
that is true but remember we all need one
Actually, not really. With all due respect, I could care less what others think of my taste especially when it comes to exterior/interior color but that's just me.
Old 09-09-06, 11:27 AM
RanGer498
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Yeah!
Actually, not really. With all due respect, I could care less what others think of my taste especially when it comes to exterior/interior color but that's just me.
lol i hear ya!
Old 09-09-06, 02:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
I thought white/black is your perfect choice or would you still be waiting now ? Is it still not available in Cali for 06 or 07 ?
it's still not available for the whole US, not just cali. everyone can custom order one, but at msrp that's the choice i had to make. didn't see the reason to pay couple grands more for just black interior
Old 09-09-06, 02:49 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

it's still not available for the whole US, not just cali. everyone can custom order one, but at msrp that's the choice i had to make. didn't see the reason to pay couple grands more for just black interior
Wait, you're saying white/black ext/int is hard to get? Really? In my area, there's many of them (including ours ).
Old 09-09-06, 02:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Yeah!
Wait, you're saying white/black ext/int is hard to get? Really? In my area, there's many of them (including ours ).
you mean you have seen a lot of white on black sc430 in your area? please take pics, i would love to see. when i got my sc430, i checked inventory (both here and across the ocean) for the whole US and there were non white on black sc430.

so far i have only seen one white on black sc430 on autotrader or so
Old 09-09-06, 07:42 PM
fred430
Driver School Candidate

Default The right color

I also wanted a white with ecru but found a silver with ecru and love it. When I see a white one it looks washed out and I own a white TL and TSX and love those in white. The silver with Zaino wax gives off an incredible shine.
Old 09-09-06, 08:26 PM
RanGer498
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fred430
I also wanted a white with ecru but found a silver with ecru and love it. When I see a white one it looks washed out and I own a white TL and TSX and love those in white. The silver with Zaino wax gives off an incredible shine.
pics please!
Old 09-10-06, 12:51 PM
scdroptop

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts
Default I Would Wait...

Wait for the color you want...I did and I am so glad I didn't settle.

Ecru is a nicer interior, cooler in the summer but gets dirty and shows dirt very easily. The silver and white exteriors always seem to look clean and it takes a hell of a rain or snow to make them look dirty.

According to my dealer, "silver" is the most popular color, then black, then white. Because of that, there are lots out there and you should just be patient and find the right combination, condition, miles, etc for you.

Egyptian sand seems to be popular with the 50+ years old crowd. Everyone I see in Dallas with one seems to be a baby boomer.

Red and Indigo are more rare colors and don't hold their value as much. Compared to a silver, white or black with equivalent miles/equipment. However on the contrary if you have one that is in great condition and low mileage, it can command a lot of $$$ due to their rare production #'s.

Eggplant has got to be the rarest of the first set of colors. Sharp, though.

On the contrary, darker colored cars look much sharper when they are clean and especially with the right wheels.

A light car with dark interior or a dark car with light interior always looks good. Dark on Dark=hot, hard to keep it clean. Light on Light=Duller, hard to keep clean. Good rules of thumb. Resale $$$$ show this to be true as well. For instance...I saw a white/ecru several thousands less than a white/black. Same thing with a black on black versus a black on ecru.

If you are meticulous about cleaning your car, none of this really matters, except for the heat factor, which here in Texas is always a factor with blk!!!
Old 09-10-06, 01:27 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

you mean you have seen a lot of white on black sc430 in your area? please take pics, i would love to see. when i got my sc430, i checked inventory (both here and across the ocean) for the whole US and there were non white on black sc430.

so far i have only seen one white on black sc430 on autotrader or so
Yeah, I've seen alot of white on blacks in my area. At the dealership, we narrowed our choices down to white/black or white/saddle. I liked the saddle better but she liked the black better. Ultimately, we picked the black interior since she was going to drive it mainly so I really didn't care which color really. I'll take pics soon for you Henry.
Old 09-10-06, 01:31 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Eggplant has got to be the rarest of the first set of colors. Sharp, though.
What's that look like? Never heard of it. Pics? BTW, checkout the Southwest forum. They're having a meet at the end of this month in Addison Circle. Would love to see another sc430 out there.
Old 09-10-06, 02:22 PM
scdroptop

Default Eggplant

Here is the eggplant color, or officially called by Lexus Twilight Amythest Pearl. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention another very rare color, I think they only made it in 2002: Midnight Pine Pearl, which is very dark hunter green.
Attached Images  
Old 09-10-06, 02:38 PM
scdroptop

Here is the Midnight Pine Pearl that is rare too...pretty color. Looks nice with the saddle interior.
Attached Thumbnails help me pic one !-image002.jpg  
Old 09-10-06, 03:12 PM
tfischer

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

The dark purple/eggplant/amythest and the dark green/pine whatever -- are nice colors, but look to be black from a distance.

I've seen a few, and they look pretty good with the ecru interior.

Way back in '99 and '01, Lexus had two of the SC430 models making the rounds of auto shows as a "concept car." Both of them were very close to the "amythest," but a little bit lighter.

I used to have some pictures, because I took some myself at the Chicago Auto Show, but they have been long since been downloaded onto a CD for storage. As predicted, the "concept car" was virtually identical in every respect, interior and exterior, to the '02 production version.

Quick Reply: help me pic one !