Recommendations for Bluetooth for 02 SC430

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-06, 05:12 PM
ssands1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations for Bluetooth for 02 SC430

Mates,

What's the latest recommendations on adding a bluetooth handsfree car kit to the 02 SC430.

Thanks

Steve
Old 09-12-06, 07:41 PM
tfischer

Received 223 Likes on 164 Posts

Don't go through too much trouble.

With the top down, you can't talk on the phone anyway.

With the top up, I use a Jabra bluetooth speakerphone that clips to the visor; it has a nice big speaker and a good mike, and I can move it from car to car. (I find the bluetooth headsets that hang on the ear are not loud enough, but that may be my crappy ears as much as anything else.)

Works for me.
Old 09-12-06, 08:13 PM
prex
Driver

Search archives for my previous posts regarding the Parrot Evolution kit, it works well. Let me know if any questions.
Old 09-13-06, 10:15 PM
mwitt
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the Parrot CK3100. They are about $150 off of EBay. I did what I will call a "simple" install. This means I did NOT tie the system into my stereo system. The Parrot system has this capability, but is super difficult to complete due to the amplifier/stereo wiring. I added a small but powerful speaker in the foot well of the passenger side. Microphone is installed near the overhead interior lights. The little controller for the system was placed over the little coin door on the center console. It was a pretty neat job if I do say so myself. With the top down and any speed above 15 mph, the microphone picks up too much wind noise and is unusable. With top up it works great.
Old 09-15-06, 10:02 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tfischer
Don't go through too much trouble.

With the top down, you can't talk on the phone anyway.
Well, I can't speak for aftermarket bluetooth systems but on the oem bluetooth I can talk on the phone clearly w/the top down driving around 70 mph as long as I have the windows rolled up. Hope that helps!
Old 09-15-06, 11:22 AM
tfischer

Well, right there is the problem.

I never go as slow as 70 with the top down.

Actually, I have a problem on the phone with the top down because my phone (Razr) is not all that loud and my hearing is not all that good. Put the top down, and phone calls are just out of the question for me.
Old 09-15-06, 11:36 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Well, right there is the problem.

I never go as slow as 70 with the top down.

Actually, I have a problem on the phone with the top down because my phone (Razr) is not all that loud and my hearing is not all that good. Put the top down, and phone calls are just out of the question for me.
LOL, 70's normal for me. You must have an older Razr b/c my gf has one of the newer versions & she talks fine on the Razr regardless using Bluetooth or not.

Last edited by Yeah!; 09-15-06 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-15-06, 11:41 AM
tfischer

I've got one of the first Razr phones; I've had it for years and love it. However, I noticed when I got it that the volume was a little low, and the speaker has to be held in the right spot on your ear, because it is so small. I read that there are some utilities and patches that can raise the default volume, but I have never bothered to download them to the phone because, other than at 70 with the top down, it's not a big problem.

I have a nice phone and a nice car and a working TiVo. Life is good and I don't sweat the small stuff.

-- very often.
Old 09-15-06, 05:35 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

I have the HP Ipaq. I have syncronized it with the sc430's bluetooth. The microphone is kind of low with the top down. No one can understand me. However volume out of the speakers is very loud and I like seeing the call display on the nav screen instead of pulling my phone out all the time.

One problem I have is I can't syncronize or download the contact list on my Ipaq with the sc430's phone book. I think it is because my Ipaq contact list has to much info per entry, a couple of phone numbers per entry. It is outlook based. Any advice would be great
Thanks,

Last edited by camillian; 09-15-06 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-15-06, 06:11 PM
tfischer

My advise (advice) would be to stop trying to sink it. The water is probably causeing your problems.

Get some decent sync (syncronize) software and try that instead.
Old 09-15-06, 07:34 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

My advise (advice) would be to stop trying to sink it. The water is probably causeing your problems.

Ha Ha
Very good, give me a break will you?
It has been a long week, anyway corrections made for you.

Last edited by camillian; 09-15-06 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-16-06, 12:16 AM
prex
Driver

synchronize!

Most of the time I care more about spelling than I do about my car ...
Old 09-16-06, 07:52 AM
egoldy
Driver School Candidate

Default Parrot

I put the Parrot SK 3100 in my car too..

Works well with top up.

When the top is down, you can hear them well, but the wind is too much for anyone to hear you.

I had it done professional and them link it into the speakers -- works very well.

Eric
Old 09-21-06, 04:51 PM
Driver School Candidate

Yes, the Parrot 3100 or 3200 is the way to go. I was in the beta test for the new Quick Connect Harness which is a piece of cake to install. The product is now being called the QCJBL-1 and can be found here: www.parrotkits.com/donotcut.html
Old 10-16-06, 04:57 PM
RX300Scott
Driver School Candidate

I've just bought the CK3100 and intend to buy the quick-connect harness. How difficult was it to integrate with the existing speakers?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Recommendations for Bluetooth for 02 SC430