SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Teaser pics...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-06, 07:59 AM
GEE-BEE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels

My point was why put cheap wheels on a 60K Auto.....

I sometimes go to people houses that are the 500 k range and they spend 10K on on cheap furniture for the house
Old 09-17-06, 08:00 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yeah!
Was that sarcasm?
Old 09-17-06, 09:09 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by camillian
Mark's car still looks like one of the best out there. Those Amistad typr R's are still my favorite, but even with them my 06 still doesnt look as good as Marks. I have lowered it with the Tein cs and am waiting for the LX-mode front lip.

I think it could be the full body kit.
No reason why yours won't look just as good
Old 09-17-06, 10:34 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Mark's car still looks like one of the best out there. Those Amistad typr R's are still my favorite, but even with them my 06 still doesnt look as good as Marks. I have lowered it with the Tein cs and am waiting for the LX-mode front lip.

I think it could be the full body kit.
Mario, thanks for the kind comments. I agree with Andrew (LexArazzo), your car will look pretty darn sick after its complete.
Old 09-17-06, 01:34 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GEE-BEE
My point was why put cheap wheels on a 60K Auto.....

I sometimes go to people houses that are the 500 k range and they spend 10K on on cheap furniture for the house
LOL, I think you're ignorant & a snob. I'm not saying my wheels are cheap (at least they're not to me ) but justifying the cost of wheels should be what you're willing to pay. I'm sure there are owners out there that can afford $4k+ wheels but some just don't think it's worth it. If an sc430 owner buys a $1000 set of 20" wheels & he's happy w/it, shouldn't that what matters the most?

Then again what do I know? Opinions are like a$$holes...everyone has one!

I agree both of Mark's wheels look hot!

Mario, when's the new lip suppose to be here? I'd like to see it on a white sc430 for the obvious reason!

Ok, I give in ...here are the pics:

front:

rear:

iForged Daytona - anthracite (glossy gun metal)
20x8.5 - 245/35/20 &
20x10.5 - 285/30/20
Old 09-17-06, 02:34 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Wow nice wheels . Good thing you went with the 20"s. What tires are you going with? I have the ps2's and they are great.
The lx-mode lip that Gee Bee and I received was for an 02 to 05. They say the replacement is going to be air shipped, but it has to be made first.

Just wait and see I guess
Old 09-17-06, 04:29 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Wow nice wheels . Good thing you went with the 20"s. What tires are you going with? I have the ps2's and they are great.
The lx-mode lip that Gee Bee and I received was for an 02 to 05. They say the replacement is going to be air shipped, but it has to be made first.

Just wait and see I guess
Thx!

Yeah, I decided to go w/20's after seeing a couple sc430's w/19's in person. I'm going w/Toyo T1-R's. I know some peeps don't like Toyo's but I've had them in the past & like them. Nice choice w/the PS2's.

Looking forward to the LX-Mode lip pics! That's my 2nd choice right after the Wald front lip (if only they made an 06' version ). Are you getting another manufacturer's side skirts & rear lip to go along w/the front lip? I'm reluctant getting side skirts after hearing it's much harder to clear the lifts for an oil change at the dealership.
Old 09-18-06, 12:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

congrats

just curious, seems like the flash told a lot of hidden lies. seems like there are a lot of fine scratches on the lips already?
Old 09-18-06, 06:35 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
congrats

just curious, seems like the flash told a lot of hidden lies. seems like there are a lot of fine scratches on the lips already?
it looks like a protective cover around the lips. kinda like the clear blue one you see on most jdm wheels.
Old 09-18-06, 08:14 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by car_lost
it looks like a protective cover around the lips. kinda like the clear blue one you see on most jdm wheels.
You're 100% accurate.

Henry,
The boxes were left open like that for a couple days in my house before I took the pics (Call me lazy ). Once I clean it up & wax it, it won't look dirty anymore. Besides, I would've been all over iForged already if it had hairline scratches.
Old 09-18-06, 10:09 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Congrat on the new wheels.... I think Garcia has the same wheels in different finished. Lets see how these will look on the white SC!
Old 09-18-06, 10:31 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Congrat on the new wheels.... I think Garcia has the same wheels in different finished. Lets see how these will look on the white SC!
Thx Mark! Yeah, he has them in brushed aluminum I think.
Old 09-18-06, 10:39 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, Garcia2 has the Daytonas brushed aluminum and I've seen these in person several times already. they're straight spokes w/ solid lines providing the car w/ a clean and vibrant sharper appearance.

It would be interesting to see the gun-metal on your car's color, Yeah!.

Nice choice and happy modding w/ all your recent toys.
Old 09-18-06, 11:44 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by teeman3
yes, Garcia2 has the Daytonas brushed aluminum and I've seen these in person several times already. they're straight spokes w/ solid lines providing the car w/ a clean and vibrant sharper appearance.

It would be interesting to see the gun-metal on your car's color, Yeah!.

Nice choice and happy modding w/ all your recent toys.
Thx mang! Yeah, it's a hit or miss w/people regarding contrasting wheels. I fall into the hit category. My gf wanted some wheels that has the same color as her old 06' Infiniti M45 sport wheels. Anthracite (glossy gun metal) was the closes iForged had. It's a shade betwen those M45 sport wheels & the 06' sc430 oem wheels.
Old 09-23-06, 07:14 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

any pics of your car with the new wheels and the new Tein cs yet?

Quick Reply: Teaser pics...