4 things you hate about this car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-06, 08:04 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zgxl04
1) No ipod connection
2) No automatic trunk opening and closing to prevent fingertips. Even the Ford Expedition has this feature.
3) Have to reach back for seat belts
4) Have to walk longer distance since I have to park it far away from other cars to prevent door dings.
Excellent points especially #4!!
Old 10-15-06, 08:14 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexlaw,

Amen, my brother.

I like your sig statement cause that's how I feel about this car 365 days a year.

You gotta love it and live it up, huh?
Old 10-16-06, 08:32 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by teeman3
Lexlaw,

Amen, my brother.

I like your sig statement cause that's how I feel about this car 365 days a year.

You gotta love it and live it up, huh?
Listen man, I had a friend who had a CLK430 cab (you have no idea how bad I wanted one) and we would give him heat for driving around topless in December in NY. Dude would have his hoodie on and I swear I even thought he had gloves on one time. But now......I understand what he meant when he said the seats were heated and blowers regulating the air with hot air. I might be that fool this year. Don't Knock it until you try it. Call me BOY GONE WILD cause I'm going topless this year!!
Old 10-16-06, 10:57 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by zgxl04
1) No ipod connection
2) No automatic trunk opening and closing to prevent fingertips. Even the Ford Expedition has this feature.
3) Have to reach back for seat belts
4) Have to walk longer distance since I have to park it far away from other cars to prevent door dings.
I ditto that #4, though often I find someone has parked next to me even though I parked way out in Egypt and there are 20 spaced before my car. i guess they just want to park next to the SC.
Old 10-16-06, 12:11 PM
tfischer

Received 223 Likes on 164 Posts

Good move.

I've had the SC in black/ecru since April of '01 and have never had any regrets about the color choice.

Happy motoring.
Attached Thumbnails 4 things you hate about this car?-sidebyside-2-.jpg  

Last edited by tfischer; 10-16-06 at 12:16 PM. Reason: To add pic
Old 10-16-06, 12:11 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by whatmagame
I thought I'd regret getting a white sc instead of the black. However the black is growing on me because the chrome accents and contrast of the taillights make these more visible. The white also has more presence which I think makes the car look bloated. I'm glad I got it in black. I love the yellow wood and the white seats too. )))
Black looks good on this car. Only like it in black. I have black on black, plus you get to wash it more often. Kind of like a fat girl they look better wearing something black
Old 10-16-06, 07:20 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

i hate how the nav screen always opens when you start the car.. why cant it just stay hidden until I need it and then press open?
Nah man I don't know about that one. I love the Nav screen opening up at launch. The way the Lexus logo pops on the screen looks hot. Always gets attention from other occupants. Plus it makes me feel good about paying this note.
Old 10-16-06, 07:39 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

i hate how the nav screen always opens when you start the car.. why cant it just stay hidden until I need it and then press open?
Uhm I'm pretty sure mine stays closed until I press the open button
Old 10-16-06, 07:54 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

I don't know about pre-06' but in ours, all you have to do is:

When the car's on & the nav screen is open, just hit the close button then next time you turn on the car, it won't open automatically.
Old 10-16-06, 07:57 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

My NAV screen door always stay closed until I press to open it too. Actually, I haven't even used the NAV for quite a while now . . .
Old 10-16-06, 08:10 PM
tfischer

Received 223 Likes on 164 Posts

In my '02, the Nav screen door will revert to the position it was in when the car was stopped.

To keep it closed, simply press "Close" before stopping the engine. It will stay closed for months at a time until you press "Open."
Old 10-17-06, 02:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
I ditto that #4, though often I find someone has parked next to me even though I parked way out in Egypt and there are 20 spaced before my car. i guess they just want to park next to the SC.
haha and i thought that only happens to me
Old 10-17-06, 02:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
In my '02, the Nav screen door will revert to the position it was in when the car was stopped.

To keep it closed, simply press "Close" before stopping the engine. It will stay closed for months at a time until you press "Open."
correct, the nav door will go back to the "previous" position. so you don't want i open when you start the car? close it before you shut it off
Old 10-25-06, 05:49 PM
ronpepper2
Driver School Candidate

Is there such a thing like a computer chip where as you can adjust the transmission ship points. Even in power mode my SC 430 shifts too fast out of 1st gear.
Old 10-25-06, 06:17 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ronpepper2
Is there such a thing like a computer chip where as you can adjust the transmission ship points. Even in power mode my SC 430 shifts too fast out of 1st gear.
Nope. Only solution is to manually place the car in first and row through the cars. A hassle for some, more enjoyment for others.

Quick Reply: 4 things you hate about this car?