SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Nascal Sc2 !!! Is Coming

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-06, 08:05 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After Arpil 15, 2007 is good for me, too.

Mmaloy, maybe either the 2nd to the last weekend of April or that last weekend of April.

I know that the weather will be very very nice in Monterey.
Old 01-01-07, 10:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i have to ask. is there any chance that this can go to may instead of april, say 2nd week of may?
Old 01-01-07, 02:01 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i have to ask. is there any chance that this can go to may instead of april, say 2nd week of may?
Works for me.
Old 01-01-07, 05:20 PM
mybadsc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey...we would love to go!! only 2.5 hours away...is there a set date??
Old 01-01-07, 06:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Works for me.
words just came in that aprl and first week of may might not work for me
Old 01-01-07, 07:45 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Let's shoot for mid May on a Saturday then.
No set date and time yet.
Just getting a feeler of everyone's input.

once, we narrow down a couple of dates, I'll consult w/ Mmaloy and do a poll vote of those 2 dates and see which one has the most popular votes.

There's still plenty of time and we'll need all the time in the world to make this event a most memorable experience for you SC430's who would love to join us.

mmaloy, what do u think?

Last edited by martini3; 01-01-07 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-01-07, 10:35 PM
mmaloy
Driver

Default Nascal Sc2 Dates

The two official sets of dates up for vote are as follows: April 28th-29th OR: May 12th-13th.

There will be activities on both days (Sat and Sun). Saturday will consist of a breakfast, then the "Pebble Beach Drive" (more specifics on this to come), and then a nice dinner on Cannery Row, that for now is looking to be at "The Chart House". Then Sunday, for those who can make it, The Monterey Bay Aquarium, and a nice short drive to a TBA Monterey Winery for another photo-op and some wine tasting where the meet will rap up. Most of the SolCal crew will be staying overnight as discussed at the Queen Mary Mini-Meet. We hope the NorCal crew will do the same and join in for all the festivities!!! And that goes for any SC430 folks that would like to participate! (like folks in Texas).

If you have a preference on the before mentioned sets of dates, now is the time to chime in! I will announce the final dates once the votes are in and TEEMAN and I are in agreement for what works the best for "SolCal" and "NorCal" together. Sound cool everybody?
Old 01-02-07, 01:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

mike and tee, for me it's definitely 5/12-13. some important news came to me this weekend and i will probably be out of country for couple of weeks in apr, that's why april is bad for me sorry about the trouble.

definitely see what everyone thinks. bottom line is this is going to be a HUGE sc430 meet. i can already see mike and tee working hard!!
Old 01-02-07, 12:17 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
mike and tee, for me it's definitely 5/12-13. some important news came to me this weekend and i will probably be out of country for couple of weeks in apr, that's why april is bad for me sorry about the trouble.

definitely see what everyone thinks. bottom line is this is going to be a HUGE sc430 meet. i can already see mike and tee working hard!!
Henry, don't worry if you can't make it I will drive your SC up while my wife and baby can drive our SC to the meet. hahaha
Old 01-03-07, 02:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Henry, don't worry if you can't make it I will drive your SC up while my wife and baby can drive our SC to the meet. hahaha
ah, a very good reason why i need to lock my car in the garage!
Old 01-16-07, 11:08 AM
karmann
Rookie

Default From Oregon, ready to join meet

I would like to join you, coming from Eugene, Oregon. Have a champagne 05 My car is unique in that instead of going with bigger wheels I went with l7's from a GS 300 so maybe I will be shunned. But for me it made the car. I now feel like I am driving a Lexus as it is really quiet with a smooth ride and for driving on the street wont miss the higher handling limits. Sorry I dont have any pictures but to me the 9 spoke wheels slim the car looks and I like it. I always loved the car and still do but much happier with the looks ride and quietness. It sounds like I have a new stereo. Plus I am looking forward to see what it does to the gas mileage.
Old 01-16-07, 01:30 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Ahhh, very unique color to be sure. I welcome your presence at this momentous event and look forward to meeting both the car and yourself. The meet is not only for mod'd cars as most SC430 owners do not mod much if at all. It is a gathering for those with special taste and the willingness to just get away and enjoy some beautiful country with good people.

I have attended many car shows/meets in the past and must say that this crowd stands out on many levels.

Besides for those with stock cars, this is the perfect opportunity to see some of the modifications you have read about but wanted more information on before making the plunge. Stock cars are very welcome.
Old 01-16-07, 01:54 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Karmann,

Warm Welcome to CL. I'll add you to the May list in the other NASCAL SC2 thread. Your color will definitely stand out and get some attention.

thanks...teeman3

Last edited by martini3; 01-16-07 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-16-07, 06:55 PM
mybadsc
Driver School Candidate

Karmann, You will not be alone..I too have a champagne SC with only a few mods... look forward to not being alone.

Wayne
Old 01-16-07, 08:55 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can we merge this thread with the other one so I don't have to keep jumping back and forth? I'm just lazy like that. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Nascal Sc2 !!! Is Coming