SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Nascal Sc2 !!! Is Coming

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-06, 11:47 PM
mmaloy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nascal Sc2 !!! Is Coming

OK Folks! It's begun! I am officially announcing the Northern and Southern California SC430 2nd annual meet. "NASCAL SC2". We are putting together the events/details of the meet now and what I can say is that it will take place in Monterey CA, and will include the highlights this location has to offer us such as the SC430 significant "17 Mile Drive" at Pebble Beach, the way cool-to-cruise "Cannerey Row", the fish friendly "Monterey Bay Aquarium" and of course the spectacular views of the peninsula. All the details are not set in stone yet but we are shooting for April 28th & 29th '07(Sat. and Sun.) Hopefully everyone can do an over-nighter to maximize the fun!

The Great TEEMAN will be handling the NorCal crew and I will make my first shot at bringin' the SolCal crew to the festivities.

With the retirement of our fearless and honored leader Henry (rominl) we need to do him proud and keep the tradition going. I know with such a great group of people that share the passion for this awesome piece of engineering, (and with the excitement of looking forward to what TEEMAN has up his sleeve) that no matter what happens, we will make it a fun event to be remembered.

We'll keep everyone updated on the planning progress, so start getting your coolest mod's together and dress your topless baby to impress.

Anybody game?
Old 09-29-06, 01:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lol, i am retiring but i am not dying just like the EOS i am still providing as much help as need to continue the tradition

it's obvious that my passion is in the sc430 so i will do what i can to support this for sure. of course it's all about my wife since she's driving the car most of the time but i think monterey is a great idea!!

anything i can do to help, i am here

so, the target this time is 20 cars?
Old 09-29-06, 09:32 AM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, it's not just limited to Californians of course. We welcome all if you don't mind the drive.

Man, this is going to be sooooo much fun. Oh and sorry to Mark and Henry. Finances dictate that I keep my car a bit longer so the parts stay with me

20+ SCs strong is definitely a goal.

Dan
Old 09-29-06, 10:00 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

April is right around the corner. Looking forward to it.
Lee
Old 09-29-06, 11:08 AM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Wow this sound like a plan.. I don't know about the other guys but I'll probably be doing an Ironman and will leave and be back on the same day. I love roadtrips and Monterey isn't that far (about 5 hrs).
Old 09-29-06, 09:30 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

i guess i better start the repair process

Last edited by DPRSupra; 10-12-06 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-30-06, 01:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Dan_K
Also, it's not just limited to Californians of course. We welcome all if you don't mind the drive.

Man, this is going to be sooooo much fun. Oh and sorry to Mark and Henry. Finances dictate that I keep my car a bit longer so the parts stay with me

20+ SCs strong is definitely a goal.

Dan
lol, if we have the choice, i am sure we'd rather have you stay in the family
Old 09-30-06, 12:29 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Wow, its only a 2 day 3 hour drive for me. We dont have enough SCs on the east coast to warrant a get together.
Old 09-30-06, 01:23 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, if we have the choice, i am sure we'd rather have you stay in the family
Thanks. You're too nice.

Dan
Old 09-30-06, 01:24 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sc430blue
Wow, its only a 2 day 3 hour drive for me. We dont have enough SCs on the east coast to warrant a get together.
OK cool. So we'll see you there.

Dan
Old 09-30-06, 01:52 PM
mmaloy
Driver

Default Vrooom Vrooom?

So how'd the exhaust mod go Dan? Are we "rumbling" yet?
Old 09-30-06, 01:54 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dan_K
OK cool. So we'll see you there.

Dan

I could stay with CL members across the US and make a thread out of it. How bout "Wow, I didnt think it was that far......"

Last edited by sc430blue; 09-30-06 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-30-06, 02:02 PM
mmaloy
Driver

Default Road Trip!

I could stay with CL member across the US and make a thread out of it. How bout "Wow, I didnt think it was that far......"
That would be sooooooo cool! You could upload daily video diaries and give us progress reports of what people in Sphyngter Idaho say when they see their first SC430. Or anything other than a Chevy or Ford pick-up for that matter.

Mike
Old 09-30-06, 02:10 PM
GEE-BEE
Pole Position

Default Nascal

Iam going......
Old 09-30-06, 04:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

that would be AWESOME weny!!!!!!! definitely a big big trip for you, but if we have the honor to meet with out of state members and also see your sick tt sc430, everything is worth it!!!!

just last weekend we had the largest lexus meet here in norcal as well with 130 cars, and two members drove all the way to AZ. such a pleasure to meet with them.

depending on outcome, if we have enough cars i think we should push for lexus corp

my vision behind the all sc430 meet is very different from the other lexus meet. what i want to promote is lifestyle, class, and family. not just about cars and what you have on it. on that page i think it's very close to what lexus thinks. and from the outcome of the first all sc430 meet? all i saw was top class people

Quick Reply: Nascal Sc2 !!! Is Coming