Why, is something wrong with this?
LOL, looks very familiar and love the griffin emblem as well
Old 11-07-06, 12:08 AM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by petergerst
Hi there,
I'd love to purchase from you. I think the hardest part would be trying to find a good installer near me. I called a couple places and couldn't find someone who would do the installation if the product was purhcased elsewhere. I live in northern New Jersey/New York City area. I called a couple of the recommended XPel installers from the Xpel website and they told me "we're not just installing anymore", ie. that is, unless you don't purchase from them also. I think I might try calling a few more dealers and see if I get the same response. Any bright ideas?
If i were you, I'd definitely get the clear bra, especially with your expensive car! I've posted pictures here of the clear bra on my car:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=247524

I'd give you some of my contacts, but unfortunately, you're not in CA. Good luck though!
Old 11-07-06, 02:24 PM
petergerst
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't written back to this thread in quite some time-
I purchased my '04 green/saddle sc430 certified from lexus a year ago with about 1 1/2 years of road wear (approximately 15,000 miles). Fast forward a year and I have A LOT of rock chips. Quite honestly, I'm not certain how many of those little chips were there when I bought it, but it's seriously depressing to see how it's only going to get worse. I'm having a repair done on my left front quarter panel and bumper. Their insurance company will pick up the cost for this. I'm going to kick in approximately $500 at a high end shop to have the hood repainted/rock chips removed all at the same time. I figure it'll all be painted at once and will probably yield a better result. I priced out the clear bra options. It's going to be about $800 for the precut kits/with installation or about $1000-$1200 for a custom wrapping/installation of protection tape for the bumper/hood. I'm moving out of new york city in a few weeks and won't touch the car til I get out. I figure I'll finally be able to care for the car out in the suburbs and want a fresh start. Still not sure if I'm going to actually going to pay $800-1200 for the clear bra. I might just end up more compulsive about every little chip since then I really will have to live with the hood's appearance (can't repaint hood once put tape on). The alternative is make a fresh start ($500 investment to paint hood when State Farm covers painting of the bumper), then just get the hood repainted in a few years if it ever really gets bad again. I think spending a total of $1500 on the car just for preventive maintenance is kind of ridiculous. Anybody have a compromise idea out there? maybe a precut kit for just the hood/bumper that maybe I put on myself? or anybody heard about some kind of spray that can give paint added protection (I think I once saw someone post something on this site about that)? I need some kind of compromise.