SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Top Reasons why the LEXUS SC430 Forum is dead????

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-06, 09:11 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Last I visited there, 90+% of the threads were about problems the cars were experiencing and dealer experience.

Plus, this forum is what you make of it.
Most that come here just lurk. Once in a while I get a PM for something which is fine as I try to help. Rarely do people post because SC430's owners are smarter than GS400's/SC400/300 owners since they SEARCH before posting. j/k, . I owned all 3. Seriously, most SC430 owners are much older than other model Lexus's. Take the 2006 SC430 I meet and compare it to other Lexus meets.
As stated they generally do not mod there car and are looking for other items such as leather care, paint finish, run flats ride,etc.... They would never consider headers, suspension mods, exhaust, superchargers,etc....
Just my .02.
You must've visited when the car had just come out then, a few years ago.

I'd know what goes on in the AMG forums, I'm an admin there.

Parts price should not be a concern.
It's not about the money, it's about the principal. That's why folks haggle prices down on custom rims, why waste money?
Old 10-06-06, 09:25 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I would respond to the mbworld postings but it would continual the off subject issue. Those interested can jump over there if they like and look at the threads if they had the time.

But to continue on subject, not many people mod CLK430's either which would be the so-called competitor to the SC430. They are not really meant to be mod'd like a real sports car such as a Porsche, Corvette,etc.... Even AMG.
Old 10-06-06, 09:28 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

CLK430 is the competitor to the SC? Whoa, I thought the SL was.

But anyways, I know lots of folks that mod both the W208 (old CLK) and the 'new' W209 (new CLK). You just have to look at the forums for more than a minute. You'll see guys like LowRyder with custom wide body kits for his W208 or Firsco with lots of subtle mods like deck lids, rims, and lights for his W209.

Don't worry about being off topic, that's what discussion is all about. We're still relatively on topic.

I'm surprised you put AMG in the category as 'real sports car'
Old 10-06-06, 09:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
That's less of an hp issue, more of a tranny issue.
Are you driving in sport mode / power mode?

I have an LS430 which is the exact same as the SC430 and I have no trouble passing folks (unless it's the Mercedes AMG's or V12's)
see, that's why you have a 05 ls430. it's the throttle response mapping, the 5 speed auto mapping is pretty "slow"

Originally Posted by FunGuy
Okay, I've been reading high traffic forums like: Acurazine, acura-legend.com, 2nd Gen gs, g35 driver; The reason why those forums are so busy is because of the prodigous amount of problems that arise from the ownership of that vehicle and buyer regrets. This sounds completely opposite from the SC430 Forum. Therefore, in conclusion, nothing to talk about due to the trouble freeness and satisfied ownerships of these elite vehicles.
there are "a lot of" problems in the 2gs forum? umm, ic...

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
perhaps if you see the number of SC sold in the North America (assuming most CL members are from this region), and the intended target age group of this car (who most likely are not interested on aftermarket enhancement). I am not surprised SC430 Forum is not generating high traffic.

As to expensive parts comment, I think if you can afford such car. Parts price should not be a concern.
very well said, mark. one just can't expect to see a lot of traffic on the sc430, since it's not a "common" car out there comparing to gs, g35, etc... most people on sc430 just don't mod the sc430

that's pretty much all i can say about this thread
Old 10-06-06, 09:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

CLK430 is the competitor to the SC? Whoa, I thought the SL was.

But anyways, I know lots of folks that mod both the W208 (old CLK) and the 'new' W209 (new CLK). You just have to look at the forums for more than a minute. You'll see guys like LowRyder with custom wide body kits for his W208 or Firsco with lots of subtle mods like deck lids, rims, and lights for his W209.

Don't worry about being off topic, that's what discussion is all about. We're still relatively on topic.

I'm surprised you put AMG in the category as 'real sports car'
honestly, i wouldn't even put the sl in the same class / league as the sc430. i compare the two coz' i thought about getting a sl500 used myself. but new to new? no way, the sl is a step up, at least
Old 10-06-06, 09:36 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

SC430 doesn't have the 6speed yet?

SC430 is a step up to the SL, but another member says it's compared to the CLK? You've confused me Rominl.
Old 10-06-06, 09:38 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Again off topic, but yes, the CLK and SC430 are considered competitors in the market place. In reality there is very little to compare and the SC430 is more of a SL competitor. I considered all of them prior to the SC purchase. I still like the SL series.
Old 10-06-06, 09:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

SC430 doesn't have the 6speed yet?

SC430 is a step up to the SL, but another member says it's compared to the CLK? You've confused me Rominl.
sc430 has 6 speed since 05. but OP has 02, 5 speed. huge difference

?? read my post again ricky i said the sl is a step up
Old 10-06-06, 09:52 AM
margaux01
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought SC430 has 6 speed only since the 06 model year?
Old 10-06-06, 09:55 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Yes, correct
Old 10-06-06, 10:09 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Again off topic, but yes, the CLK and SC430 are considered competitors in the market place. In reality there is very little to compare and the SC430 is more of a SL competitor. I considered all of them prior to the SC purchase. I still like the SL series.
I feel the sc430 should be in the same class as the CLK but when you go and do car research at edmunds, KBB, consumer reports and car and driver, they tend to catagorize the SC with the MB SL primarily just because of the flagships of the two corporations and of coarse, anyone that is looking for a high end retractable-hardtop roadster.
Old 10-06-06, 10:14 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I personally think it's dead because most people that purchase a SC 430 is the same people that buy the ES 330\350. Most of them are not car enthusiast!
Old 10-06-06, 10:16 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

I think the SC430 is an in-between, it competes in price range with the CLK500 cab, but it's actually a class up of the C-class-based CLK, but it's below the SL mostly due to the lack of a more sophisticated suspension (IMO) found in the Active Body Control of the SL, & of course the higher hp V12 & AMG versions.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 10-06-06 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-06-06, 10:21 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusChris
I personally think it's dead because most people that purchase a SC 430 is the same people that buy the ES 330\350. Most of them are not car enthusiast!
Thats true but then again the enthusiast that live in this forum dont have much to talk about.
Old 10-06-06, 12:53 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one more thing, I would rather see SC430 stay low traffic anyways except for Quality posts - i.e. the stuff and information post by the forum moderator and Pearlpower, etc. .... (just to stay the class that it supposed to be) instead of other sub group on CL (which I don't post much over there) because you will start to see something not very tasteful..... I think Henry knows what I mean...

Quick Reply: Top Reasons why the LEXUS SC430 Forum is dead????