SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Top Reasons why the LEXUS SC430 Forum is dead????

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-06, 01:19 PM
margaux01
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexusChris
I personally think it's dead because most people that purchase a SC 430 is the same people that buy the ES 330\350. Most of them are not car enthusiast!
I have never owned an ES330\350 nor interested in getting one. Compared to a lot of you guys I can't call myself a car enthusiast. I just love beautiful things and the SC430 is one of the most beautiful cars out there. Actually after owning the SC, it got me to pay more attention to other cars (SC competitors) on the streets.

I don't think this forum is dead. I love it. I belong to one of those slightly 'older' crowds and honestly I don't mod car, lack the skill and don't know guys who are good at it but I enjoy chatting about this classy car. I also learn a lot about this car from you guys, not to mention the many valuable advices.
Long live the SC430 and this forum!!
Old 10-06-06, 03:40 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

rominl, my bad, I can't read today.
Old 10-06-06, 03:47 PM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, I just have to join in on this one...

The bottom line here is that SC430 guys (I would say Lexus guys in general) are not car enthusiast. There are a few of us here that do not follow that statment and they account for probably 70% of all the posts. The rest are just curious car owners.

The last couple of cars that I've owned have been real car enthusiast cars (Mr2 and an Mcoupe). Those boards were always entertaining and sometimes frustrating. The car enthusiast guys are really only concerned about one thing.. Speed. If its not making you faster, than its not helping. Dyno charts, grudge racing, track times.. is the only thing they respond to. The age of the owners kept going down as the cars got cheaper and the type of mod's that people talked about got cheesier. But the one thing that remained was "speed". Keep in mind that its only the enthusiasts that care about speed that are the most spoken...

So even if the cars get cheaper and the owners get younger, the SC will still not appeal to the speed only type. Which is both good and not good. I actually like the fact that people on this board can appreciate a good set of wheels, even if they are heavier than stock and will slow my car down. I also like seeing cars that are all about the looks and what the ladies think about them. But I do miss hearing about people putting turbos and SCs on their cars and reading about how people are trying to get another 10hp out of thier engines...

But good or bad, I love my Sc. I do want to read and talk about it more but I guess, I'll take what I can get...
Old 10-06-06, 05:09 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

To me the SC430 is an enigma. It doesn't have a real place, a real purpose, a real category, a real competitor, a real target audience....it is an enigma. I think Lexus missed the boat on the car. It has been a success but could have been more so. Is it possible Lexus didn't want it to be too successful?

I like that it's a coupe, it's very stylish, it exudes quality and is reliable.
I don't like that it doesn't have enough room for me or big guys, isn't sleek enough or sporty enough. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. I guess it is a grand tourer and that's all. An expensive grand tourer.
I tried sitting in it 5 or 6 times. I really wanted to get one. There was no other Lex coupe and I wanted another Lexus. I was forced to get the G35. I could not fit in the 430. I believe many athletes would buy this car if they could fit in it. There are so many used ones sitting on lots because the thing is too small. I just don't understand what the Lexus engineers were trying to accomplish.
The SC430 forum just lacks numbers. There's not many people who own one. Mostly women and older folks who have them won't surf the CL site. Not much we can do about it, the car is just too small inside.
Old 10-06-06, 05:18 PM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, all this time I thought this forum was dead, but I was wrong, it was just full of browsers who pretty much browsed for new topics to read about and left. Creating this thread upsetted so many Sc owners. LOL, at least I found you guys. THought all of the CL SC owners fell off the face of the earth for a while but getting so many response now I know you guys are just to sophisicated to mod.
Old 10-06-06, 06:50 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

There is a difference between creating a thread to cause trouble and another to contribute to the community.
Old 10-06-06, 07:07 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
There is a difference between creating a thread to cause trouble and another to contribute to the community.
I personally think all threads can contribute to the community. Depends on your perspective.
Old 10-07-06, 01:13 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Hey there buddy, didn't mean to cause trouble, if you read correctly, I found it amusing how much hindrance this innocent thread stirred up. Never meant to be a menace...
Old 10-07-06, 01:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by whatmagame
Yea its not a womans car.. Im 22 but I look younger than my age probably like 17 18. I drive around my town which isnt that rich top less. I have all those older folks who have bumpers stickers on they're POS cars always trying to cut me off or follow me closly. This morning some guy did that and i threw a gatorade hard at his door it was great
i usually don't drop the rock on people, and honestly i don't really care much about the content in this thread. but i have to respond to your post. you think what you did was cool? i guess so, from your smiley.

to me it's a real shame on what you did, and it's nothing but a clear demonstration of how childish and silly you are. i hope you will grow up some day and realize how you have disgraced yourself, in and out of this forum.
Old 10-07-06, 02:34 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
i usually don't drop the rock on people, and honestly i don't really care much about the content in this thread. but i have to respond to your post. you think what you did was cool? i guess so, from your smiley.

to me it's a real shame on what you did, and it's nothing but a clear demonstration of how childish and silly you are. i hope you will grow up some day and realize how you have disgraced yourself, in and out of this forum.
LOL, that is pretty messed up actually. I thought that was how New Yorkers behaved? Here in cali, you get shot for that kind of stuff.
Old 10-07-06, 03:33 AM
JTMav
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FunGuy
LOL, that is pretty messed up actually. I thought that was how New Yorkers behaved? Here in cali, you get shot for that kind of stuff.
I didn't think you could get internet access from inside a middle school
JTMav
Old 10-07-06, 02:39 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree with Henry. I'm sure you've had your times when you "cut (someone) off or followed (someone) closely." If they threw something at you car then, how would you have reacted to that? I always thought SC drivers were a bit more mature than that.

I am sorry but this thread is way to negative. In fact, of the top ten non-sticky posts at the time of this post, four are bashing the SC in some way. We own an exclusive automobile; love it or hate it. Like Lee stated earlier, constructive contributions. Time to close the thread?

Last edited by Dan_K; 10-07-06 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-07-06, 09:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

whatmagame, let me ask you this
1) do you see any sc430 or anything remotely related to sc430 in the video?
2) do you see anything about that link that has the slightest connection to the context of this thread?

please learn how to make a thread or post in the right forum on clublexus. we take it very seriou about OT topics. you have already had similar violations before and were warned. let's make this the last one or we will take further actions.
Old 10-08-06, 06:49 AM
camillian
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought no good could come out of this thread. That's why in the second post in this thread i said I thought this was not a good idea.
Old 10-08-06, 11:18 AM
mmaloy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are we done yet?

Henry,

Make this thread go away.......now would be good. "Luke, use the force".

Quick Reply: Top Reasons why the LEXUS SC430 Forum is dead????