SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Top Reasons why the LEXUS SC430 Forum is dead????

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-06, 12:21 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Top Reasons why the LEXUS SC430 Forum is dead????

Does Anyone know the Top Reasons why the LEXUS SC430 Forum is dead?

See if anyone here agrees with me.

1. Lack of aftermarket modification parts
2. SC430 too Expensive? (most expensive stock Lexus)
3. Modifications too expensive!
4. Not many SC430 enthusiasts out there
5. SC430 is a womans car
Old 10-06-06, 05:33 AM
camillian
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Offense FunGuy, but I don't think this is a good thread for us or for any visitors to this forum to see. Most of the points you have mentioned have made this car exclusive to us and kept it fresh looking and desireable.
Old 10-06-06, 06:09 AM
sc430mike
Pole Position

I hate those womens car comments.
Old 10-06-06, 06:31 AM
Samanator
Rookie

Let's try:

1. The car is so perfect and well equipped that there is very little that needs to be changed, modified or complained about.
2. The car is so reasonably priced compared to its (supposed) competition that everyone is out enjoying the extra money they saved.
3. Limited production means limited owners meaning you don't see one everyday like the six silver SLK's on my 2.3 mile commute to work (in South FL).
4. Personally I like women so if they want to drive an SC430 also that’s cool with me.

Maybe the positive approach would lure more people instead of this negative attitude.

In addition no one had referred me to this site. I found it by accident. Refer a friend.
Old 10-06-06, 07:05 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Samanator
Let's try:

1. The car is so perfect and well equipped that there is very little that needs to be changed, modified or complained about.
2. The car is so reasonably priced compared to its (supposed) competition that everyone is out enjoying the extra money they saved.
3. Limited production means limited owners meaning you don't see one everyday like the six silver SLK's on my 2.3 mile commute to work (in South FL).
4. Personally I like women so if they want to drive an SC430 also that’s cool with me.

Maybe the positive approach would lure more people instead of this negative attitude.

In addition no one had referred me to this site. I found it by accident. Refer a friend.
That is interesting about the women comment. I've found that women love this car. It is also a great car to buy used, "BIG BANG" for the buck I guess that also appys to the women comment . You don't pass yourself going down the road and the quality/luxury and dependablity is the best combination of any car in this class that you can buy.

Last edited by Max707; 10-06-06 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-06-06, 07:26 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

That's a first on hearing the SC430 is a woman's car. For years, and this is still talked about, the RX series, beginning with the RX300 was talked about as being a woman's car. When I confronted people who made this accusation, they claimed they would always see a woman driving the RX300.

Personally, I love the SC430, I knew someone down here with one and just saw one last weekend. Everytime I am fortunate enough (no Lexus in Mexico, they all come down from the U.S.) to see an SC430, I do not look at it, but rather look at the other drivers and passengers in other vehicles who look at it, and they are like WOW!.

I would figure there is plently talk about this beautiful vehicle.

Want to talk about lack of modifcations, talk about the RX300...I have had to make my own parts in many cases due to poor aftermarket performance coverage.
Old 10-06-06, 07:35 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We respect your opinion ...
Old 10-06-06, 07:45 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Remember, the SC430 are generally owned by the much older crowd who are not into modding like someone under 30 or whatever. The LS430 suffers from the same symptom (minus comment 5, replace woman with grandpa). Their forum isn't as as active as say the GS forum since it's not as afforable and the mods aren't cheap either. Be lucky your car is exclusive. I can't tell you how much it sucks to see a 2nd gen GS at least 5 times a day. I'm just another GS out there.
Old 10-06-06, 08:03 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by whatmagame
this car needs 40 more horses are maybe 60.. i dont like that it stalls a half second before getting power to pass a car.. :*(
That's less of an hp issue, more of a tranny issue.
Are you driving in sport mode / power mode?

I have an LS430 which is the exact same as the SC430 and I have no trouble passing folks (unless it's the Mercedes AMG's or V12's)
Old 10-06-06, 08:38 AM
KiPod
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FunGuy
1. Not as many aftermarket modification parts
2. You pay to play and get what you pay for
3. Modifications are always expensive
4. Not as many SC430 enthusiasts out there as there should be
5. No comment
I would love to have either a SC430 or an 05LS430. But there is no way I could afford these cars or modifications. These cars have such an elite feel about them. More so than any other Lexus, in my opinion. Anytime I see a modified SC or LS they draw me in. They are clean cars with clean lines. Most people just leave it at that. But for some, they see the canvas they have been waiting for.

that is all I have to say
Old 10-06-06, 08:51 AM
margaux01
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone said the SC430 is a woman car? Here in San Francisco, in my little corner I do seem to see slightly more women driving it than men but what the heck, women look good in it, men look cool in it, everybody looks great in it! This car never fails to impress the crowds
Old 10-06-06, 08:57 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay, I've been reading high traffic forums like: Acurazine, acura-legend.com, 2nd Gen gs, g35 driver; The reason why those forums are so busy is because of the prodigous amount of problems that arise from the ownership of that vehicle and buyer regrets. This sounds completely opposite from the SC430 Forum. Therefore, in conclusion, nothing to talk about due to the trouble freeness and satisfied ownerships of these elite vehicles.
Old 10-06-06, 08:58 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by FunGuy
Okay, I've been reading high traffic forums like: Acurazine, acura-legend.com, 2nd Gen gs, g35 driver; The reason why those forums are so busy is because of the prodigous amount of problems that arise from the ownership of that vehicle and buyer regrets. This sounds completely opposite from the SC430 Forum. Therefore, in conclusion, nothing to talk about due to the trouble freeness and satisfied ownerships of these elite vehicles.
Makes sense, but if you look at the W211 AMG forums at mbworld.org, most of the threads there are about modifications.
Old 10-06-06, 09:04 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Makes sense, but if you look at the W211 AMG forums at mbworld.org, most of the threads there are about modifications.
Last I visited there, 90+% of the threads were about problems the cars were experiencing and dealer experience.

Plus, this forum is what you make of it.
Most that come here just lurk. Once in a while I get a PM for something which is fine as I try to help. Rarely do people post because SC430's owners are smarter than GS400's/SC400/300 owners since they SEARCH before posting. j/k, . I owned all 3. Seriously, most SC430 owners are much older than other model Lexus's. Take the 2006 SC430 I meet and compare it to other Lexus meets.
As stated they generally do not mod there car and are looking for other items such as leather care, paint finish, run flats ride,etc.... They would never consider headers, suspension mods, exhaust, superchargers,etc....
Just my .02.

There are a few sides I think:
1)
Now that this car is depreciating to the 30k level, more and more are taking advantage and picking them up. The problem is when a car reaches a certain level and then every other kid in town is able to get one and then screw it up by not being able to maintain the car. Take the SC300/400 forum and the GS400 forum is getting there quick as well. Not bashing on anyone, just stating the facts. Yes, there are some good post over there, but cluttered in a mess of senseless/duplicate posts as well. Now go over the GS470 forum. Look familiar? More sophisticated crowd?

2) The car is great as is and is not a Chevy which beckons modding.

3) Depends on what someone is looking for in a forum. Funguy, you are looking for performance mods. Not everyone out there is.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 10-06-06 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-06-06, 09:08 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

perhaps if you see the number of SC sold in the North America (assuming most CL members are from this region), and the intended target age group of this car (who most likely are not interested on aftermarket enhancement). I am not surprised SC430 Forum is not generating high traffic.

As to expensive parts comment, I think if you can afford such car. Parts price should not be a concern.

Quick Reply: Top Reasons why the LEXUS SC430 Forum is dead????