SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

LS or SC?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-06, 10:29 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually, wife and I are thinking about trading in our SC for LS (at least she has been telling me to do it) since we just don't drive the SC much. Maybe I should look for a house with 3 bay garages first.... sigh~ damn Lexus, keep coming with nice car....
Old 11-03-06, 11:07 AM
Eritsuke
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like a car where I can carry everyone around in without having to push up my seat. When I test drove both of them, one right after the other, I had to get my LS. All I know was that when I went to the dealership, I wanted a 430 something, that was top of the line, the top of the line sedan was an LS and the only coupe was the SC. That's how I made my decision. I want to see the redesigned one too.
Old 11-03-06, 11:09 AM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
actually, wife and I are thinking about trading in our SC for LS (at least she has been telling me to do it) since we just don't drive the SC much. Maybe I should look for a house with 3 bay garages first.... sigh~ damn Lexus, keep coming with nice car....
no don't trade it in... sell it to me i want to replace my GS
Old 11-03-06, 11:12 AM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

shawn \

if u can afford to wait for the SC redesign then why not... cuz by then they will have the minor redesign for the LS also and then you can have a better choice
Old 11-03-06, 01:26 PM
margaux01
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LS or SC? The LC offers more great new features for the value but I am still dump enough to go for the sexy one........... the SC.
Old 11-04-06, 01:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lol, didn't i say it like MONTHS ago? stop wasting money by keeping the car in the garage, trade it in!
Old 11-05-06, 04:27 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man... Does this mean Henry is in line to get my parts? Does this mean my trip home in April will be lighter? j/k

Believe me, I have questioned this trade in myself but I have to keep my eyes on the big prize. Therefore, patience will dictate my actions, or lack there of.
Old 11-05-06, 07:37 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

The ideal is a SC and LX. Don't need a luxury sedan, not my personality
Old 11-05-06, 09:37 PM
SC430GA
Rookie

Default Test drive it today

Had an opportunity today at “Taste of Lexus” event listen all that Lexus has to say about new LS and drive it along with 2007 models of BMW 750 and MB S500. I never like any BMW cars and this one was no exemption I was not impressed with the look, inside amenities or a drive.
The new LS has all the goodies that Lexus can offer, but I found that I may be not interested in a lot of them, like 12,000 executive rear seats package with massage – someone will enjoy it. The hybrid takes away trunk room, adds weight and you’ll never get the money you spent on it back on the gas unless you planning to keep it forever or we hit $6 a gallon. You probably can get nicely loaded LS 460L for around 70 grand (the base model starts at $61,000) what is definitely much less than 86 grand that MB starts.
The exterior design is much improved in my opinion compare with 2006, but that until you sees it next to MB S model. Last one is so elegant that you want forget everything else and get the MB. BTW I am not on the market for a large car and mostly was looking what options I wish in the SC, but this is another topic.
Inside design and look of MB just feels much richer and sophisticated, but lets not forget the quality issues that still ways on MB brand. The drive of LS feels so refine, the transmission never jerked, it was plush and reacted to acceleration very well, the only place on the track where MB beats LS was that shredded tires, going over them on MB was much smother than on LS.
Overall I would take MB over the Lexus because of the look inside and out, so it was a bit disappointment to me, but again since I am not on the market for the car, I may be missing some details.
The event itself was as everything that Lexus plans very good including the free food.
For me personnally SC covers all that I want from the car, my wife tried 4 different SC's there just to check the colors combo and still thinks that ours is the best for our taste, but i found that new combination of the burgundy pearl with dark chocolate vinyl and milk chocolate leather is very tastefull too.