SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Not for the conservative owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-06, 02:38 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Niiice pix...makes me wanna pickup a new SC everytime I see a tastefully modded SC...

Henry - you need *cough* air *cough*
Old 11-06-06, 03:05 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The white one takes the cake for me, just very low, auto-culture front, and did I say low? Very nice
Old 11-06-06, 05:22 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by teeman3
nice find, talwang. now I have something to inspire me and work on.
You need to get AutoCouture.
Old 11-06-06, 05:27 PM
talwang

Originally Posted by Stefwilli
The white one takes the cake for me, just very low, auto-culture front, and did I say low? Very nice

That SC also has a rear G-Answer emblem, Tom's exhaust and 19"/f +20"/r wheel setup.

Last edited by talwang; 11-06-06 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-06-06, 06:08 PM
Samanator
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So wheels that rub the fenders and exhaust systems that sound like farts going down the road make for "Real " cars? OK the brake mod shows some thought and work but that is all I see here. Let's see someone do a mod that was not bought in a box. Show me something along the lines of what comes out of a Foose or other other shop that strive to be original. In my mind building a car out of a catalog shows nothing. This is what seperates the true builders (artist) from the players. Go build something from scratch if you want to show something or talk a game. I think I'll go read my owners manual while I wait.
Old 11-06-06, 06:57 PM
talwang

Please keep an open mind and respect other ppl's cars.
It is too bad that everything they do shows nothing to you and who cares what you think.
Old 11-06-06, 07:31 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by talwang
It is too bad that everything they do shows nothing to you and who cares what you think.
RESPECT, please be RESPECTFUL. I agree. If you don't like it, why even comment on it? There is a way to be tactful with responses when you do not like something.
Old 11-06-06, 07:43 PM
Shawn808
Driver

Yes please respect other peoples cars. I think they look pretty nice. Clean and not over done.

Is the auto-culture front lip on the 1st white one urethane? Also how is the camber on that kind of set up? If I do something like that do I have to replace my tires like every other month? I like it but would probally do 20's all around.
Old 11-06-06, 07:56 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Guess the samething goes for your first post in this thread

"Most threads recently started by newbies and the conservative owners here just bore me to death.

I am not here to discuss my stock sc.
Things you can find in your user's manual need not to be disscussed again here.

I have to show you what is out there.
Let's see how Japanese owners mods their rides."

It's cool that some like to mod their cars while others like the stock look, but your the one that came on here saying anyone that did not think like you was not

Last edited by Max707; 11-06-06 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-06-06, 08:03 PM
talwang

hahaha.. really. then I apologize if what I said has irritated some members here.
Old 11-06-06, 08:18 PM
talwang

Originally Posted by Shawn808
Yes please respect other peoples cars. I think they look pretty nice. Clean and not over done.

Is the auto-culture front lip on the 1st white one urethane? Also how is the camber on that kind of set up? If I do something like that do I have to replace my tires like every other month? I like it but would probally do 20's all around.
That front lip you are talking about is actually a full front bumper replacement.
Herrage is the only one here who has that full kit (front & rear). I think it is FRP, not urethane.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160747

That white sc's suspension is done by G-Answer, I think.
Unless G-Answer has installed some camber correction kit on that sc, that car is going to have camber wear for sure.
Old 11-06-06, 10:04 PM
Shawn808
Driver

That white sc's suspension is done by G-Answer, I think.
Unless G-Answer has installed some camber correction kit on that sc, that car is going to have camber wear for sure.
Darn that seemed like a more affordable route to go at first since you get the clean low look without a kit. But I dont want to be buying new tires every other month. Buying 20 inch low pros is not a cheap option.
Old 11-06-06, 10:25 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shawn808
Is the auto-culture front lip on the 1st white one urethane?
correction.... i guess i was wrong.....
Old 11-06-06, 10:40 PM
Shawn808
Driver

Is the blue on this SC the "Black Sapphire Pearl" found on US imported SCs? It looks so much deeper and darker.

Old 11-07-06, 12:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
So modified means some aftermarket wheels and lowered SC? I like the stock SC430 it is useable and looks great. If you can't drive it why waste the $$$?
modified means a lot more than just wheels and lowering. i find my sc430 just as usable and looks much better than stock

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
Niiice pix...makes me wanna pickup a new SC everytime I see a tastefully modded SC...

Henry - you need *cough* air *cough*
air is not for this car. air is for my *cough* next car *cough*

Originally Posted by Samanator
So wheels that rub the fenders and exhaust systems that sound like farts going down the road make for "Real " cars? OK the brake mod shows some thought and work but that is all I see here. Let's see someone do a mod that was not bought in a box. Show me something along the lines of what comes out of a Foose or other other shop that strive to be original. In my mind building a car out of a catalog shows nothing. This is what seperates the true builders (artist) from the players. Go build something from scratch if you want to show something or talk a game. I think I'll go read my owners manual while I wait.
brakes show some thought? thoughts about being ricey and be a poser? thank god i don't have that kind of taste within myself.

i pay respect to people who build their own nice stuff, but i won't say thumbup to every thing just being "built" out there. they can still look like crap for all i care.

Quick Reply: Not for the conservative owners