SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

20" iForged Daytona in anthracite (glossy gun metal): 56k dialup warning!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-06, 12:38 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20" iForged Daytona in anthracite (glossy gun metal): 56k dialup warning!

I know contrasting wheel colors are a hit or miss w/everyone but I love this look! Here are some earlier pics:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=238378&page=2

Specs:

20x8.5; 36mm offset; 3" polished lip
20x10.5; 32mm offset; 4.25" polished lip

Toyo T1-R: 245/35/20 & 285/30/20

McGard black lugs w/matching black locking lugs

TPMS mounted using HRE metal straps/bands w/no probs

& most importantly...Zaino & Wheel Wax, lol!

Tein CST set on 12 clicks front/rear (16 being the softest) as per recommended by Tein. The fronts have a little over a one-finger gap while the rears have a tight one-finger gap. Pics:

Front wheel upclose:

Front wheel overhead:

Rear wheel upclose:

Rear wheel overhead:

Front fender gap - little more than one finger:

Rear fender gap - tight one finger

White gold pearl when sun hits it, I love it:

A story about iForged & it's owner Vincent Wong...

It took about 4-5 weeks to get but IMO was well worth it. I originally got these in mid-September when the car wasn't lowered yet. When I put them on, I was a little disappointed the front wheels stick out of the fenders but not by much (less than 0.25"). The rear wheels sit flush w/the fenders so I had no complaints there. Since I ordered directly from iForged, I called them & spoke w/Vince. I told him the situation & he was very nice. Vince apologized & told me to expect an email w/a UPS call tag so I can ship the 2 front wheels back to him so he can replace (not fix!) both lips (inner/outer) for each wheel. I got the wheels back in early-November & now they sit flush w/the front fenders. Not only was Vince very understanding, he also took care of shipping both ways thus I didn't pay anything at all. Now that's what I call good customer service! I've heard of horror stories w/iForged but that didn't happen w/my friend's 20" wheels so I decided to give them a try. And no, I'm not affiliated w/iForged whatsoever...I'm just another happy iForged customer!

I think up next is a bodykit since my gf doesn't care for performance. GEE-BEE hurry up & get your Tom's stuff so you can sell me your LX-Mode front lip, hehe!

Forgot to mention since this is my gf's car, we are having a minor argument about these wheels...She likes them but she's worried they're a little too gawdy (she says they're so big on a small vehicle). It doesn't help some people stare at them. I told her it should be a compliment they stare, lol.

Last edited by Yeah!; 11-30-06 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-30-06, 12:57 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Very nice wheels you have there. They look good on your car.
Lee
Old 11-30-06, 01:10 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Thx Lee!
Old 11-30-06, 01:25 AM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Yeah!
Specs:

20x8.5; 36mm offset; 3" polished lip
20x10.5; 32mm offset; 4.25" polished lip

Toyo T1-R: 245/35/20 & 285/30/20

I was a little disappointed the front wheels stick out of the fenders but not by much (less than 0.25"). The rear wheels sit flush w/the fenders so I had no complaints there. Since I ordered directly from iForged, I called them & spoke w/Vince. I told him the situation & he was very nice. Vince apologized & told me to expect an email w/a UPS call tag so I can ship the 2 front wheels back to him so he can replace (not fix!) both lips (inner/outer) for each wheel. I got the wheels back in early-November & now they sit flush w/the front fenders. Not only was Vince very understanding, he also took care of shipping both ways thus I didn't pay anything at all. Now that's what I call good customer service! I've heard of horror stories w/iForged but that didn't happen w/my friend's 20" wheels so I decided to give them a try. And no, I'm not affiliated w/iForged whatsoever...I'm just another happy iForged customer!
Thought you would never post ur pics. ha
I like how these wheels look on ur car. Very nice!

What was the original offset for the front wheels?
3" lip is damn nice.. super-low disc? Do they clear BBK?
Old 11-30-06, 01:41 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by talwang
Thought you would never post ur pics. ha
I like how these wheels look on ur car. Very nice!

What was the original offset for the front wheels?
3" lip is damn nice.. super-low disc? Do they clear BBK?
LOL, I would've posted pics earlier but I got banned for the last 2 weeks. Anyway...

Thx for the kind words! It was originally suppose to be 18mm but I requested something a little higher (less chance of rubbing) thus 23mm offsets eventually. I'm not sure if iForged calls them super/medium/low disc but all I know is that I had asked Vince to make me the biggest lips in those size widths front/rear I requested. If I remember correctly, I have at least 0.5" clearance behind the spokes for a BBK but then again I won't know for sure until I measure. That won't be happening anytime soon b/c I'm not sure if I want to spend $4500+ on a front/rear BBK.

Last edited by Yeah!; 11-30-06 at 01:45 AM.
Old 11-30-06, 01:54 AM
talwang

Originally Posted by Yeah!
LOL, I would've posted pics earlier but I got banned for the last 2 weeks. Anyway...

Thx for the kind words! It was originally suppose to be 18mm but I requested something a little higher (less chance of rubbing) thus 23mm offsets eventually. I'm not sure if iForged calls them super/medium/low disc but all I know is that I had asked Vince to make me the biggest lips in those size widths front/rear I requested. If I remember correctly, I have at least 0.5" clearance behind the spokes for a BBK but then again I won't know for sure until I measure. That won't be happening anytime soon b/c I'm not sure if I want to spend $4500+ on a front/rear BBK.
So it is +23 not +36, correct?
I was wondering how they made 3" lip out of 8.5" +36.
or your 36mm is refering to something else.. haha
Old 11-30-06, 02:03 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by talwang
So it is +23 not +36, correct?
I was wondering how they made 3" lip out of 8.5" +36.
or your 36mm is refering to something else.. haha
Ok, I think I confused you...Originally iForged wanted to do 18mm offset for the fronts. I told them I wanted it to be a little higher (I was concerned about possible rubbing) so in the end, they did 23mm. When I got them mounted, they stick out of the fenders by about 0.25" or so. Called Vince & told him the situation. He said he would replace both inner/outer lips (since this a 3-piece wheel) as in the new inner lip would be 0.5" wider & the outer lip would be 0.5" smaller. So 23mm + 0.5" (12.7mm) = 36mm or 35.7mm to be exact. Make sense now?
Old 11-30-06, 08:48 AM
TXFM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jimmy,
Great pics! Thanks for posting. Glad you got the fronts redone. Tell your gf that people are looking at her since she's so good looking!
Cecil
Old 11-30-06, 09:12 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 224 Likes on 152 Posts

Beautiful !! Always like the style of that wheel

Last edited by Gojirra99; 11-30-06 at 09:38 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-30-06, 09:33 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Lookin' good
Old 11-30-06, 09:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

looks nice jimmy

for the front, if you have only 0.5" space between the spoke and the stock caliper, i highly doubt you can put most of the bbk behind it
Old 11-30-06, 01:08 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TXFM
Jimmy,
Great pics! Thanks for posting. Glad you got the fronts redone. Tell your gf that people are looking at her since she's so good looking!
Cecil
Thx Cecil! LOL, I told my gf that already & she said, "I CALL BS!" Mos def post pics of your new wheels when it arrives as well.

Originally Posted by rominl
looks nice jimmy

for the front, if you have only 0.5" space between the spoke and the stock caliper, i highly doubt you can put most of the bbk behind it
Really? I didn't know that. When I said, 0.5" I was just taking an educated guess. I won't know for sure until I actually measure. Henry, what's the minimum amount of clearance would you say I need for either the Stoptech or Rotora BBK front/rear? I'm just curious, just in case I do it in the future.

Thx Seize & LexArazzo for the kind words.
Old 11-30-06, 02:20 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new wheels, for me to get those lip sizes on my LS4 I had to get the precision series. Because the spoke is curved so much it clears my brakes by a finger nail.
Old 11-30-06, 03:32 PM
talwang

Yup..that is how they make 3" lip out of the 8.5" +36, I think.
20"s look fine even the spokes may need curve in enough to pass the hub mounting surface a bit.
For 18" and smaller, the spokes have to curve in at a steeper angle and people may think it is a cheat lip.

Last edited by talwang; 11-30-06 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-30-06, 04:19 PM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice. I've always been a big fan of full custom wheels (I.e. HRE,Iforged,Kinesis,DPE,etc). Maybe now that my car is paid off, I can save up some more cash (after I get the car painted that is) and pick up a set of custom wheels again.

But I'm a bit confused on why a 8.5" wheel ET23 would stick out. I'm running a nine inch wheel and I'm thinking I'm at ET25 and I want to run a 10 - 15mm spacer, I think the wheel is kind of sunk in a little too much. I guess this is just from the extra camber of lowering????

The front of these cars can take quite a bit of offset, I'm thinking my rear wheel may fit in the front.. heh heh...

Quick Reply: 20" iForged Daytona in anthracite (glossy gun metal): 56k dialup warning!