SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Rear Brembo's ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-06 | 09:26 AM
TXFM
Intermediate

Question Rear Brembo's ?

I've searched and seen that a couple of guys have installed Brembo's on both front and rear, but don't see specific info for the rears.

I'm considering the 355x32, slotted 2-pc rotor, 4 piston(1B2.8014A) kit for the front. Can anyone advise the kit number, etc for the SC430 rears? Does it come with new brackets?
Thanks
Old 11-30-06 | 09:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

i believe brembo has a 8/4 setup for the sc430, that's the only brembo i know of that offers both front and rear for the sc430. and of course the price tag is going to be sky high, i think around 9k last time i checked

with the 4 pot front, i don't know of any matching rear. i believe the front is pretty similar to that of the supra, since they all share the same bracket (with the gs as well). but the rear is different, so stuff that fits the supra won't fit the sc430 rear
Old 11-30-06 | 02:37 PM
bt430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TXFM
I've searched and seen that a couple of guys have installed Brembo's on both front and rear, but don't see specific info for the rears.

I'm considering the 355x32, slotted 2-pc rotor, 4 piston(1B2.8014A) kit for the front. Can anyone advise the kit number, etc for the SC430 rears? Does it come with new brackets?
Thanks
I don't know if anyone is doing rears, or if they are even availalbe. Stoptech used to but stopped production for some reason. I've got StopTechs with the 14" 2 piece rotor in the front and stock in the back, works great. I think Rom's running the same setup.

BT
Old 11-30-06 | 11:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by bt430
I don't know if anyone is doing rears, or if they are even availalbe. Stoptech used to but stopped production for some reason. I've got StopTechs with the 14" 2 piece rotor in the front and stock in the back, works great. I think Rom's running the same setup.

BT
yes i am running the same setup

stoptech stopped their 4/4 setup, it was not balanced. and they basically dropped their 2pot rear matching setup already too

rotora has front rear setup as well for the car, i won't go into details, but i won't touch their stuff
Old 12-01-06 | 11:22 AM
TXFM
Intermediate

BTW, I've sent a msg to Brembo corp asking them about a 4 wheel BBK solution, and I'll post their reply when it's received. I, too, looked at the StopTech system and like it. I'm considering Brembo, because I may be able to get a deal (just for me - sorry). But, I'm not doing anything until I receive my new iFORGED wheels and measure them for clearance. Thanks.
Old 12-01-06 | 12:14 PM
talwang

BTW, I've sent a msg to Brembo corp asking them about a 4 wheel BBK solution, and I'll post their reply when it's received. I, too, looked at the StopTech system and like it. I'm considering Brembo, because I may be able to get a deal (just for me - sorry). But, I'm not doing anything until I receive my new iFORGED wheels and measure them for clearance. Thanks.
a little OT here.

Do u mind posting some pics of your Vortec Mufflers w/SS Corsa Tips?
Old 12-01-06 | 12:31 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 25,000

Brembo, StopTech, and Rotora make kits for the rears. I was going to put Brembos changed my mind as the Rotora rears I have were thicker and larger vs. the Brembo calipers I already had. Not sure the size ofthe official Brembo kit but I went ahead with Rotora anyhow for the rears.
Old 12-01-06 | 02:07 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
rotora has front rear setup as well for the car, i won't go into details, but i won't touch their stuff
Henry, I've never heard anything bad w/Rotora's. May I ask why you won't touch their stuff?

But, I'm not doing anything until I receive my new iFORGED wheels and measure them for clearance. Thanks.
Cecil, post some pics when they arrive.

Originally Posted by talwang
a little OT here.

Rich, if you're buying another exhaust then sell me your Blitz!

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Brembo, StopTech, and Rotora make kits for the rears. I was going to put Brembos changed my mind as the Rotora rears I have were thicker and larger vs. the Brembo calipers I already had. Not sure the size ofthe official Brembo kit but I went ahead with Rotora anyhow for the rears.
How about a review of the Rotora stuff Lee?

Last edited by Yeah!; 12-01-06 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-01-06 | 10:59 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 25,000

I believe early Rotora stuff leaked which caused some concern with some owners. I have not read or heard of anything within the last few years though. Their brackets are pretty solid along with their rotors. The calipers themselves are pretty well made as far as I can tell.
Old 12-01-06 | 11:10 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Thx for the info Lee!
Old 12-02-06 | 02:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

that's what i heard too. they had serious issues on quality 1-2 yrs back. another concern of them to me is their concept on brakes. they tend to just "make money" rather than doing a right balanced setup. you go to stoptech and they won't just do whatever front/rear setup you want. but if you go to rotora and pay money, they will do a bracket and whatever size setup. 4/4, 6/4 6/stock, 4/stock. i mean, that doesn't make sense

but again, that's just me. i don't talk much about them since i have never owned anything by them. it's just some of my observations and i continue to keep an eye out

shouldn't you ask for bbk clearance when you order your wheels?
Old 12-02-06 | 04:40 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 25,000

But, Henry, on the flip side, at least they are willing to work with you on a brake setup vs others that just say shoo away. The times I have spoken them they were actually very pleasant to me. Same for those at Wilwood which makes one of the better calipers out there for cars that embarrasses Brembo with ease-their top 4 piston caliper is better than Brembo's 6 piston setup I was going to fab on the SC + they have a great 6 piston superlite 6 piston caliper with unmatched piston technology ($600 each). Others brands are tough to even get through.
But, I will know soon enough about the brakes and how they work out.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 12-02-06 at 04:53 AM.
Old 12-02-06 | 11:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

very good point of view as well, lee. interesting to hear about the wilwood as well, coz' i remember two yrs ago you were working on them for the gs and you found them to be pretty bad and the braking was worse, so you ditched them? so they have better stuff now?

in any case, since you are going to do rotora setup pretty soon, and it's pretty much like custom setup, it would be great to see the outcome and how it compares to stock and your tt setup

work hard
Old 12-02-06 | 11:31 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 25,000

I selected the wrong caliper based on the suggestion from one of their retailers is what happened. Too small for the heavy GS. It actually braked fine just not good enough and were overwhelmed similar to the stock brakes. Gheesh Henry that was 4 years ago. How times flies when we mod.
Now their 6 piston with thermolock pistons -that would be an awesome setup.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 12-02-06 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-03-06 | 06:11 AM
TXFM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by talwang
a little OT here.

Rich - I had a local Dallas guy fab the exhaust in late 2002. The mufflers aren't stainless, and I've had to repaint them twice. Really needs it again. I do like the low tone of these though.

Let's see if I can attch some pics. I can only load 1 at a time (?). Until I figure this out, I'll load 3 seperately.
Cecil
Attached Thumbnails Rear Brembo's ?-100-0036_img.jpg  

Quick Reply: Rear Brembo's ?