SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Seat recline mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-06, 10:34 AM
lexpdx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat recline mod

Hello! I looked for this for a while but couldn't find any info, other than the fact that its possible. Does anyone know how to do a mod such that the seats recline all the way on the 2002-2003 models?
Old 12-08-06, 12:16 PM
StunnaSC
Pole Position

I would like to know also =)
Old 12-08-06, 01:20 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Unfortuantely, the guy in Japan who does this mod doesn't say which part needs replacement/adjustment. I think he charges about $400 for this mod if I read his ad correctly.
Old 12-08-06, 01:47 PM
lexpdx
Driver School Candidate

thanks. how can i find his ad? i hope its in english? he must be willing to ship the parts for the right price...
Old 12-08-06, 03:32 PM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

damn man i haven't heard of this but am sure as hell interested! my old sc, man that seat turned into a freakin bed, awesome stuff... i'd love to do the same with this sc... post up more info!
Old 12-08-06, 05:12 PM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an 02 and the back of my front seats are almost touching the bottom cushion of the rear seats. I can recline my seats more but they start making all kinds of squeaky noises once they actually start touching the rear seat. My seats do not recline like the 04 seats but I'm wondering how or why you guys can even use more?

If anything, I wish I could push my seat back a little more and maybe a little bit lower. BTW, I'm fairly short at 5'8" and I do like my seats a little more upright. No gangster lean for me.. =)
Old 12-09-06, 12:12 AM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by lexpdx
thanks. how can i find his ad? i hope its in english? he must be willing to ship the parts for the right price...
That ad is written in Japanese.
I think it is just a know-how, but I don't think he will give you the info for free.

" 前期タイプを加工して、通常よりリクライニングできるよう加工致します。長距離ドライブをしても仮眠できるので快適になります。助手席の方には特に喜ばれると思います。前期タイプをリクライニングさせるには、メーカーで一席丸ごと替えるしか方法がないようで、大変高額です。一席30~50万円するそうです。   ※こちらでは一席2.5万円、二席なら4万円で加工承ります。 大木090-3341-4238 hirakuohgi@yahoo.co.jp   出張(有料)加工も致しますが、問い合わせ下さい。できれば関東圏内を希望いたします。シートは外しておいて頂ければ幸いです。とても簡単なのですが、万が一、私が傷をつけてしまいたくないからです。作業時間は1時間位です。  写真、左上:背もたれが一番起きている時の角度です。  右上:背もたれが一番寝ている時の角度です。  左下:背もたれを一番寝かせ、一番後ろまでシートスライドさせた状態です。  右下:左下の状態を車内から撮影したものです。後部背もたれに当たってしまうため、これ以上のリクライニングはおすすめできません。しかし、要望であればお答えします。よくある質問ですが、この角度で十分仮眠は楽になります。バケット状なので見た目以上に倒れております。貴方のシートと比較ください。  ※女性の方におおいのですが直角に立てたドライビングポジションを好まれる方にはやや不向きですが、ほとんどの方にら問題ない程度です。ですが助手席の方の為だけにでもリクライニングは重宝されます。問い合わせお待ちしております。   出張料金、燃料、高速代を考慮して、千葉県5千円、  東京、茨城8千円、  神奈川、埼玉、栃木1.2万、  群馬、1.8万  関東圏内その他2.5万 大雑把ですがこのようにさせて頂いております。 もちろん、こちらに出向いていただくのも歓迎です。直接メールいただいた方には必ず返信しております。しかし、ウィルスに感染している方のメールはこちらでは開封できません。よって私からの返信がない方は、質問欄もしくは電話でご連絡くださいませ。下の写真は、施工例その②です。運転席の角度を起こす調整をして、運転しやすくなっております。"
Old 12-09-06, 02:34 AM
KevsSC
Intermediate

Does your rear seat get harmed in anyway? Looks like the front seat is going to be smashing the rear seat.
Old 12-09-06, 08:36 AM
TXFM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a translation from an online translator: http://www.worldlingo.com/en/product...ranslator.html

It's not perfect, but it may give you an idea.

"Processing prior-term type, in order from usually the tilt for it to be possible, it processes. Doing long distance drive, you can nap, because it becomes comfortable. You think that the suicide seat to especially you rejoice. The tilt to be able to point to prior-term type, in order a meeting only change there is no method whole at the manufacturer, very much it is large amount. A meeting 30 ~ 500,000 Yen it does, so is.   * If with this meeting 2.5 ten thousand Yen, two seats processing you receive at 40,000 Yen. Oki 090-3341-4238
It does also business trip (charge) processing, but please inquire. If possible, we desire Kanto inside. As for the seat removing, it is fortunate. Very, it is to be simple, but because by any chance, I would not like to do damage, is. Job time is 1 hour rank.  On photograph and the left:
When the back rest most occurring, it is angle.  With respect to the right:When the back rest most sleeping, it is angle.  Under the left:Most lay down the back rest, most to rear, it is in a state where it makes sit is made to slide.  Under the right:
It is something which photographed the state under the left from inside of car of car. Because it hits against the rear back rest, the tilt above this the male is completed is not possible. But, if it is demand, we answer. It is FAQ, but with this angle sufficient nap becomes easy. Because it is bucket condition, we have collapsed above the eye which was seen. Please compare with your seat.  * In the woman it is the cover, but a little it is unsuitable to the person who is liked the driving position which is raised perpendicularly, but there are no most one leek problems is. Is, but the suicide seat the tilt the treasure is done even just because. The inquiry we wait.    
Business trip fee, considering the fuel and high-speed generation, 5000 Yen Chiba prefectures, Tokyo, the Ibaraki 8000 Yen, Kanagawa, Saitama, Tochigi 1.2 ten thousand, Gunma and 1.8 ten thousand Kanto inside in addition 2.5 it is ten thousand rough, but it is this way. Of course, also the fact that you go to this is welcome. Be sure to have replied to the one which the mail it receives directly. But, with this you cannot open the mail of the person who has been infected to the virus. Depending, the one which is not reply from my communication by the question column or the telephone. As for photograph under, operation example that②Is. Doing the adjustment which causes the angle of the driver's seat, we have become easy to drive."
Old 12-09-06, 10:59 AM
StunnaSC
Pole Position

the back panel of my driver seat keeps falling off when I recline it all the way, it hits the rear seat and gets pushed off, is this normal or do I have a brioken clip or something?
Old 12-09-06, 07:42 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

I think its normal
Old 12-11-06, 02:03 PM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by suhyuk1214
I think its normal
Not normal pal... I had the back cover come off before and found that there are two screws that hold it in place and the bottom of the cover The screws came off so check urs to see if its the same problem.