SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 Mini Meet Thread/Long Beach

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-07, 11:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
damn.... damn.... I did not even bother to ask since everyone told me there is no such combo in US market. This is a 2005 even!

One interesting thing tho. My 97' White/Black combo came with black lining and carpet for the trunk also. This one has tan color in the trunk. Is yours the same way, Jimmy????
well they don't bring white on black in, but you can always custom order it, that's doable although at a higher price tag

oh well, saddle isn't too bad
Old 01-09-07, 10:55 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics!

Wow, I bet you guys got a lot of jaw dropping stares on the caravan and at the Queen Mary! lol

Old 01-09-07, 11:06 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
well they don't bring white on black in, but you can always custom order it, that's doable although at a higher price tag

oh well, saddle isn't too bad
Of course it isn't at all , & I never understand why some of you seem so enamoured with the black interior, it's in fact my least favorite for the SC430.
I would pay a higher price tag NOT to get the black interior if black is the only interior that's readily available. I've nothing against black interior (I have black in my G35 coupe), to me it just doesn't work as well for this car as the ecru & the saddle.
Old 01-09-07, 03:16 PM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Of course it isn't at all , & I never understand why some of you seem so enamoured with the black interior, it's in fact my least favorite for the SC430.
I would pay a higher price tag NOT to get the black interior if black is the only interior that's readily available. I've nothing against black interior (I have black in my G35 coupe), to me it just doesn't work as well for this car as the ecru & the saddle.
Sigh, i wish I could've gotten the saddle interior but you can't go wrong with all black. I think what killed the Ecru for me was that I didn't care for the yellow wood. Now if Ecru came with the black wood from the PB edition, then that would've been my second choice.

Whats interesting is that Lexus dropped the yellow wood from the newer SCs, even in Ecru. So in the 06+ SCs, yeah I think all black is bringing up the rear... Oh and Camel leather would be my first choice.. (In black Sapphire)
Old 01-09-07, 04:28 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everyone has different preference for sure. I like black interior not only for the easy maintenance aspect, but I also find it appealing because the contrast. I never feel for this combo until I got my first SC back in 97' which I wanted a pearl white with tan interior but end up getting the white on black combo due to the availability.

As to this second SC we bought, the reason why we go with ecru is solely because of the yellow wood, which both my wife and I find ourselve attracted to. Plus I think the Ecru/yellow wood combo with pearl white create a "bright effect" and stands out from the street. However, if there was a black leather option, like the one Rich attached we would be all over it!
Old 01-09-07, 09:51 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

The first time I've ever test driven the SC430 while I was car shopping was a silver SC430 with the black interior. I remember after the test drive, when I went back to the dealership showroom & sat in another SC430 with the saddle interior how different I feel about the interior. I like the ambience I felt much more inside the saddle interior, & the same for the ecru interior I sat in later in another dealership.
I have decided the black interior is definitely not for me for this car. I like the Blonde Bird's Eye Maple wood with the ecru too, it gives great contrast & elegance to the car. I also like the saddle, but we can't get saddle with Twilight Amethyst Pearl up here, & that's my favorite paint. It just happened that there was an Amethyst/ecru that just arrived, so that made the decision very easy for me.

White/black combo is available from day one in Canada, so it's not a big deal for us up here We didn't have the white/saddle combination available until the second year though.
Old 01-09-07, 11:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Nice pics!

Wow, I bet you guys got a lot of jaw dropping stares on the caravan and at the Queen Mary! lol

believe it. on our way there people were staring at us from all directions. and when we parked our cars there, man, i can't even remember how many people basically just walked over and took pics and videos of our cars instead of queen mary @_@ some people even posed in front of our cars...

we need to charge next time.

btw, anyone heard what that security said at the front gate when he saw us rolled by? he was shocked to see so many sc430
Old 01-09-07, 11:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
everyone has different preference for sure. I like black interior not only for the easy maintenance aspect, but I also find it appealing because the contrast. I never feel for this combo until I got my first SC back in 97' which I wanted a pearl white with tan interior but end up getting the white on black combo due to the availability.

As to this second SC we bought, the reason why we go with ecru is solely because of the yellow wood, which both my wife and I find ourselve attracted to. Plus I think the Ecru/yellow wood combo with pearl white create a "bright effect" and stands out from the street. However, if there was a black leather option, like the one Rich attached we would be all over it!
same here, the contrast is just wow to me. i think i first like the combo when i saw the e46 m3 white on black. that was so nice.
Old 01-11-07, 02:37 PM
96gti2.0t
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice looking pics guys
Old 01-16-07, 08:59 PM
rsa supra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doh! How'd I miss this?
Old 04-16-07, 11:01 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Smile Video

OK, finally a decent AVCHD editor came out so a short video of the meet is available to any of the participants for free.
Two versions:
1) Regular DVD
2) HD for Blu-Ray/PS3 AVCHD version-Stunning HD imagery.

Pefect for having some good memories. Only at the Queen Mary- not the drive or at the cafe. The cars are at a stand still do don't expect much excitement.

I tried compressing to provide a link but even at a low quality it was 380mbs long!

PM with with your info if you want a copy
Lee

Last edited by Pearlpower; 04-16-07 at 11:58 PM.