SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 suspension modification offered by dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-01, 12:35 PM
therocker
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC430 suspension modification offered by dealer

I spoke with my service rep. at Lexus today and I mentioned how my car rides harshly on bumps. He told me he will order a part that would strenghten my suspension and make my car drive smoother. He said it would be free of charge and would take all day to install. Sounds interesting to me.
Old 11-09-01, 12:46 PM
deanz
Driver School Candidate

Default Mysterious Part

Once you get the details of this "part" please post and let us know. You're right - it does sound very interesting, although I don't know of any one part for a suspension system that would do what the service manager says it will do....

Hope it works for you.:
Old 11-10-01, 09:36 PM
Lexus-Sto Dgo
Driver School Candidate

Default Noise from rear suspension member

In reality it is not a part that will make the suspension smoother, but a service bulletin that says "to inform you of the repair procedure for the rear suspension member body mounting cushion replacement. The shape of the rubber cushion has been changed to eliminate noise from the rear suspension member".

The parts have been ordered for my car and should arrive in the country in about two weeks for replacement. There are other parts required for this replacement like gaskets and nuts for the exhaust pipe because it has to be disassembled in order to change the two cushions.

There is also a service bulletin to change the amplifier located behind the back seat due to the buzzing noise from the amplifier cooling fan.

By the way I changed the run flats for regular tires and it feels like a different car! Ireally love my car and we must keep in mind that this is a new model that will be perfected in the long run.

I haven't been able to improve the power since there are still no parts for better performance. This is my number one priority.
Old 11-12-01, 09:54 PM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SC 430 suspension

Sto Dgo

can you elaborate on your info re: suspension? Is this a recall item or do we owners have to ask our reps for this service? Please advise as I experience a "clunking noise" when going over bumps. I have a 2002 SC 430 with 19x8.5 (f) & 19x9.5 (r) SSR Agle Strusse. I have checked profusely but can;t seem to identify the source of the "clunking" noise.

Thanks.

MAC
Old 11-13-01, 05:01 AM
Lexus-Sto Dgo
Driver School Candidate

Default Service Bulletin No. CP1011

This is a service bulletin, number above, that has to be done to all the SC430's in order to eliminate the noise from the rear suspension member.

It is very simple, they just have to change Prev. Part No. 52271-24050 for the New Part No. 52271-24060, Part Name, Cushion Rear Suspension Member Body Mounting, Front. Production Date June 2001.

I have experienced the same clunking noise from the rear so I went to my dealer and he received this service bulletin in order to correct the noise. It has not been done to my car at the moment since the parts have not yet arrived. I have the schematics and it is a simple job that consists in changing two cushions, thus eliminating the noise.

As soon as my service is done I can let you know how it works out.

Regards,
Old 11-13-01, 05:19 AM
therocker
Rookie

Default Re: Noise from rear suspension member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lexus-Sto Dgo
There is also a service bulletin to change the amplifier located behind the back seat due to the buzzing noise from the amplifier cooling fan.

Can you elaborate on this? My driver side speaker has an occasional hiss. Is this the same thing?
Old 11-13-01, 05:43 AM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

The TSIB your refering to calls for a replacement of the amp for other problems. Although it is known that the cooling fan can make a hiss sound, but it won't effect the speakers.
Old 11-13-01, 02:12 PM
FirstJapCar
Driver School Candidate

Default newer SC430s?

O.k. Well, my SC430 has a manufacture date listed as 8/2001. Does this mean that I already have this upgrade put in my car from the factory?

I'm one of those people that came from BMW's and Porsche's so I am used to a harder ride and think the overall ride of the SC430 is much softer compared to my previous German cars so I probably wouldn't notice what everyone is talking about here.

Please help
Old 11-13-01, 02:23 PM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SUspension

Sto Dgo

Thanks so much for the info. I'll contact my dealer immediately. If you have any further info I would appreciate it very much if you can forward it to michaelc@communityfirstfcu.com. Thanks again!. This site is so valuable. Thanks to all who developed and organized it!

MAC