SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Got rear ended yesterday time for a mod!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-07, 06:19 AM
bt430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got rear ended yesterday time for a mod!

I got hit sitting at a traffic light yesterday. The guy had no license, registration or evidence of insurance. I’ve got my insurance company trying to track him down but there might not be much there. I’m probably on my own in that respect. He put 2 holes in the bumper and scraped it up pretty well. Doesn’t look like anymore damage than that but I've got a buddy in the body shop business and I'll have him take a look to make sure.

Being that I need a new bumper cover I was thinking of looking at other options than stock. I've looked at the various threads about AC, Toms, Job Design and others. I’d like to ask for any advice about different manufacturers, fit and finish as well as the type of material the bumper is made of. Do I need to do side skirts at the same time so the bumper fits correctly? Cutting off the ends of the Blitz and looking at dual exhaust is something I’m thinking about too. All options are on the table please help me make a better educated decision so I can get this trashed bumper off my car!

Thanks
BT
Old 02-02-07, 09:25 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear your mishap. as for the questions, i think all of the brand you mentioned will not have any fitment issue and if i recalled they are all FRP. If you are looking at dual exhaust option, then Tom's and Job Design are your two options and certainly it will look funny (at least to me) if you only do the rear not together with front and side, especially the JD one because the rear bumper replacement sits so low. Go with the full kit, you will not be disappointed!
Old 02-02-07, 09:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

sorry to hear that bt, but seems like it's just metal, that's important.

if you can afford the whole kit, i say get the job design it's awesome, but it's awesomely low as well! it will look badass though, and of course i will get the 06 rear bumper so you can do the quad tips.

the toms is nice too, but it's not as nice as the job design imho.

regarding fitment, probably no one knows about job design here. but give them to a good shop and they will make it fit good. keep in mind jdm original kits don't mean they are perfect, a lot of times there are still small problems here and there. but my point is a good shop is what you need
Old 02-02-07, 12:04 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

bt430, I guess I'll reply ur pm here.

Given that you must have both rear bumper and quad exhaust/tips, I say you should get JobDesign kits as well.
You already have 20", CS...., so JD kit also makes you to the top of baller's list here. Someone finally can kick Mark & Henry's a$$. haha

Juat do ur math and see how much you'll need to spend.
JobDesign should be a better deal plus Carson Toyota has a GB on all JobDesign kits right now.
The timing is perfect for you anyway.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=258196

Another good mix and match kits for you will be AutoCouture front bumper + Tom's skirts + Tom's rear bumper.

Last edited by talwang; 02-02-07 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-02-07, 01:26 PM
StunnaSC
Pole Position

My worst fear for the car is getting hit from the back and killing the convertable, check if your hardtop is reclining properlly,
Old 02-02-07, 07:29 PM
bt430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by StunnaSC
My worst fear for the car is getting hit from the back and killing the convertable, check if your hardtop is reclining properlly,
Thanks! I didn't even think of that I'll check it out.

BT
Old 02-02-07, 07:35 PM
bt430
Pole Position

I was thinking Job Design as well I'll get in touch with Steve and let everyone know how things progress. Thanks for the help!!

BT
Old 02-02-07, 07:44 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bt430.

that's a great choice. it's definitely going to be unique.
Old 02-02-07, 08:40 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Best choice, bt430.

I am going to give you another option if you don't want to spend that much.

The cheapest way to fix it will be getting a used stock bumper and have ur bodyshop do a custom job to fit ur new quad exhaust/tips.

It won't look as stunning as JD or Tom's, but it 'll save you a lot of money.

Old 02-02-07, 11:58 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the OG's on here will know which one I will pick!

AC Full Kit gets my vote!!

Made of FRP as stated before. And similar to what Henry said as well, the fitment is good because it is a high quality kit, but you will need to get it professionally installed to get it perfect. Minor imperfections and small fitment issues will be taken care of by a reputable shop.

But my that Job Design kit does look nice as well. I was actually in a similar situation as you; my car was damaged from on the rear bumper and I just decided to upgrade while I was at it. Worked out for the best in the end!

Good luck on whichever you choose, imo you can't go wrong with either they are both beautiful on the SC and really accentuate the lines of the car.

Steve
Old 02-05-07, 01:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by talwang
Best choice, bt430.

I am going to give you another option if you don't want to spend that much.

The cheapest way to fix it will be getting a used stock bumper and have ur bodyshop do a custom job to fit ur new quad exhaust/tips.

It won't look as stunning as JD or Tom's, but it 'll save you a lot of money.

come on rich, do it right no cut out, do the right thing and get job design

i wish i had the opportunity