SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

7 years since it's debut and still going strong....Do you still LOVE your SC430?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-07, 02:38 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 7 years since it's debut and still going strong....Do you still LOVE your SC430?

Over the past several years, there have been positive/negative opinions and comments regarding our wonderful drop-tops.

With the '08 re-design coming up, there's still speculation what the platform, body and engine will be engineered to.

I though I reflect on the '02-upward models and see how many here still have the LOVE for their SC430's.

Mine is an '03 w/ 47K and still going strong. I still love my SC430.
I've maintained it very well which included the changing out of the run-flats to non-run flats, tune-ups, oil changes, clear bra, trunk struts and other minor mods, it still runs like the first day I bought it.

My wax routine is simple and the paint has held up very well over the years.
Attached Thumbnails 7 years since it's debut and still going strong....Do you still LOVE your SC430?-p1209046_resize.jpg  
Old 03-09-07, 03:02 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

I dont have an SC but I have always liked them. It is hard to believe that it has been out for that many years because it is still a hot looking car.
Old 03-09-07, 03:28 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

08 re-design coming up? really..

Nobody can beat your zaino shine.
Here comes my pics that I took a while ago.

Old 03-09-07, 04:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

08 redesign? where did you get that info, tee?

the car came out in 01 and now it's only 6 yrs, come on the car is not that old yet j/k. but i love it completely, though only modded. stock form it looks pretty funny, especially the narrow wheels
Old 03-09-07, 05:01 PM
JohnD
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I have only had my SC since December and 2,300 miles, I must say that I love this car. I'm thrilled with the quality, fit and finish. Knock wood, I have had no issues or problems thus far. Everything in the car works !

JohnD
Old 03-09-07, 09:08 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

I love this thing. In love since I first laid eyes in the summer of '01 in south Beach at a stoplight. I was in a CLK drop and a dude pulled up in that Absolute Red and I lost my mind. If I were gay I would have hopped in his car and he would have had his way with me that night. It was that serious. I was amazed that Lexus produced a car that was so sexy. The only other car that Lexus had which oozed sex appeal was the 2nd gen GS. Those things still look great. But man when he dropped that steel roof. It was on. I had to have one.

This is my first convertible and first Lexus. And trust me I have no regrets. The only other drop that does it for me is like this our "rival" MB SL. I don't care what anyone says this car is so ahead of its time along with the Audi TT which shares cues. The thing looks like a spaceship. And I love it. 10 years from now it will truly be appreciated.

Love the curvy lines. Love the steel folding roof. Love the Bentley like interior. Love the money I saved. Love the head turns.

Hate the fact that I cant drop the roof with remote like other convertibles....but that's about to change thanx to Lux Link.
Old 03-09-07, 09:41 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Oh, my bad. I was probably thinking the future replacement of the SC430 and '08 won't be that.

LexLaw, I felt the same way you felt when you saw that drop top. And the only other drop top I would consider would be the MB SL.

Any-who.....That's the kind of LOVE I'd like to see here.

Keep the LOVE coming.....
Old 03-10-07, 06:26 AM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LexLaw
Love the curvy lines. Love the steel folding roof. Love the Bentley like interior. Love the money I saved. Love the head turns.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Plus, I love bulbous hood and trunk (especially when I wax it), the M-L sound system, the smell of the leather and the fact that it doesn't spend every other week in the shop.

I loved my '03 SC430, and I love my '06 SC430 even more! Some people "get" the SC430, some don't. The ones who do are hooked.
Old 03-10-07, 07:08 AM
Cruizing
Rookie

This is a car you either love or hate. There have been several writeups that have critisized the car severely. I personally just absolutely love this car. There are compromizes but I accept them. I love the reliability of the car. As much as I like the SL500 I want something I can rely on to get me to work in the middle of the night. The back seats are small but no worse than the M3 cabriolet and I occassionally cram my kids in there to take them to school. I love the convertable hardtop. Quiet and secure with it up and beautiful when its down. The smooth flowing lines are gorgeous and will always be so dispite the recent trend to "Banglelize" everything these days. I agree that it needs to be modded and that is my only disappointment in that I wish you could just order a "M" version from the factory as I do not have the time or desire to go through all the hassles of modding the car. Modded this is a great car to drive and although it can't accelerate as fast out of the turns it otherwise can keep up to the M3s (not M6s).
Old 03-10-07, 07:30 AM
prex
Driver

Love it - best measure for me is that if I had to get another car, there's nothing within reason that I'd want more than another SC430. They got the things I care about right (comfort, convertible, gadgets, no need to fund plasma tv and bad pastries for dealership waiting room.)
Old 03-10-07, 01:57 PM
marcus
Driver

Would anyone think I am crazy if I said I bought my SC430 to drive for the next 20 to 25 years???? I bought a 2002 a month ago, have driven it twice, and still in storage until early April..I only need to say two words: "It's Michigan!" I will retire from my job in 5 years. I plan to keep my GS400 and drive it throught the Winters, and the SC through the Summers. Hey guys... this car is for all ages....
Old 03-10-07, 02:58 PM
margaux01
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexLaw
I love this thing. In love since I first laid eyes in the summer of '01 in south Beach at a stoplight. I was in a CLK drop and a dude pulled up in that Absolute Red and I lost my mind. If I were gay I would have hopped in his car and he would have had his way with me that night. It was that serious. I was amazed that Lexus produced a car that was so sexy. The only other car that Lexus had which oozed sex appeal was the 2nd gen GS. Those things still look great. But man when he dropped that steel roof. It was on. I had to have one.

LexLaw, you hit it right on I share your sentiment with the SC430. It was love at first sight back in the summer of 2002 when I was on vacation in MA and saw this lady driving an SC430 pass me on I95. Up till that time I had never heard nor seen an SC430 and it just took my breath away, couldn't believe that Lexus could come out with such a sexy, elegant, and stylish beauty. I have never been crazy with cars but since then the image stuck in my mind for all these years. When it was time to get a second car last June, I just went for it. It was not really rationally thought out but man when you are in love, all the logic went out of the windows . The only other car I considered for a second was an IS350. It has more advanced electronics but it was not much of a contest anyway when it comes to class, comfort, luxury and built quality.
Lexus reported that it sold less than 282 SC430 in the US during February 07. Most people would probably argue that the SC is now dying a slow death. I kind of wonder if I was crazy or most people just did not see the beauty in this car. At this rate next year this time, it is conceivable that there will be less than 200 sold per month and I don't see how Lexus can delay coming out with a new SC.

Last edited by margaux01; 03-10-07 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-10-07, 05:47 PM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

I remember rolling around in my SC400 when i was 16 and I caught glimpse of an SC430 one day a few months after it came out... I was freakin' ecstatic! The lines, the curves, the only car i see that i feel the same way about the design is a freakin ferrari, and that says a lot for the job the lexus designers did. Not to mention the PHENOMENAL interior, i mean that maple wood with ecru kills me, I love it...
Old 03-10-07, 07:09 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
Couldn't have said it better myself. Plus, I love bulbous hood and trunk (especially when I wax it), the M-L sound system, the smell of the leather and the fact that it doesn't spend every other week in the shop.

I loved my '03 SC430, and I love my '06 SC430 even more! Some people "get" the SC430, some don't. The ones who do are hooked.
That's exactly what I'm talking about that's why I could care less if the masses don't like it. I love it and I get love in it. For those who haven't read this recent thread regarding our SC430's. Please check it out and more importnatly STAND UP!! and be heard.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=268713&page=5
Old 03-14-07, 10:47 AM
BloodDoc
Driver School Candidate

I guess I'm in the minority. I like, but don't love my Sc430! Nice car, but the wrong choice for me. I thought I wanted a luxury coupe, but I should have stayed with a sports car. As reliable as they are, the soft paint, poor seating, lack of a manual transmission and lackluster performance make daily use a snore. I would recommend this car for most people, but it's biggest deficiency is me....I didn't do my homework.

BloodDoc

Quick Reply: 7 years since it's debut and still going strong....Do you still LOVE your SC430?