SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

No quad exhaust rear bumper for JobDesign

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-07, 01:23 PM
bt430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No quad exhaust rear bumper for JobDesign

Just got word that the rear bumper with the quad cutouts is not going to be available. They made 1 for the show car and that's it. You can get the rear bumper for the single pipes. In looking at that I think it'll need cutting to fit a Blitz.

BT
Old 03-17-07, 08:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man ths is such a bummer
Old 03-18-07, 07:33 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

hahaha.. you can save a lot of money or headache of finding other quad tips now.
I know a lot of people are complaining about the $1000 JD quad tips.

You probably need to trim that rear bumper a little to fit your current Blitz tips.
Old 03-19-07, 02:19 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Hmm, I never understood why it was "mandatory" to get the Job Design quad exhaust. I've seen many VIP magazines and VIP websites that sold quad/oval exhausts with extendable tips, they all look alike...just gotta make sure you get it done right at the muffler shop. In the end you'll probably be spending a little less, so why not?

Just a thought.
Old 03-19-07, 06:36 AM
bt430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by talwang
hahaha.. you can save a lot of money or headache of finding other quad tips now.
I know a lot of people are complaining about the $1000 JD quad tips.

You probably need to trim that rear bumper a little to fit your current Blitz tips.
Richard

I knew you'd be all over this one!! LOL

My problem is I don't really like the way that bumper looks. I liked the enclosed look. Maybe I can get a little work done to it to make it that way. I can cancel to entire order if I want. You are the king of this stuff what are my rear bumper options?
Old 03-19-07, 06:39 AM
bt430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Hmm, I never understood why it was "mandatory" to get the Job Design quad exhaust. I've seen many VIP magazines and VIP websites that sold quad/oval exhausts with extendable tips, they all look alike...just gotta make sure you get it done right at the muffler shop. In the end you'll probably be spending a little less, so why not?

Just a thought.
I belive the thinking on that was it's really looks tight in there on both the quad and single exhaust. So to get something to fit in there may be a little more problem than it looks. My intention was to go custom anyway so I took the tip money and bought the fenders.

BT
Old 03-19-07, 03:36 PM
talwang

Originally Posted by bt430
Richard

I knew you'd be all over this one!! LOL

My problem is I don't really like the way that bumper looks. I liked the enclosed look. Maybe I can get a little work done to it to make it that way. I can cancel to entire order if I want. You are the king of this stuff what are my rear bumper options?
It is very strange that JobDesign doesn't want to sell that rear bumper.
I think your car will still look very sexy without those quad tips.
I don't know if your local bodyshop is able to do that enclosed part.
Why don't you call steve to ask JobDesign to do it for you?

I believe the outlet of the quad tips from JD is 4.5" x3" per oval tip which is not an easy find if you ask me.
The outlet of the stock round tip is around 4", Blitz is around 5", right? I don't really remember it now.
I know you still have the stock exhaust and 4" aftermarket tips are quite easy to find anyway.

Old 03-20-07, 05:55 PM
da-bizket
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Modify the rear bumper yourself...

It looks like the Job Design dual and quad exhaust bumpers are the same except for size and location of the exhaust cutout. The quad being located higher up near the back-up lights. I plan to modify the bumper to fit whatever tips I can find. Got the aero stuff on order, still trying to find the tips. They look like MB SL55 exhaust tips.

Mark
Old 03-22-07, 11:18 AM
talwang

Originally Posted by da-bizket
It looks like the Job Design dual and quad exhaust bumpers are the same except for size and location of the exhaust cutout. The quad being located higher up near the back-up lights. I plan to modify the bumper to fit whatever tips I can find. Got the aero stuff on order, still trying to find the tips. They look like MB SL55 exhaust tips.

Mark
I thought you are going to get the same balsarini lip I have.

Tom's quad tips are quite close to JD quad tips in size for that JD rear bumper, but I myself will never modify either of them just to fit each other.
I'll only do JD quad tips to JD rear bumper or Tom's quad exhaust to Tom's rear bumper for the best fittment and the best future resale value.

It depends on how far you want to go, you can cut stock rear bumper and even rear lip to fit any quad tips you can find.
I personally prefer oval tips to round tips.

Old 04-04-07, 10:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

BT, sorry for the very late reply. but i would definitely move on with the JD and just find a muffler shop to custom the tips if needed. honestly i don't think it's that hard