SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

seeking input regarding new rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-07, 07:43 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not looking for aggressive rims or offsets of that nature.
I'm ok w/ a conservative stance.
The package is great deal for me if I jump on it.

New rims are a big deal to me especially changing to something different other than stock.

This is my first attempt at changing the rims to provide a look that I feel proud of.

But if there's other 19's on the market that can offer me a little more non-conservative fitment, then I may be able to hold out a little longer and look into them. Shaving fenders is out of the question for me.

what to do?
Old 05-22-07, 08:47 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

They must give you a very good deal that you can't resist.
You should keep your spacers if you decide to buy those.

The best place to find a nice set of used rims with a superb fitment for your SC430 will be 350Z/G35 forum, not here on this forum.
Old 05-22-07, 10:06 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

yup. you're right. I guess I'm just asking nonsense questions on here that I shouldn't have and should have done my homework first. My fault.

I guess I'm just not up to the level here that y'all are at in terms of agressive offsets and stance.

I'm very grateful that the knowledge and experience of this forum has to offer for me and hopefully someday I'll be ready to take it to the next level. Slowly but surely, I'll eventually get there, just not as fast as some people are here.

I'm still beginner and novice when it comes to this modding stuff and trying to understand what all these offsets and fitments are for this type of car.

I'll stop here w/ the rim questions now.

You've all been a great help.

BTW, Talwang, when I was ordering the GARSON neck pads and you probably knew all the other cool "bippu" stuff out there, I was shocked to find out they wanted almost half a grand for a VIP tray table. But they did have alot of nice JDM accessories for the interior like the astrays, lighters, keychains, you know...bling bling stuff.

thanks for your time...teeman3

Last edited by martini3; 05-22-07 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-23-07, 12:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

do it once and do it right, that's all i can/will say. the wheels will fit doesn't mean they are meant for the car. and obviously these wheels with those offsets are definitely not for the sc430 (they are weak even for the gs), so i wouldn't spend a penny on them no matter what kind of deal it is.

the way i see it, it's only a deal if it fits my needs. there are never stupid questions, tee. it's only stupid if you don't ask and regret later!
Old 05-23-07, 08:10 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

hey teeman I am always one for good deals. God knows I've bought tons of stuff I dont need just because of the price But being a person who has gone through alot of rims. 4 sets of 19's on my old car and 2 sets of 20's so far on the SC430. You currently got some rims, though albiet they might not be the best, they arent the worste Like rominl said figure out what you really want and just get it reguardless of the cost, and reguardless of what other people say. Just find that one rim design, color, chrome ect. Make sure you get all the details right, including size and save up to get it. BTW I have still not gotten my dream wheel. I think I am 90% there though
Old 05-23-07, 09:57 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Tony, thanks for the clarification. Your advice is very well put. This has helped me in holding off and passing up on this "great deal" and finding the right wheel fitment that I truly enjoy and like.

Gsxotic and Rominl, of course, you're always right about the true value of getting a suitable fitment for our cars and others in general.

Talwang, thanks again for the photoshop skills and your advice. But you do you mind if I request other photoshops in the near future from you? hehehehe...

And you know what? They aren't even chrome or that shiny w/ no lip. My TRD's have some lip. And this car looks good w/ nice lip.

Man, I'd probably be regretting that I got those cause they were a great deal and eventually did not like the rims to the fullest 100%.

I'll stick w/ what I gots and wait for the right choice of rim/wheel to come along. I'm in no hurry.

thanks again....teeman3

Last edited by martini3; 05-23-07 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-23-07, 11:30 AM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

No problem, Tee.
Just post them up, I'll photoshop them for you.

As for the tables, the price ranges from $200 to $500.
Most of them are made for specific VIP sedans, so it is very difficult to find something that fits well in our cars.