SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

my lexus what do you think

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-01, 10:41 PM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WOOOOOOOW!

What a sweet ride. Great Job! Keep up the good work so we can all live vicariously through your pocketbook.
Old 12-14-01, 10:23 AM
20inchgs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOW!!

That car is SICK!!!! thats all I have to say about that . Bump!
Old 12-16-01, 05:08 PM
NVRENUFHP
Rookie

After reading the title to your post on the index page, I was all set to see another pimpmobile where the addition of whitewall tires and curb feelers would have fit right in. But then I saw the pictures.

Congratulations. Very tasteful. Stunning. And a wee bit on the quick side, I imagine, so long as the nitrous holds out. Though the bottle takes up most of what Lexus laughingly calls a trunk.

Anyway, now that the compliment section of my post is done, let's get to the tacky stuff. How much did all that cost?

Last edited by NVRENUFHP; 12-16-01 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-17-01, 06:45 AM
lexpower
Driver School Candidate

THE NITROUS KIT COST 750 INSTALLED AND THE WHEELS COST ABOUT 6K WITH THE TIRES THE INTAKE COST ONLY 200 THE COIL OVERS WERE ABOUT 1800 THATS ABOUT IT IT WASNT TO EXPENSIVE......
Old 12-17-01, 08:42 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lexpower,

Could you tell me the part number for the H&R coilovers and how do you find the ride??
My source up here has no listing for the coilovers as of yet so he has no idea what the heck I am talking about.. Thanks in advance!

Ken
Old 12-17-01, 08:56 AM
therocker
Rookie

Sweet and Tasteful!!!!!
Old 12-17-01, 02:27 PM
lexpower
Driver School Candidate

COILOVER KIT IS THE GS400 COILOVER KIT FITS LIKE A GLOVE
Old 12-17-01, 03:51 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Gene and Lexpower for the info on the suspension.. I was thinking the GS parts would work but didn't want to buy it and then find out after the fact that it didn't work.. So that means I could also buy Tein CS that's made for the GS and it should work on the SC430.. Hmmm.. Now I have a whole bunch of decisions to make now..

Ken
Old 12-20-01, 09:17 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those rims look hot. I dont understand the nitrous though, messing with that stuff is bad news. As for those messing with the cats, I just sold my 98 Supra which had 465hp, much of which was a result of taking of the cats. Keep in mind it is a FEDERAL OFFENSE. The 19" rims I had on my Supra fit on the SC, thank god! I have 295-30's on the rear and they fit and do not rub. I'll try to get a picture up soon enough.

About lowering, I know people will do it anyway, but this car is not meant to have the suspension messed with. It doesnt allow the car to flex correctly and eventually destroys the integrity of the car. Soon creaks and rattles will engulf the car. It goes back to the "if you want a true sports car go buy one".

This of course is just my opinion. Sure it will look nicer, but its not worth the damage to the car and the ride quality. This car is a blessing compared to my Supra. It does not suffer that much in performance and my supra was a mid to high 12 sec car. And while the handling is not as great, it is pretty damn good unless your taking the car to the track.
Old 12-20-01, 12:37 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess I can see your point on the coilovers. If done right, which is very expensive they effects could be minimal. But people keep in mind this will probably cost between $1000-2000 so if anyone hears of coilovers for a couple hundred bux, this car is not a honda civic. Im just trying to warn some people about the adverse effects of lowering a car. Over time it will make the car rattle much more then it should. I had a friend who kept lowering his M3, ended up shooting the rear springs through the back of the car.
Old 12-20-01, 02:15 PM
lexpower
Driver School Candidate

1ST OF ALL THE CAR DRIVES NICER THAN FACTORY WITH THE COILOVERS NO BODY ROLL THIS CAR IS A COW AND WHEN TURNS YOU FLY OUT OF YOUR CHAIR... YOU FELL LIKE YOUR DRIVING A YACHT...THE COILOVER ACTUALLY MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE CONTROL OF THE CAR....IF I HAD TO DO ONE UPGRADE TO THIS CAR IT WOULD BE LOWERING IT....AND FOR YOUR FRIEND THAT KEPT LOWERING HIS M3 AND THE SPRING CAME OUT THE BACK OF THE CAR HE REALLY DID SOMETHING WRONG CUZ I AHVE 2001 M3 CABRIO AND ALSO WITH H&R COILOVERS (MY GIRLS CAR) AND IT CAN GO LOW AND THAT THING RIDES AWSOME... ALSO NO NOISES FROM MY CAR AT ALL...
Old 12-20-01, 11:38 PM
NVRENUFHP
Rookie

Lexpower, turn off your caps, learn to spell and make an attempt at intelligible grammar and people might actually give some consideration to what you have to say. Few of us have perfect spelling and grammar, but good Lord, man, at least try.
Old 12-21-01, 10:16 AM
lexpower
Driver School Candidate

give me a day or two to do that. i could only do it on my day off its a white m3 cabrio with chrome hres 547 you want a side by side or a individual picture?
Old 12-21-01, 09:32 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

so the SC430 can actually fit 20''s on 285 tires no rubbing? TIGHT

I wanna go for 285 on Work Equip 20 by 10 on the rear, but not sure if it would rub.. If SC can do it, so should the GS then. = )

Lexpower, what a great car on awesome wheels, man if only it could be reversed lips~~ = ).
Old 01-17-02, 12:40 PM
lexpower
Driver School Candidate

selling my car its at the dealer on consignment so if anyone is interested let me know ...i will not break it up ...(sry) the only thing i have is the nos kit out of the car so let me know if anyone is interested oh also have factory wheels and tire(run flats)if anyone wants them thanks......

Quick Reply: my lexus what do you think